Chargers at Titans Pre Game Discussion (Week 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

DeAndre Hopkins expected to play

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Re Van Noy, the reason given for not retaining him was that the Chargers wanted to get younger.

BTW Popper, upon film study, observed that K9 had one terrible play, but otherwise played ok. Murray is not completely unprepared to wear the green dot.

We shall see what happens.
      PFF had him graded as the worst player on the field, which is a big gap between what they and Popper saw. Regardless, last week is over so here is to hoping the faith the coaching staff continues to have in him pays off.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        DeAndre Hopkins expected to play
        Just saw that. He didn't practice at all last week so I was hoping he'd rest that ankle another week! He and Tannehill were not on the same page against the Saints so hoping that lack of practice continues that this week.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Re Van Noy, the reason given for not retaining him was that the Chargers wanted to get younger.

BTW Popper, upon film study, observed that K9 had one terrible play, but otherwise played ok. Murray is not completely unprepared to wear the green dot.

We shall see what happens.
          One play? Was he watching a team practice? I saw more than one bad play and I’m not even smart.

I thought Pffft graded him in the 20s. There it is - 29. Granting full challenges about PFFF methods and results, its hard to get into the 20s with only one bad play. Even PFF doesn’t grade a guy who should be in the 60s all the way down to 29.

I want to see a COUPLE games before making any decision on Staley’s defense - that includes particular players within the defense. I didn’t see K9 earn a gold star last week though.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

sorry, but players(just like most employees) still need to be reminded constantly to not do stupid things.... even belly cheat call his team to sdelines once in awhile to tell them things like dont intercept ball on 4th down.... etc.... and those who dont follow rules get cut.....

the best teams still break the rules and tackle in practice...they just pay the fines..... Chargers do not....
            Sorry but I’m just not on board yet with your unverified assumptions and links to blame assignments here. I need more than a guess and a finger point. Every defensive player in the league has known to not jump the LOS before the snap since they were tiny kids. they have know while playing football for 15 - 20 years, yet its that one more “hey Joey - don’t jump offsides” by the head coach that is the missing difference maker? Nah, thats unverified guessing
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Please unlock Herbert today. I would like to see a mobile QB that is MORE than willing to break out of the pocket and throw or run on the move. He's the best player on the field, let him improvise turn this game into a backyard football game.

Herbert looks better and more fluid on the move than Mahomes IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X