We Need to Cut Kenneth Murray (or not...)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There...fixed it for 'ya!
    Hmm, you think that's a better idea than just signing one or drafting an actual OC?
    If Moore is still here, maybe he would want Dallas' FA Center.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Different Defensive system with a weenie DC running the show...

Its not the size of the weenie its how you....oh shoot wrong forum.

Comment

• AFboltfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2018
        • Balboa Park bench
        • Medical Simulation
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Nwosu has actually came back to reality. He has 16 tackles and 2 sacks this season....thats after he signed a 3 year extension for 45 mil, 15 mil bonus and 32 mil guaranteed.

Ended last season with 9.5 sacks after a fast start. But he had 26 QB hits and only has 6 this season.
        He is also out for the season with a torn pectoral muscle...

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmm, you think that's a better idea than just signing one or drafting an actual OC?
          If Moore is still here, maybe he would want Dallas' FA Center.
          Connor Williams...? I liked him coming out of college... as an OT. He played for Dallas as an OG. Now he's playing for Dolphins as an OC. He's played at a high level where ever he's gone, whatever position you want him to play. Sign me up!

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

But back to the OT.

So many good LB's in this draft. Who you got people...?
            Last year, I watched Tommy Eichenberg. I came away impressed.
            This year I've been watching Junior Colson.
            Jamon Dumas-Johnson, Jeremiah Trotter, Cedric Gray, Payton Wilson, and Amari Gainer are just a few guys that I've only begun to watch. Seems like a deep position that you could get a stud in the 2nd/3rd round or get a quality developmental prospect in the 4th/5th round.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I think Kendricks has helped K9 get lined up correctly (along with the DL). K9 has athletic abilities... but Kendricks is the smarter of the 2. I think Henley takes over for K9. They'll roll with Kendricks and Henly next year... with TT drafting Kendricks' eventual replacement in this year's draft.
              I agree with the first half but then we diverge. Kendricks served his purpose and earned his 2023 pay by adding on-field developmental mentoring to K9 and also playing decent ball. Hard to say how much of its him but he helped. But he’s not playing exceptional; K9 is clearly outplaying him. By next year K9 will be ready to swim without his Kendricks floaties and no way I keep a 32 yo high priced descending LB over the ascending superior beast in Murray.

K9 + Henley is the Chargers LB core for the next 3 - 4 years, don’t fuck it up TT.

Kendricks is not a cheap retention - he carries a 2024 $9.25M cap hit, $6.5M of that can be saved by releasing him. They could easily structure a 3-4 year K9 deal thats $6.5M or less 2024 cap hit. even if they don’t they should find the answer somewhere else and not let one of the best players on the defense walk.

you’re right the FO may decide differently. This is just my recommendation. I’d bet Staley feels the same although its a coin flip he’ll have a chair in the facility next spring. K9 is not the place to save cap and they won’t save much or any cap vs my alternative. We’ve all grown beyond tired of seeing mediocre LB play kill the Chargers defense up the middle year after year, K9 is a huge reason for our rush defense improvement. Don’t fuck it up TT!

if want a different result we have to break that cycle. The time is now, K9 is the place to do it.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Connor Williams...? I liked him coming out of college... as an OT. He played for Dallas as an OG. Now he's playing for Dolphins as an OC. He's played at a high level where ever he's gone, whatever position you want him to play. Sign me up!
                Biadasz,...just saying Moore may like him. There are other OCs we could sign.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

But back to the OT.

So many good LB's in this draft. Who you got people...?
                  Last year, I watched Tommy Eichenberg. I came away impressed.
                  This year I've been watching Junior Colson.
                  Jamon Dumas-Johnson, Jeremiah Trotter, Cedric Gray, Payton Wilson, and Amari Gainer are just a few guys that I've only begun to watch. Seems like a deep position that you could get a stud in the 2nd/3rd round or get a quality developmental prospect in the 4th/5th round.
                  I havent got a handle on the LBs but Gray, Carter......and Trotter....but im sure the Senior Trotter would HATE that his Son got drafted by the Spanos lol. Same with Jerry Rice's Son but i really like Rice's Son Brenden and would love to have him....hopefully 4th round.

Comment

• charger1993
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

i think if we let murray walk itll be the same as when we let perryman walk,

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
                      i think if we let murray walk itll be the same as when we let perryman walk,
                      Except Perryman is slow and K9 is fast? I’ve beat my drum more than enough, I’ll stop for now.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1993
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Except Perryman is slow and K9 is fast? I’ve beat my drum more than enough, I’ll stop for now.
                        yeah k9 is fast, what im saying is we'd be letting go of the physical thumper, they're similar players k9 is just faster, i didnt like letting perryman go either, even tho both do make me angry some times

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I agree with the first half but then we diverge. Kendricks served his purpose and earned his 2023 pay by adding on-field developmental mentoring to K9 and also playing decent ball. Hard to say how much of its him but he helped. But he’s not playing exceptional; K9 is clearly outplaying him. By next year K9 will be ready to swim without his Kendricks floaties and no way I keep a 32 yo high priced descending LB over the ascending superior beast in Murray.

K9 + Henley is the Chargers LB core for the next 3 - 4 years, don’t fuck it up TT.

Kendricks is not a cheap retention - he carries a 2024 $9.25M cap hit, $6.5M of that can be saved by releasing him. They could easily structure a 3-4 year K9 deal thats $6.5M or less 2024 cap hit. even if they don’t they should find the answer somewhere else and not let one of the best players on the defense walk.

you’re right the FO may decide differently. This is just my recommendation. I’d bet Staley feels the same although its a coin flip he’ll have a chair in the facility next spring. K9 is not the place to save cap and they won’t save much or any cap vs my alternative. We’ve all grown beyond tired of seeing mediocre LB play kill the Chargers defense up the middle year after year, K9 is a huge reason for our rush defense improvement. Don’t fuck it up TT!

if want a different result we have to break that cycle. The time is now, K9 is the place to do it.
                          IMO, Kendricks is playing exceptionally well... and better than K9. Nothing changed along the front 7 from last year... except Kendricks. IMO, he does a lot of the little things that go unnoticed. And that is why the front 7 is so much better this year.

The age/expense thing is a real consideration. But people better be real sure K9 is ready for the green dot if you're going to release the glue of your defense. I would bet that Staley loves Kendricks... and may be the reason Kendricks is here in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                          X