We Need to Cut Kenneth Murray (or not...)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yes on the 41 yard play right after we tied the game #11 for the Lions ran right by Kendricks who stood and watched mesmerized by Jared Goff. That was a killer. Literally 1st play after we tied it at 38 and they were already in fg range.

so who do u blame? When all the players are fucking up it ain’t the players

i can’t for the life of me figure out why they let WRs and TEs have free releases off the LOS
    Staley’s computer model says to put a lid on it. You are so fucking right its a traveshamockery.

I’m just 100% completely stunned by Staley’s refusal to learn and adapt. He’s gonna ride his worm digger all the way to China …
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
      Chargers Hall of Fame
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
      John boy, Telesco, and Staley spent a lot of money on garbage. None of them can evaluate talent.
      Gus wanted Murray. Maybe he's a better fit for Bradley's simplistic scheme?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yes on the 41 yard play right after we tied the game #11 for the Lions ran right by Kendricks who stood and watched mesmerized by Jared Goff. That was a killer. Literally 1st play after we tied it at 38 and they were already in fg range.

so who do u blame? When all the players are fucking up it ain’t the players

i can’t for the life of me figure out why they let WRs and TEs have free releases off the LOS
        I blame the players for not playing football. This is not their first time seeing a TE run a route. Staley scheme while it does have issues, put both Murray and Kendricks in position to make a play, they choose to not move and make the damn play.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

I blame the players for not playing football. This is not their first time seeing a TE run a route. Staley scheme while it does have issues, put both Murray and Kendricks in position to make a play, they choose to not move and make the damn play.
          Kendrix is an umpteen year vet and looked confused; the NFL chess master Tranquil couldn't get it.
          Everyone then thought it was Tranquil and pointed to his tiff with SDJ as proof.

Who do you have in mind as being capable of getting it?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Kendrix is an umpteen year vet and looked confused; the NFL chess master Tranquil couldn't get it.
            Everyone then thought it was Tranquil and pointed to his tiff with SDJ as proof.

Who do you have in mind as being capable of getting it?
            hoping Henley has the smarts

Why was Kendricks let go from Minnesota?
            Last edited by NoMoreChillies; 11-18-2023, 11:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Cuz he's gettin older,but he was still a very solid LBer for them.I believe it's a scheme issue.Staleys D plan is just not "expressing" itself on the field where it counts.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                Cuz he's gettin older,but he was still a very solid LBer for them.I believe it's a scheme issue.Staleys D plan is just not "expressing" itself on the field where it counts.
                My amateur take on LAC Defense

1 there are plays where players don’t know what their assignment is
                2 there are plays where players can’t possible stop a conversion, 1D, or success by the offense, they are not in a position to win

if players repeatedly don’t know their assignment (1) after 3 years then the DC made it too complicated for players to process at the speed of NFL football or he failed to teach it, coach it and practice it as they need to play in a game. #2 is the DC failed to call a play / alignment that even had a chance. Add up those two categories and there are way too many of these plays by LC for a top DC in the NFL. This is the difference between an average LAC roster playing #15 defense and playing #30 defense. NFL is an unforgiving war, only the best emerge atop. Staley has not emerged and 3 seasons is enough time.

Add in the 3rd factor that sometimes players make mistakes and miss plays, react late to a break, miss a tackle, etc - those are football plays the coach shouldn’t be responsible for. I now believe if 1 and 2 were eliminated, #3 would be occasional and ot be what decided games.

I do not believe for one second that the Chargers would be languishing in the 30s on any ranking with this roster if BB was the HC and designing the defensive scheme each week. They don’t have the guns for #1 defense but a great DC would get a lot more from them. Our record is likely 7-3.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Murray has reverted to the invisible nothing of a player of previous years.

Comment

• Chargers vs. Chargering
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Murray has reverted to the invisible nothing of a player of previous years.
                    He should be the first 4 million dollar practice squad guy

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Screenshot_20231122-085343_Instagram.jpg

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                        FUdean
                        • Dec 2022
                        • Send PM

This should be reason enough to fire Telesco and Jonny!!!

Kenneth Murray signed a 4 year, $12,974,941 contract with the Los Angeles Chargers, including a $6,996,320 signing bonus, $12,974,941 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,243,735. In 2023, Murray will earn a base salary of $2,379,310, while carrying a cap hit of $4,128,390 and a dead cap value of $4,128,390.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
                          This should be reason enough to fire Telesco and Jonny!!!

Kenneth Murray signed a 4 year, $12,974,941 contract with the Los Angeles Chargers, including a $6,996,320 signing bonus, $12,974,941 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,243,735. In 2023, Murray will earn a base salary of $2,379,310, while carrying a cap hit of $4,128,390 and a dead cap value of $4,128,390.
                          I think that's his rookie contract, so blame the pick, not the slot pay

Comment

Working...
                          X