We Need to Cut Kenneth Murray (or not...)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I only mentioned green dot because someone else did, don't remember if it was you and its not important to look.

They didn't exercise his option before the season because last year he played like shit. yesterday didn't boost his future stock, thats for sure. I'm still choosing him over Kendricks but won't write a new deal until the year is over - maybe neither are invited back.

No idea what the Pats thought about Jones, he sucks. K9 won't be signing QB type money.
    I don't see any reason to bring back Murray unless its like $2m or thereabouts. See what the rookie has, Henley (Hanley) and find a better veteran for cheap. Release Kendricks

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't see any reason to bring back Murray unless its like $2m or thereabouts. See what the rookie has, Henley (Hanley) and find a better veteran for cheap. Release Kendricks
      This is ridiculous pay given he's been making close to $4 mil per year. He is now a seasoned veteran and somebody just might use his talents a little better. I have no problem Paying him $6 mil a year. We need to draft more oline not more linebackers.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

that last 4th and 2 Murray sat in his zone and watched the TE cross his face but never moved. Do we blame coaches or players?

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

play zone, with 2 yards to gain, but playing back 5?! I really dont understand this d philosophy. do they really think the opponent is gonna air it out there and burn you for a TD? That might've been better...give Herbert time to go back and tie it back up.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
            that last 4th and 2 Murray sat in his zone and watched the TE cross his face but never moved. Do we blame coaches or players?
            You gonna blame Murray for one play? I mean they were playing pitch and toss all game long with a clean pocket for goff all game long. Sure...he's our problem on the defense.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

You gonna blame Murray for one play? I mean they were playing pitch and toss all game long with a clean pocket for goff all game long. Sure...he's our problem on the defense.

yeah I am blaming him for that play. If he moves to cover the TE then its incomplete. Dude only had to take 3 steps, who is he covering if not the TE? Nobody else was in his zone, need some football smarts here.

I know the def played bad all game, here was his chance to change that. I cannot blame Staley for putting him in that zone and him not moving at all. Go watch it again. 4th and 2.

I wish i could record plays and show the pathetic effort from some players. That big 75yrd run was a result of 3 lazy broken tackles. The big pass plays was a result of Derwin biting on every play action. The whole defense gets blame not just Staley.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2023
                • Send PM

yeah I am blaming him for that play. If he moves to cover the TE then its incomplete. Dude only had to take 3 steps, who is he covering if not the TE? Nobody else was in his zone, need some football smarts here.

I know the def played bad all game, here was his chance to change that. I cannot blame Staley for putting him in that zone and him not moving at all. Go watch it again. 4th and 2.

I wish i could record plays and show the pathetic effort from some players. That big 75yrd run was a result of 3 lazy broken tackles. The big pass plays was a result of Derwin biting on every play action. The whole defense gets blame not just Staley.
                Murray wasn't the only Charger defender fixed in a spot facing the qb on that play;
                it sure looks like that's the way its drawn up by Staley.

Detroit wouldn't have gone for it on 4rth down if they didn't see this going on.

I'm prepared to believe that Staley is a monumental idiot by this point.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Murray is hopelessly lost in coverage. He’s a one dimensional LB who has improved as a run stopper but that’s it.

In modern football, covering receivers on short routes over the middle is more important than stopping the run.

I think it’s time to move on from Murray.

BTW, Kendrick’s can’t cover anybody either. He’s even worse but it’s because he’s too slow. In Murray’s case, he just doesn’t know what to do.

John boy, Telesco, and Staley spent a lot of money on garbage. None of them can evaluate talent.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I'm a bit peeved that after I lobbied hard to sign the damn bastard all week after strong games for the last 6 weeks or more, he went out and played a stinker. Both he and Kendricks had poor games.

I have decided I'd like to just blame it all on Staley ... He should have had Murry another yard+ closer to the line so Laporta ran into him
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I'm a bit peeved that after I lobbied hard to sign the damn bastard all week after strong games for the last 6 weeks or more, he went out and played a stinker. Both he and Kendricks had poor games.

I have decided I'd like to just blame it all on Staley ... He should have had Murry another yard+ closer to the line so Laporta ran into him
                      Staley's defense requires 7 pro bowlers and 4 very good additional defenders for his #1 defense otherwise he tries pushing schemes that net us #31 or #32 in the league. We have a college prof trying to prove his thesis.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Yes on the 41 yard play right after we tied the game #11 for the Lions ran right by Kendricks who stood and watched mesmerized by Jared Goff. That was a killer. Literally 1st play after we tied it at 38 and they were already in fg range.

so who do u blame? When all the players are fucking up it ain’t the players

i can’t for the life of me figure out why they let WRs and TEs have free releases off the LOS

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Staley's defense requires 7 pro bowlers and 4 very good additional defenders for his #1 defense otherwise he tries pushing schemes that net us #31 or #32 in the league. We have a college prof trying to prove his thesis.
                          It’s a damn fine algorithm, did you see how the computer modeled it? No way we’re changing a thing, we love our algorithm!
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X