• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whydachargers?
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I completely understand this. There are many days that I struggle just to get out of bed and keep moving. My wife and I run a grief share small group through our church now to help others who have experienced loss. Every Wednesday night we host about 12-15 people at our house, serve dinner where we can talk and support each other, spiritually and emotionally. This has helped a lot.
    Beautiful

Comment

• Whydachargers?
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2023
      • Send PM

Tommy has been emotionally difficult for a lot of extra reasons. I named him after my dad who passed away in a car accident on December 22nd 1977 when I was 7 years old. So losing 2 loved ones with the same name was just an extra sting. Tommy also shares his birthday with Junior Seau and we all know his tragic passing, its just a lot of reminders everywhere.

Also with the Army they arranged to pay for Tommy's military marker but when it came time they did not pay and cancelled it. They did not tell us with an email or a call or a letter. September when it had been six months as they said we should wait for it we called for an update, they just told me, yea we are not paying for it after all. Its not that I am stressed over the money to pay for the marker but their changing of their minds and not giving us a heads up. Now I had to re order the same one and it is going to take another six months for it to be completed. As OG619FrightninLightnin said, the we treat our veterans terrible, its just the callousness they have with the veterans and their families like hey just pick up the phone, leave a message or send a letter but they could not even be bothered to do that. ​
      FoutsFan, I don't know about you but I cannot recommend the Army after my brief enlistment with them (I got out early because of all the bullshit). I went through a lot of shit with them. When I look back on that time I have to pinch myself because it doesn't seem real that so much b.s. could fit into such a short time. It's incredible! And that was only in a year and a month. There's a LOT of stupid people in the Army in places of power. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Process Therapy Institute in in San Jose, CA. They helped me overcome my COMPLEX PTSD from childhood. It only took 5 months of going every week on Zoom. My wife says it's been the best year of our 23 years of marriage! My 20 yo daughter said, "I dunno it's your new church or your therapy but you are different (in a good good way) In Matthew 4:23, Jesus came to preach AND HEAL. This is the healing. Julia Chaffin is a Christian and works there. She helped me but any of them using Family Systems (therapy style is very effective) will do! God bless.

Also, feel free to read and put this up in your home (true stories from WW1 and more) for protection.https://sogreatlyoved.blog/2018/02/2...of-protection/
        Only works for believers. When I had Covid symptoms or pains, I would hold the body part that was in pain while praying this prayer, illnesses never progressed. I healed fast.
        Jox, I also have complex PTSD from childhood. What specifically worked well for you? While I've been in some mode of therapy from my 20's until present (I'm 60) I've not ever had any therapy specifically focused on "trauma therapy". Please tell me more.

Edit: I see "Family Systems" therapy. Was that it?

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post

FoutsFan, I don't know about you but I cannot recommend the Army after my brief enlistment with them (I got out early because of all the bullshit). I went through a lot of shit with them. When I look back on that time I have to pinch myself because it doesn't seem real that so much b.s. could fit into such a short time. It's incredible! And that was only in a year and a month. There's a LOT of stupid people in the Army in places of power. I'll leave it at that.
          I have nothing but love and respect for the men and women serving in the Armed forces. The people in power and bureaucracies I have no respect for, they ARE the problem. Just look at the suicide rates for our troops and that will tell you everything you need to know about how they are doing with their "programs".​

Comment

• Whydachargers?
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2023
            • Send PM

FoutsFan, how are you doing now?

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Whydachargers? View Post
              FoutsFan, how are you doing now?
              Well this Christmas season has been tough so far, it wont get easier over the next couple of days. Just do a lot of praying and things to keep myself occupied. I do a lot of painting, I have taken up golf again after about a 20 year break and I am learning to play the Banjo. I try to keep busy and occupied but I keep getting blindsided with memories no matter what I do. Next February and March marks 1 year so that is looming around the corner, I feel like I am walking down a dark tunnel and the light at the end is an oncoming train that I can see but not do anything about. Some days I just focus on tasks, get up, get dressed, drive to work, run reports and so on. Just 1 task, focus on completing it then start another, not all days are that bad but many are.

I have family that ask all the time How are you doing, they don't want to know, they just want to hear great I am doing great, so they can feel relieved. I ask them do you really want to know? It becomes an uncomfortable silence. My wife and I lean on each other when the other is not doing well. God has been doing a lot of heavy lifting in our lives as well, if not for him I do not know where I would be right now.

I can't say enough for the support here on this board from my Bolt family and for Fleet letting me post here, it helps a lot to type things out and get them off my chest.

Thank you for asking, today was a tough day.
              Last edited by FoutsFan; 12-22-2023, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Well this Christmas season has been tough so far, it wont get easier over the next couple of days. Just do a lot of praying and things to keep myself occupied. I do a lot of painting, I have taken up golf again after about a 20 year break and I am learning to play the Banjo. I try to keep busy and occupied but I keep getting blindsided with memories no matter what I do. Next February and March marks 1 year so that is looming around the corner, I feel like I am walking down a dark tunnel and the light at the end is an oncoming train that I can see but not do anything about. Some days I just focus on tasks, get up, get dressed, drive to work, run reports and so on. Just 1 task, focus on completing it then start another, not all days are that bad but many are.

I have family that ask all the time How are you doing, they don't want to know, they just want to hear great I am doing great, so they can feel relieved. I ask them do you really want to know? It becomes an uncomfortable silence. My wife and I lean o each other when the other is not doing well. God has been doing a lot of heavy lifting in our lives as well, if not for him I do not know where I would be right now.

I can't say enough for the support here on this board from my Bolt family and for Fleet letting me post here, it helps a lot to type things out and get them off m chest.

Sending good vibes your way, man. May peace be with you.

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2023
                  • Send PM

I have family that ask all the time How are you doing, they don't want to know, they just want to hear great I am doing great, so they can feel relieved. I ask them do you really want to know? It becomes an uncomfortable silence. My wife and I lean on each other when the other is not doing well. God has been doing a lot of heavy lifting in our lives as well, if not for him I do not know where I would be right now.

I can't say enough for the support here on this board from my Bolt family and for Fleet letting me post here, it helps a lot to type things out and get them off my chest.

I'm so glad I asked! And thank you for being completely forthright. That's a BIG Christmas gift for me and I'm sure many others who are in need of connecting in a meaningful way. I can relate a lot with you. More on this later. Basically I'm struggling as well with a lot of loneliness - and fear that it will never end.

My father played all kinds of golf - even died on Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course of a heart attack. My uncle played the banjo when he was younger so I love hearing it played "well". lol

Much love and warmth from God and people in your life...that's my wish and prayer for you.

EDIT: One last thing...Please use this thread ANY TIME you need to reach out and bare your soul. I believe Fleet would want that.You're not only helping you when you do. You're also helping others like myself.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Tomorrow would have been Tommy's 24th birthday. Then Feb 17th marks one year for Isaac, March 17th marks 1 year for Tommy. The next couple of months will be tough, or I should say more tough than usual.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Tomorrow would have been Tommy's 24th birthday. Then Feb 17th marks one year for Isaac, March 17th marks 1 year for Tommy. The next couple of months will be tough, or I should say more tough than usual.
                      Sorry man. Prayers.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

March 17th marked the one year anniversary for Tommy.

It was very hard, an emotional kick in the ass. I pray for myself, my wife, my daughter and my son in law for God to help us with his peace. It's still hard, I cannot imagine what it would be like without his help.

I want to say, my wife tells me the same thing so I know its true with her as well. We can feel the prayers and good wishes from those in our church, family and here in the Bolt Family. It really helps us get through the day and I cannot say enough how appreciative I am to be able to come here, talk football and have a place to escape for a while.

Thanks again to everyone here and to Fleet for providing this forum.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

March 17th marked the one year anniversary for Tommy.

It was very hard, an emotional kick in the ass. I pray for myself, my wife, my daughter and my son in law for God to help us with his peace. It's still hard, I cannot imagine what it would be like without his help.

I want to say, my wife tells me the same thing so I know its true with her as well. We can feel the prayers and good wishes from those in our church, family and here in the Bolt Family. It really helps us get through the day and I cannot say enough how appreciative I am to be able to come here, talk football and have a place to escape for a while.

Thanks again to everyone here and to Fleet for providing this forum.
                          Prayers my brother. Sending Aloha.

Comment

Working...
                          X