• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Bosa starts from day 1. Chill.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
      We'll see. Merriman didn't and didnt miss any time.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        We'll see. Merriman didn't and didnt miss any time.
        Merriman held out until week 3 of the preseason against Minnesota. Because he missed so much time they put him on special teams that game and he hurt his knee. The same one that gave him problems later on.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
          How effective will he be? I don't want a half assed player out there. It's completely unnecessary.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

No, it really hurts us because we need better players and Lissemore ain't one. Mebane isn't going to play outside. Could but most likely won't.
            Lissemore is an effective run stuffer. He adds no pass rush, but at least can maintain his assigment, which is more than Reyes and Liuget can say most of the time. The problem on our DL is the DE, not the NT. Carrethers has been up and down as well, so it is time for him to step up.

Mebane is going to play on the nose, and maybe a little bit as a 43 NT, in our rush line, on run downs. I don't think anyone is suggesting he will play outside. But adding a leverage NT means that other players can be moved around, which gives us some flexibility.

I don't know if Bosa will start or not. It would be better if he didn't.

Do we care if the most dynamic player on our DL pisses away useful snaps on quick throws and runs? He will play mostly in the pass rush line, and that is where he can have an impact. DL "starters" are limited players who lack the overall skills to be impact players. Let Lissemore and Carrethers have those early down snaps in the base D. They can stuff the run, and play with leverage, so that when Bosa does come on, he can penetrate and stop the draws in the backfield and rush the QB. But the guys who play vs base personnel and shortyardage are not going to make as many impact plays, because offenses play it safe on those downs and don't put the ball at risk. It's later in the snap count that a player can make the impact plays, and that was why we drafted Bosa.

My concern with Bosa is more about the fact that if Condon is really trying to make it an issue about the bonus money playouts and the offset language, then he is setting Bosa up for missing a lot of time. I just can't see the Chargers budging on the issue, and they shouldn't. We have had all our players deal with issues like this, so why should the Chargers make accomidations for him? Phillip Rivers, Gates and LT all took the offset language and defered bonuses, and did it on several contracts. If Bosa thinks a rookie gets to set policy, then he needs to see that there is a hall of famer, and 2 likely hall of fame guys who did it and no one ever said a thing.
            Last edited by Steve; 07-03-2016, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Wheels
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

Bosa has to get signed first before he does anything. Still amazes me that we cant get these guys signed with a rookie scale. These agents are dirtbags for wanting to create more ways to get more money and i stand by my thinking that with a rookie scale, why do these players NEED an agent? Sign the rookie deal and keep ALL that money for yourself. Hire an agent when you get close to FA'cy.
              I feel that Condon is doing this holdout thing to make himself relevant, because of the rookie pay scale that was imposed. Gotta justify the paycheck.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

It's not enough that we have almost an entire thread devoted to the "Bosa Blunder". Now we have to hijack the first thread I've started all year to the subject.

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The question isn't that the team expects Rivers to do it all, they don't. They've spent significant resources on OL. The question is why they've whiffed so badly (injuries, bad draft picks).

King Dunlap - Injured, but signed large FA contract. I doubt he plays 3 games this year.
                  Orlando Franklin - Bust (so far), but signed large FA contract
                  Chris Watt - Bust (replace by FA OL Slaussen, and 3rd round pick Turk)
                  DJ Fluker - Minor Bust (not a 1st round talent, but has heart of a lion)
                  Barksdale - Hey, at least he wasn't injured too much. FA signed decent contract

Edit: And you can also include Melvin Gordon as being a huge bust as well. Wasted 1st round draft pick (so far).

Then let's look at the WR corp. They brought in Stevie Johnson who should be great, but last year was like... Stevie Who? Benjamin this year... on a theoretical sheet of paper the team HAS brought in guys to fill holes. Those guys simply haven't performed.
                  Last edited by KNSD; 07-05-2016, 08:18 AM.
                  Prediction:
                  Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                  Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                    The question isn't that the team expects Rivers to do it all, they don't. They've spent significant resources on OL. The question is why they've whiffed so badly (injuries, bad draft picks).

King Dunlap - Injured, but signed large FA contract. I doubt he plays 3 games this year.
                    Orlando Franklin - Bust (so far), but signed large FA contract
                    Chris Watt - Bust (replace by FA OL Slaussen, and 3rd round pick Turk)
                    DJ Fluker - Minor Bust (not a 1st round talent, but has heart of a lion)
                    Barksdale - Hey, at least he wasn't injured too much. FA signed decent contract

Edit: And you can also include Melvin Gordon as being a huge bust as well. Wasted 1st round draft pick (so far).

Then let's look at the WR corp. They brought in Stevie Johnson who should be great, but last year was like... Stevie Who? Benjamin this year... on a theoretical sheet of paper the team HAS brought in guys to fill holes. Those guys simply haven't performed.
                    Steve is right. It hasn't been for lack of trying. We just have sucked. We're that student who busts his ass off trying to learn the ABCs but, by the 10th grade, still hasn't figured out what letter elemenoh is.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
                      Steve is right. It hasn't been for lack of trying. We just have sucked. We're that student who busts his ass off trying to learn the ABCs but, by the 10th grade, still hasn't figured out what letter elemenoh is.
                      Steve???

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                        Steve???
                        Steve is right. It's how I'm starting most of my messages now.
                        Sorry. I should have said KNSD, who showed some Steve-like abilities.

Comment

Working...
                        X