Cowboys @ Chargers Official Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Air Coryell 84
    JH needs JH
    • Dec 2021
    • SW FL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Austin Ekeler with 27 yards on 14 carries tonight. Almost as dominant of a performance as his 35 yards on 13 carries in last January's playoff loss. But we don't need to look into finding a younger running back to complement Herbert.
    Nevermind the idiotic plan to run Ekeler twice when you're deep in your own end zone and then Herbert gets flustered and throws a horrible pass and then we're 3 and out. One of the inept first 6 drives we had. Should I continue?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Heartbreaking loss. Afraid this is end of line for Coach Staley as Charger head coach. Lot of factors play into this, so many it adds up overwhelmingly as to leave ownership no other choice. Such a shame, class act, super decent guy and family just heartbroken 💔

Comment

• Wrbanwal
        FUdean
        • Dec 2022
        • Send PM

I only stayed up for the first half and came away with the usual suspects. Looking at the stats this morning

the refs for the win. 20 penalties for close to 200 yards? I don’t know what the overall stats are for the nfl and I don’t watch much anymore but my guess is the refs have a greater impact than in years past.

Comment

• Air Coryell 84
          JH needs JH
          • Dec 2021
          • SW FL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
          At this point we could be 0-5 team barring 2 lucky interceptions.

This team is not good. I would say trade everyone including Herbert and give the keys to franchaise to a competent HC/GM.

We are not heading in right direction.
          You know what, you're absolutely correct. I was watching the 0-5 Panthers game and for an 0-5 team they had some cohesiveness as a team that I don't see with us. Their rookie QB was keeping them in the game. I thought they were going to win their first game. If we played the Panthers, it would be a nail biter decided by special teams maybe

Comment

• Air Coryell 84
            JH needs JH
            • Dec 2021
            • SW FL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
            I only stayed up for the first half and came away with the usual suspects. Looking at the stats this morning

the refs for the win. 20 penalties for close to 200 yards? I don’t know what the overall stats are for the nfl and I don’t watch much anymore but my guess is the refs have a greater impact than in years past.
            The ineligible man downfield penalties were BS.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Herberts finger was a factor...or he just had an off game...but no matter. We should not have needed hero ball against a somewhat talented team, with a mid QB, because the boyz are mentally weak...turns out, so are we.

Sad thing is, there is no relief in sight. There are no magic head coaches out there that will suddenly turn this team around. This is it...either the players turn this thing around, or we gotta blow it all up...

There is still hope, even if we lose to KC...sure there is. But no coach is gonna scheme us into the playoffs...these players, starting with the vets, simply have to play better...play with a chip on their shoulder, instead of hanging their heads, or making stupid mistakes. But we arent done yet...there is still some hope...

Herbert gets healthy, finger not a distraction
              Herbert develops chemistry with Q
              Linsley returns
              Bosa gets healthy
              Eke gets healthy...he was not 100%

And yes...the coaches. Clean this mess up. Tired of the stupid penalties. Derwin James needs an ass eating...and no excuse for a lineman to be that far downfield, even on a run/pass option, if that was, in fact, the call.

Lotta work. Lotta season left, though....salvagable...but I fear it wont be for the faint of heart, lol...
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                You should be frustrated your excellent QB is 27-26 in his career. However, you should be excited the Chargers are leading the league in scoring per game with their new OC after a sample size of only 5 games. You should be excited the Chargers defense have 20 sacks the last five games, that's an average of 4 a game.

You should be excited Herbert has a 20-6 record when the defense holds an opponent to less than 28 points.

I believe that we should also find out the number of blitzes that was thrown at the Chargers offensive line by Cowboys DC Dan Quinn. I got a feeling Quinn blitzed the hell out of the Chargers last night. It really felt like the Minnesota game again, with TE Tre McKitty and RT Trey Pipkens both getting beat and Herbert going down hard.
                Third and 19 in crunchtime...Defensive Holding...automatic first down. Failure to get stops on third down is a pervasive problem. Fire Staley.

Now let's talk about busts. We are good at that early midround and late. Tillery. Lamp. Feeney. JJones... McKitty/Woods/Kelley/Spiller the midrounders kill us). Fire Telesco, Kevin Kelly and scouts.

Now move on to player development (very important). The Chargers have underperformed here. We miss Frank Smith and Renaldo Hill for starters. Fire the Assistant Coaches.

We have an organizational problem.
                Nothing fresh stated here.
                Just a declaration.
                Accountability is demanded.

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Belichick has won 6 Superbowls and been to 9 Superbowls as a HC. Before that he won 2 Superbowls as a defensive co-ordinator.

Belichick has earned his credibility when he has a bad season out of many great seasons. With a track record like his you really shouldn't compare the two coaches, it makes you sound stupid.
                  New England's roster is crap and Belichick is getting long in the tooth.

The Pat game will be interesting: Belichick probably has circled it as one of his few win opportunities.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                    At this point we could be 0-5 team barring 2 lucky interceptions.

This team is not good. I would say trade everyone including Herbert and give the keys to franchaise to a competent HC/GM.

We are not heading in right direction.
                    Sometimes it is very helpful to have perspectives from afar, a view from 40 thousand feet, if you will.

Yes the Chargers might be 0-5. They also mighf be 5-0.

It is on Staley that we are under .500 and scrambling AGAIN.

Last night, a familiar scenario unfolded. After initial success, we frittered away another opportunity to seize control of a contest. We are painfully shy about winning, ultimately.

The organization must look in the mirror and be honest.

This is no where near good enough.

The constant underachieving leaves us loyal fans embarassed. I don't even wear my Chargers hat at sports bars anymore.

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The OL which was supposedly very good has shown itself to not be as good as people thought it was. Outside of Slater it is suspect. Who was able to conceive that Zion Johnson and Jamaree Salyer would have the struggles they are having? Not enough games to say if they're simply having a sophomore slump or if one or both of them are regressing. Pipkins can do fine when he's facing average edge players, but when he's going up against superior edge players they show him they're his daddy. Linsley is missed. When he's there, the OL unit does a better job in run blocking and pass blocking. The team will have to find a future center to replace him when Linsley's time is done.

I didn't see the slant plays being used like in previous games. Those are useful in beating defenses that like to blitz or crowd the box. Opponents who study the Chargers' offense won't allow KA to go wild like Minnesota did. So we really need the other WRs to step up. Palmer has shown he can deliver. QJ needs to show that he can be reliable. Depending on how he does when he gets back, Guyton should help in areas that the offense needs. A veteran like him is what could help in times of trouble.

Pass rush up front is one of the things the team has going on defense. When it comes to pass defense and coverage, the team is real bad. Opposing offenses eat them up. If the pass rush doesn't get the QB or affect his reads/throws, the defense fails because of how bad the players in coverage are. There's a lot on that side of the roster that needs an upgrade.
                      ​
                      Many here were able to conceive it. Salyer is new to the position; Clap is a marginal backup; Zion doesn't have a ton of experience at guard.
                      Everyone is playing next to someone new from last year - particularly the interior, on both sides.

This coaching staff does them no favors: I saw Clapp asked to make a block he'll never make in a thousand years.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Belicheck is a very good football coach. He is 1-5.
                        It's a QB driven league and it's Mahomes world until someone stops him. Herbert first game with a broken finger. I'll give a poor pass tonight. But you make your name by making winning plays. Dak won by 3 with a couple backyard football plays that scored. Herbert could have put up more points but poor throws to open WR ended in punts.

It's just 1 game. But all 3 losses were games the offense struggle to close the game.

One thing in defense this game. Derwin committed a penalty but he really should have punched the ball to force a turnover and not went for the hit. He also had a silly late hit on QB. Bosa and Derwin combine IQ doesn't add up to average. I would trade both of them next off season.
                        We say these things every week.....for years in end.

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

I’ve been watching this team with no emotional attachment this season. My observations of last night summarized:

— When Linsley is out, the OL is shit
                          — Derwin James has no football IQ and needs to be benched before he does even more damage either to himself or to another player. A disciplined coach would have already done so and tells you all you need to know about Staley that he sits by and does nothing.
                          — Davis wouldn’t cut it in the USFL
                          — Morgan Fox is better than Joey Bosa
                          — Herbert has regressed to the level of Baker Mayfield
                          — I can punt better than J K Scott
                          — As much as I made fun of Glass Joe, without a WR to stretch the field, opposing defenses have it made. The Chargers will lose most if not all of their remaining games if nothing is done. A competent GM would have already addressed this realizing the new rookie has been invisible.
                          — Keenan Allen is the only star on this team
                          — Casual football fans were probably asking who the two kids were on the Chargers sidelines wearing headsets - is it take your kid to work day?

In short, this is a 4-win team at best barring some miracle.

Comment

Working...
                          X