• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

A majority of top starting LTs came from the first. OGs, C, RTs are found anywhere. Sorta. 2023 examples:

KC- LT Taylor D2 Jax- LG Thuney D3 NE- C Humphrey D2 KC- RG Smith D6 KC - RT Niang D3 KC

Bal- LT Stanley D1 Bal- LG Cleveland D3 Bal- C Linderbaum D1 Bal- RG Zeitler D1 Cin- RT Moses D3 Was.

With our current roster, C would be my top OL priority in the 2nd or 3rd

LAC- Salyer D!, Johnson D!, Bozeman D6 Bal, Salyer D6, Pipkins D3

I like playmaker early '24. We went OL in D1 2 outa last three. The worst thing about our 2023 OL was the coaching. That's definitely 180 changed.
    I don't think it matters what round a guy comes from. Can he execute what the OC and HC need...?
    Comparing draft rounds... makes one believe that Pipkins (3rd round) and Orlando Brown Jr (3rd round) are the same player.

Ultimately, we know the Chargers will become OL-Centric. They've told us over and over again.
    Is the current line-up that...? I'll leave that up to the coaching staff to evaluate.
    But if it ain't... that's where they will start. And no shiny-toy will distract them.
    Who knows which player they think is BPA. But I know they want to run the ball and protect the QB.
    If they agree that Nabors is #5 and Alt is #6... so be it.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I don't think it matters what round a guy comes from. Can he execute what the OC and HC need...?
      Comparing draft rounds... makes one believe that Pipkins (3rd round) and Orlando Brown Jr (3rd round) are the same player.

Ultimately, we know the Chargers will become OL-Centric. They've told us over and over again.
      Is the current line-up that...? I'll leave that up to the coaching staff to evaluate.
      But if it ain't... that's where they will start. And no shiny-toy will distract them.
      Who knows which player they think is BPA. But I know they want to run the ball and protect the QB.
      Yep watch tape on Christian Jones and Zak Zinter! Would be fine even if these were the only two Oline prospects we drafted!

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Thanks!

Harbaugh had chickens at his mansion in Michigan?

Those players sure love that guy. In fact, other than Richard Sherman, I had not heard one player yet who did not love the guy.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Thanks!

Those players sure love that guy. In fact, other than Richard Sherman, I had not heard one player yet who did not love the guy.

TG
          KA? LOL!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

LOL! There you go! Good OL come in every round.
            A lot of people believe LT etc has to be taken early. Not so, it improves the odds but it's always the individual player and team fit. So much for round bracketing.
            "BPA" for any given team in any given round is based on a lot of variables, not simply a consensus based on college tape.

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Thanks!

TG
              You're welcome buddy! He does have a way with his players.
              1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
              2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

No. I think they'll win 6 or 7 football games. 85% of the offensive touches have been run outta town & the guy coming in to run the offense got run outta town for not having a modern enough offense. Look how much better Baltimore was after he left. Playcallers never change their stripes. Harbaugh will probably get it done eventually but not until Roman is run outta town & replaced by a modern offensive playcaller.
                Didn’t Lamar win NFL MVP when he was OC? I don’t see any new hardware in their trophy case yet … looks like a wash to me so far, he was picked to be scapegoat because they can’t blame who’s really at fault = Lamar

jmo of course.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Lamar won an MVP under Roman because he ran for more yardage than most running backs In the few years after that teams started figuring out the Baltimore running game and Lamar started sucking as a passer so they ran Roman outta town and brought in Monken and all the sudden Lamar looks like a different qb, literally. Monken had him staying comfortably in the pocket and making solid reads.

Who’s our punter anyway? I hope his legs are well rested cuz he’s gonna wear that punting leg out once the season starts.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                    Lamar won an MVP under Roman because he ran for more yardage than most running backs In the few years after that teams started figuring out the Baltimore running game and Lamar started sucking as a passer so they ran Roman outta town and brought in Monken and all the sudden Lamar looks like a different qb, literally. Monken had him staying comfortably in the pocket and making solid reads.

Who’s our punter anyway? I hope his legs are well rested cuz he’s gonna wear that punting leg out once the season starts.
                    Scott. He held up well when we had lousy OL blocking and a very weak run game last year.
                    I have trouble trying to imagine why you would believe this year's offense will be weaker.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I dont know if this is new or what but im seeing it today very recently so thought id post it.

Rockford, Ted Lasso and Curb Your Enthusiasm are top 3. All great shows.

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Thanks!

TG
                        that is a positive sign in my book. Sherman is an a-hole.

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          I dont know if this is new or what but im seeing it today very recently so thought id post it.

Rockford, Ted Lasso and Curb Your Enthusiasm are top 3. All great shows.

HC living in an RV near the team facility for his first month or two on the job? that tends to scream "let's get on it" more than a bunch of rah rah talk. right on Harbaugh.

Roman flying the chargers flag on his RV. both of them sporting chargers gear. that is cool.

Comment

Working...
                          X