• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    Unverified, unvetted, unknown source ...

Not buying that and doesn't make sense. Injury prone, crap attitude. No thanks

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2024
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      You have ally in me with this take. I've been advocating for him too. A veteran, good route runner, knows how to get open, good hands, lots of experience, veteran presence in the WR room. Not a star, just a solid veteran who will improve the WR corps.
      I'm a fan of Boyd as well if they draft MHJ. If they draft Nabers I feel that a player like MVS makes more sense assuming QJ is still the Z.
      My other question on Boyd is how much it will costs? He turned down a 2-year $10 million dollar contract from the hometown team Steelers already.

I would like to circle back to FS Justin Simmons after the draft. He's a true Center Fielder who would allow Minter to use Gilman a little more creatively to his strengths.
      I like Boyd though, good Pro.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

I'm a fan of Boyd as well if they draft MHJ. If they draft Nabers I feel that a player like MVS makes more sense assuming QJ is still the Z.
        My other question on Boyd is how much it will costs? He turned down a 2-year $10 million dollar contract from the hometown team Steelers already.

I would like to circle back to FS Justin Simmons after the draft. He's a true Center Fielder who would allow Minter to use Gilman a little more creatively to his strengths.
        I like Boyd though, good Pro.
        My free agents post draft - probably starts with Simmons. Just have to see what the draft brings. Granted, all could change based on the draft. You just never know what player will be available that might not be a position expected to be drafted

For WR -- I think I probably prefer MVS over a guy like Boyd just from the speed factor

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Hortiz is waiting to see what other WRs are released after the draft. Plus, who knows what we do IN the draft ...
          Yes, agreed. But I think it's going to be a guy 'like' one of those three. I should have been less specific. We're not going to draft 3 WRs (I don't think) so we'll have to fill out the WR with another FA. Again, just my opinion.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2024
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My free agents post draft - probably starts with Simmons. Just have to see what the draft brings. Granted, all could change based on the draft. You just never know what player will be available that might not be a position expected to be drafted

For WR -- I think I probably prefer MVS over a guy like Boyd just from the speed factor
            Yes sir.
            Really like Justin Simmons:
            • Still good
            • True Center Field Safety
            • Knows the Division and more importantly has studied #15 for many years and will know some tells.
            • Revenge Factor
            I would look at MVS if we got Nabers because he could be that Field Stretching X. Poor man's Mike Will
            I would look at Boyd or Renfrow for that matter if we got MHJ. Those two are pure slot receiver's that would complement MHJ at X and QJ/Palmer at Z.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
              Let's do this!
              • Aug 2022
              • Raleigh N. Carolina
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

But... but... Harbaugh!

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2024
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Yes, agreed. But I think it's going to be a guy 'like' one of those three. I should have been less specific. We're not going to draft 3 WRs (I don't think) so we'll have to fill out the WR with another FA. Again, just my opinion.
                I think we're looking at WR1 at pick #5. Then a veteran to compliment the room after the draft or June 1 cuts. The veteran will be determined depending on the pick @ #5.
                After the Day One WR1 pick. I think they will focus on building some key defensive help but more importantly, Line depth on both sides.
                I'm also looking for multiple trade downs starting at #37 to acquire more mid-round capital and perhaps a 2025 mid-rounder to use as a trade chip to acquire a True CB1 via Trade.

For the CB1 trade market I'm looking at teams that may draft a CB early in this draft or may not want to pick up the 5th year club option. Some names to check in on:
                1. Jaycee Horn-Carolina
                2. Greg Newsome II- Cleveland
                3. Caleb Farley- Tennessee
                4. Eric Stokes- Green Bay
                5. AJ Terrell- Atlanta (If they draft a CB early) They have some larger contracts coming up in the next 2 years and paid Cousins alot. You may be able to poach Terrell if they need the money for roster balance.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

I think we're looking at WR1 at pick #5. Then a veteran to compliment the room after the draft or June 1 cuts. The veteran will be determined depending on the pick @ #5.
                  After the Day One WR1 pick. I think they will focus on building some key defensive help but more importantly, Line depth on both sides.
                  I'm also looking for multiple trade downs starting at #37 to acquire more mid-round capital and perhaps a 2025 mid-rounder to use as a trade chip to acquire a True CB1 via Trade.

For the CB1 trade market I'm looking at teams that may draft a CB early in this draft or may not want to pick up the 5th year club option. Some names to check in on:
                  1. Jaycee Horn-Carolina
                  2. Greg Newsome II- Cleveland
                  3. Caleb Farley- Tennessee
                  4. Eric Stokes- Green Bay
                  5. AJ Terrell- Atlanta (If they draft a CB early) They have some larger contracts coming up in the next 2 years and paid Cousins alot. You may be able to poach Terrell if they need the money for roster balance.
                  Matt “Money” Smith has some interesting thoughts on this today with Matt Harmon. It’s not on YouTube yet but it’s on the Chargers Podcast Network.
                  I’d give it a listen folks…

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I'm ok using a 3rd or 4th in a RB. Especially if we get a extra 3rd from trading down with AZ or NYG. I think we end up trading down than not but you never know.

They are better than the 5th round options. Davis and Lloyd likely 4ths as well and I'm not big on Lloyd. I know some like Vidal but I'm still not sold seeing him against Georgia St and Western Kentucky.

I think we will have a committy RB group if they stay healthy and if Dobbins gets hurt again then we don't have to use a Kelly type, though we'll see if Spiller makes the team if we draft Wright or Benson.
                    I agree with you, I prefer Wright to Benson even though Benson is most often rated higherr. . I'm not sold on Vidal tape either, his competition looks horrible. Jerry Rice 1 played against some bad teams too is senior year, he turned out to make the transition ok I guess.

Spiller is not a bet I'll make, appreciate those pulling for him and I'm not cutting him before camp but no - not a bet I'll make. I'll be delighted to see I'm wrong.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

yeah, I don't follow him weekly so I had to look him up. 20 games played in the last 3 seasons? its been 4 years since he put up some serious numbers. he had solid seasons up to that point. I dont know a lot about his attitude
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

“What I heard today from Hortiz is he isn’t looking for a nice trade. He’s looking for a haul. He wants the farm AND! the crops.”

-Dan Wolkenstein Chargers Unleashed Podcast

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                          “What I heard today from Hortiz is he isn’t looking for a nice trade. He’s looking for a haul. He wants the farm AND! the crops.”

-Dan Wolkenstein Chargers Unleashed Podcast
                          Hell yeah!!

Comment

Working...
                          X