Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Dobbins is meeting with the Chargers today

I doubt he gets a lot of money

As for the comp pick -- my guess Fulton will cross off Austin Johnson but maybe they sneak him in at like 2.5m

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

As for the comp pick -- my guess Fulton will cross off Austin Johnson but maybe they sneak him in at like 2.5m
        If I'm Trader Joe, I offer Dobbsie a team friendly base salary, but include some nice escalators for a certain # of games played, yardage gained, and playoffs played...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If I'm Trader Joe, I offer Dobbsie a team friendly base salary, but include some nice escalators for a certain # of games played, yardage gained, and playoffs played...
          I think that is how you have to set it up. coming off injuries two years in a row and keep it just under $2.8m

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Didn't Sebastian Joesph-Day get signed as FA, as well? Doesn't he count, too?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Didn't Sebastian Joesph-Day get signed as FA, as well? Doesn't he count, too?
              No, he was released last off-season so those players do not get comp picks

Mike Williams is not eligible either.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                Not a comp pick but we also get a late round pick next year for JC Jackson from the Pats.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

No, he was released last off-season so those players do not get comp picks

Mike Williams is not eligible either.
                  SJD was released during the season. Like Tillery before him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

SJD was released during the season. Like Tillery before him.
                    Yep - correct -- like week 13 or something

Giff and JoJo said "See ya!"

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Not a comp pick but we also get a late round pick next year for JC Jackson from the Pats.
                      The Chargers and patriots swapped picks for 2025 in the jc Jackson trade LA sent Jackson and 2025 7 in exchange for 2025 6, that gave the chargers their own 2025 6th plus the one from the patriots, if these comps hold up , the chargers will have four 6th round picks in 2025

they will also have three 7th rounders, two comps and the one the got for trading Hopkins
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

And here I thought I was deciding some shit on these here forums, LOL...gimme a fucking break, you know damn well that teams with more complete rosters are in better position to take the occasional gamble on guys like this and even then only in certain special situations...unfortunately that's not the dilemma that the Chargers currently find themselves in...Superstition? Fine by me, you go ahead and dismiss the injury history as a predictor of future issues as mere superstition
                        what break is it you want from me, you lost me.

i don't know damn well what the fuck you are talking about. a team with a loaded roster doesn't need to take a low cost questionable player, wtf for - where does he even fit on the team if they are so loaded?

Assuming he will be hurt in the future because he was hurt in the past is superstition, yeah. I'm not accepting or dismissing anything - I'm saying I'll let the pros determine if they should sign him. don't start getting all (... deleted - I apologize for being rude and impetuous. will try to do better)
                        Last edited by dmac_bolt; 03-28-2024, 02:51 PM.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

if this team was more complete than it is now, YES, in that situation you roll the dice, but with this roster in shambles and having already rolled the dice on Fulton, I don't think it's a good idea...
                          Joe and Jim will assess the situation and know what to do. Dobbins could provide sky-high upside at a cheap price (because of his injury history). He has been cleared for football and has been sprinting, apparently looking good. He could be an upgrade on Spiller and Dotson in the group. Now that room is bad.

Comment

Working...
                          X