Comment

• colorado
      Fan since '62
      • Jun 2023
      • Desert Rat
      • Nothing but time on my hands
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      It was time for a new ride and I needed one of these in my life. But I feel sorta dirty. Don't worry, there will be Chargers emblems on the back.
      If I wasn't on a fixed income I'd have one of those in my driveway as well. Dark blue metalic with red pearl. Sharp! Congrats Fleet...

cars were my life. They beat the hell out of me working on them. 47 years worth.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I hade the same issue with my Excursion except when I put it in the garage I could not open the door to the house LOL. Then when I lifted it and put bigger tires it would not fit height wise either. Had to park it in the driveway.
        Yeah, I can’t move now because most garages would be too small. The wife can’t understand why I think the garages are the best feature of the house. And she really thinks I’m nuts for buying this truck.

Comment

• SBbound
          Casual fanatic
          • Feb 2019
          • Merced/San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

There's something very satisfying about the older sports cars, without all of the over the top tech in the newer cars. This has all of the things you need to drive it hard and survive; Low CG, big (wide) tires, manual trans, ABS, basic traction control, air bags, but none of the over the top refinements incorporated into todays sportscars. It's a throwback car - designed to be hammered, not finessed, and it requires that you pay attention and actually f..king drive it . . . . . . . . . . . .

I think I've turned the radio on maybe 5 times (in 5 years) . . . . . . . . . . . It now has 27k on the clock - I'm planning on being buried in it . . . . . . . . .
          Could not agree more. My favorite car is a 20yr old gated manual, it's a very visceral drive. Drove it this morning, made me smile.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

Could not agree more. My favorite car is a 20yr old gated manual, it's a very visceral drive. Drove it this morning, made me smile.
            It's all about the smiles . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Yeah, I can’t move now because most garages would be too small. The wife can’t understand why I think the garages are the best feature of the house. And she really thinks I’m nuts for buying this truck.
              Some day you'll have to let the rest of us in on your secret . . . . . . . . . the Vette was a tough sell, but I had a couple of years to soften her up (gotta plan ahead). I honestly can't imagine what kind of rational I could give my wife that would make her not kill me on the spot if I came home with that truck . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and she let me buy a dirt bike for God's sake . . . . . . .

Garages, workshops, and barns ARE the best part of any house - I mean that's obvious, right?

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Some day you'll have to let the rest of us in on your secret . . . . . . . . . the Vette was a tough sell, but I had a couple of years to soften her up (gotta plan ahead). I honestly can't imagine what kind of rational I could give my wife that would make her not kill me on the spot if I came home with that truck . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and she let me buy a dirt bike for God's sake . . . . . . .

Garages, workshops, and barns ARE the best part of any house - I mean that's obvious, right?
                I ordered it 4 years ago so I too had time to “soften her up”, but as it turns out she never thought I would actually buy it. She finally warmed to it when the two grandsons saw it two weeks ago and now think she’s a rockstar.

On the flip side, she was driving it to get groceries yesterday and a guy in a F150 rolled his window down and shouted angrily, “what the f’k is that lady?”, which upset her.

I said, you should have stomped the accelerator and gone 0-60 in 4 seconds and shown him WTF it is. 😉

It’s definitely….polarizing.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

It's all about the smiles . . . . . . . . .
                  I NEVER drive with any radio/music. (unless I'm on a road trip). I love hearing the sounds of going through the gears and building up RPM. Very soothing.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

I think I've turned the radio on maybe 5 times (in 5 years) . . . . . . . . . . . It now has 27k on the clock - I'm planning on being buried in it . . . . . . . . .
                    Exactly! My MX-5 is a 2018, with 36K miles. I've only put 300 miles on the radio!

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Anybody have one of these? Ran into one in the wild for the first time - yesterday across the street from me. I thought they were all sold with the stainless steel finish. It is massive. They weigh almost 7,000 lbs fully loaded, 2-1/2 times my Prius.

429880009_7948636561832252_7480256698369669605_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=yPZLaevO6dMAX_6vAM3&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-1.fna&oh=00_AfAMmtPeV50uppbo5voVYF_vjU39xe9duvrS05LR-MkMbw&oe=65F13DCE.jpg

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Exactly! My MX-5 is a 2018, with 36K miles. I've only put 300 miles on the radio!
                        The Miata is a great car for San Diego, where the temperature is pretty much the same year-round. I used to love driving top-down roadsters: MGs, Triumphs and a Sunbeam Alpine. I had a 1st gen Miata in the early 2000s and had a great time driving it up and down Hwys 1 and 49. Now the closest I come to top down is opening the roof on my Prius, which is more sports-car-like than previous generations and has good road manners.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Miata is a great car for San Diego, where the temperature is pretty much the same year-round. I used to love driving top-down roadsters: MGs, Triumphs and a Sunbeam Alpine. I had a 1st gen Miata in the early 2000s and had a great time driving it up and down Hwys 1 and 49. Now the closest I come to top down is opening the roof on my Prius, which is more sports-car-like than previous generations and has good road manners.
                          The MX-5/Miata is absolutely EVERYthing that those early 60's Triumphs, and Sunbeams, and Austin Healys, and MGs were trying to be, but with actual reliable electrical systems and all of these advantages of being built by a major manufacturer. Mazda did it right with this car in just about every way possible.

And I have had too many skin cancers on my hairline to do any daytime driving with the top down anymore.

Comment

Working...
                          X