How Do We Fix the Deficiency at Receiver?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Only hope is to get a superstar in the draft. Otherwise trade Bosa for Aiyuk.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Yes. Boyd or maybe OBJ. The rest of the FA are really limited: too old, slot guys, speed guys or smurfs.
      I think besides DB -- can almost wait to see what the draft brings for WR. Unless for the vet minimum type signing. As like you said, its a mixed bag of old, slot and what not

Renfrow if he were healthy might have appeal as a chains mover

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Don't forget RB.
        MH2/Nabers 1st round
        Brooks/ Benson 2nd round (We could go another way here) TE Sanders/ McConkey receiver?
        Wright/ Allen RB? Or go another way depending who we draft in the second
        4th round best third down back available or TE

As you can see we need to replace some players lost to FA or Cut... KA/Williams/Eckler/Everett

I'm not Biased here for offensive playmakers...LOL!
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          Only hope is to get a superstar in the draft. Otherwise trade Bosa for Aiyuk.
          and what draft pick are you adding to the trade for the Niners to accept it

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

and what draft pick are you adding to the trade for the Niners to accept it
            None. Straight up. They get the Bosa bros. and aren't likely to extend Aiyuk at this point. I'd take Deebo instead if Aiyuk. I'd take Juaun Jennings if they throw in Kittle. SF has lots of skill guys

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Geez, dont know why we needed a thread on this. Lets not panic about something that isnt that hard to "fix".

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                The draft and FA.
                Thats all that needs to be said on this. Not a big problem.

OC isnt a high priority anymore but we will draft one later.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

None. Straight up. They get the Bosa bros. and aren't likely to extend Aiyuk at this point. I'd take Deebo instead if Aiyuk. I'd take Juaun Jennings if they throw in Kittle. SF has lots of skill guys
                  Nope - never straight up. Bosa doesn't have that kind of trade value and Aiyuk is a stud -. Aiyuk will get more than Ridley got - something 100/4

As for Aiyuk - he is there best skill player moving forward , along with McCaffrey probably- they would get rid of Deebo over Aiyuk

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I agree. It would be nice to acquire a TE with Andrews' pass catching prowess. But probably not a good fit. I brought it up because Hortiz knows Andrews well.
                    Not sure why the Ravens would move on from him and believe it or not, Andrews is 247 lbs and nobody ever questions his weight as a TE.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      WTS I'm going to be stubborn and stick to what my amateur eyes see and I think Bowers is still a better overall weapon and fit for us even at 5.
                      it's getting awfully lonesome here but he's too versatile, too high a floor and ceiling to pass up for me.
                      We agree on this. To me Bowers is the type of player that steps in and accounts for 60+ receptions right away. But not only that, his zone crushing presence over the middle will open up so much for this offense as he has to always be accounted for. Not only that but he is a solid run blocker (something we desperately need off the edge) and the dude has elite YAC skills, just get him the ball and watch him move chains. The dude played at the highest collegiate level and was almost always the best player on the field.

I get the appeal of these elite WRs, I really do. But on a team with next to NO weapons on offense, to me it makes most sense to go with the guy that brings the most options to the offense as a whole. I don't think we're going to have a trade partner, I think Min trades with AZ and a Raider trade is moot. So, while Bowers would have been incredible at 11, I think we just go ahead and grab him with the 5 and don't look back.

Great thread by the way.
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Nope - never straight up. Bosa doesn't have that kind of trade value and Aiyuk is a stud -. Aiyuk will get more than Ridley got - something 100/4

As for Aiyuk - he is there best skill player moving forward , along with McCaffrey probably- they would get rid of Deebo over Aiyuk
                        I dont know about that.
                        Deebo is their do it all. Still like a #1 reciever but also has 160 rushes to Aiyuks 13. Both are valuable. We'll see if they pay Aiyuk but i doubt we are trading for him with his 14.1 cap hit and having to resign him. ...or you waste your high pick trading for him.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-20-2024, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Jim Harbaugh is ‘in good spot’ to scout Chargers’ next WRs | Pro Football Talk | NFL on NBC

Comment

Working...
                          X