How Do We Fix the Deficiency at Receiver?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

8 days !

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Obviously Harbaugh/Roman/Hortiz don't feel that way.
      Balanced offense and a strong defense are the way to go with this new regime.

I dont know where we draft a WR but we will draft one rounds 1 thru 4.

Pretty sure you know not what they feel. Not like Balt has never drafted a first round WR. We'll see.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yeah, ah no...I don't think Justin feels that way at all...I think he would like 3 Keenans or 3 Mike Williams...

Bullshit, Justin just wants to win, I guarantee he gives two shits about stats or receivers that are going to call him out like diggs did Allen in Buffalo…I don’t gamble but I’d feel really good about putting down a wager that coach harbaugh feels the same too…

herbo only cares about being the first ever charger QB to lead the bolts to a championship…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2024
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Bullshit on that bolded part, the team doesn't need a top 10 receiver or even a top 15 receiver, what Justin needs is 4 josh palmers and 1-2 speed guys, and all can run decent routes and hold onto the ball without expecting or demanding stats, blue collar type players over prima donna trash please...there are ton of big name prima donna has beens out there on the street right now, why is that? because they can't play anymore? I think teams are realizing from watching the chiefs and the patriots before them that you don't need a top WR types to win a Super Bowl...you need a balanced team with a couple of solid receivers, a decent run game, and most important a top 10-15 overall defense that is at least in the top five in scoring defense...
          I won't argue with your opinion on this because I've learned that there is very little chance of changing one's mind.
          I do find the bolded parts wording to be very interesting, however. It's interesting you have this preconceived notion of what a Prima Donna is and a type. Neither one of these 3 receivers are Prima Donna's if you actually took the time to scout them and research them for who they are. You may have your preference and you are entitled to it, but to slander these 3 WR's because you have pre-conceived notions about them doesn't make it right. All three of these guys are open to doing the dirty work to help a team win.
          I will prove your pre-conceived bias by using your own example: Let's take the Chiefs and Patriots. Did these teams not have Prima Donna's as you described playing the TE position? By your definition, they absolutely did. You also haven't watched much of Kelce or followed his work but as talented as he is, he's an arrogant, self-centered piece of work who got in Andy Reid's face in the playoffs because he wasn't getting the ball enough. Any player at any position could be a Prima Donna, so let's not stereotype one position or one particular type of player. Thanks

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Bullshit on that bolded part, the team doesn't need a top 10 receiver or even a top 15 receiver, what Justin needs is 4 josh palmers and 1-2 speed guys, and all can run decent routes and hold onto the ball without expecting or demanding stats, blue collar type players over prima donna trash please...there are ton of big name prima donna has beens out there on the street right now, why is that? because they can't play anymore? I think teams are realizing from watching the chiefs and the patriots before them that you don't need a top WR types to win a Super Bowl...you need a balanced team with a couple of solid receivers, a decent run game, and most important a top 10-15 overall defense that is at least in the top five in scoring defense...
            Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post
            I won't argue with your opinion on this because I've learned that there is very little chance of changing one's mind.
            I do find the bolded parts wording to be very interesting, however. It's interesting you have this preconceived notion of what a Prima Donna is and a type. Neither one of these 3 receivers are Prima Donna's if you actually took the time to scout them and research them for who they are. You may have your preference and you are entitled to it, but to slander these 3 WR's because you have pre-conceived notions about them doesn't make it right. All three of these guys are open to doing the dirty work to help a team win.
            I will prove your pre-conceived bias by using your own example: Let's take the Chiefs and Patriots. Did these teams not have Prima Donna's as you described playing the TE position? By your definition, they absolutely did. You also haven't watched much of Kelce or followed his work but as talented as he is, he's an arrogant, self-centered piece of work who got in Andy Reid's face in the playoffs because he wasn't getting the ball enough. Any player at any position could be a Prima Donna, so let's not stereotype one position or one particular type of player. Thanks
            I want an MHJ-type to lead the WR corps, with sold players like Palmer to fill out the position group. Brock Bowers could serve in that lead role as well. Probably Nabers and Odunze as well. However, the Packers WR corps is built along the lines that Fouts2herbert suggests. Four solid WRs without any of them being a super star. It works for Jordan Love.

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2024
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I want an MHJ-type to lead the WR corps, with sold players like Palmer to fill out the position group. Brock Bowers could serve in that lead role as well. Probably Nabers and Odunze as well. However, the Packers WR corps is built along the lines that Fouts2herbert suggests. Four solid WRs without any of them being a super star. It works for Jordan Love.
              I understand what you are saying but that's not necessarily true when it comes to the Packers or Chiefs for that matter. Here's why: The Packers have been choosing WR's in the 2nd round for the last two draft cycles not because they don't value the position but because they have been picking in the mid to late 20's where the Elite Blue Chip WR's are not as easy to obtain and they have been focused on replenishing the other Premium Positions (QB/Edge/CB1). Since the 2018 draft they have went:

1.18 CB Jaire Alexander
              1.12 Edge Rashan Gary
              1.26 QB Jordan Love
              1.29 CB Eric Stokes
              1.22 Edge Quan Walker
              1.28 DT Devonte Wyatt
              1.13 Edge Lukas Van Ness

They have concentrated on replenishing Premium Positions on their Defense because that was more pressing, and they didn't have an opportunity to get a Premium Elite WR1.
              That's the difference. They still have drafted the Premium Positions of (QB/WR1/Edge/LT/CB1/)

The Chiefs have done the same thing trying to fill the WR position with 2nd rounders because they again haven't been picking in the Top-10.

The Chargers are in a more unique position than these two franchises and thus we can't compare Apples to Oranges in this case.
              The Chargers have Premium Talent at all the listed Premium Positions except for Two (WR1/CB1) Of those Two they are in position to fill one of those at #5 guaranteed. If there was a Surtain/Stingly Jr./Sauce in this draft then the discussion would include CB1 as well but there isn't that type of talent worthy of pick #5.

So if, the anti-WR crowd who continues to talk Chiefs can honestly convince the group that if the Chiefs had this year's pick #5 that they wouldn't select one of these WR's then I'll listen but the Chiefs already answered that question when they traded Sneed for a 2025 3rd in order to spend some of that money on Hollywood Brown trying to find that secondary speed playmaker because Skyy Moore hasn't panned out.

Fouts2Herbert coincidently in spite of the name, doesn't want to add any of these receiver's nor does he care if they just add some undrafted "JAG's". He said as much in other posts that Herbert doesn't care who he's throwing to. (In His Opinion of Course).

Trust me when I say the Team doesn't share his sentiments on that subject.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Giants' WR Darius Slayton is boycotting voluntary workouts because he wants a new deal. He has been the only consistent WR the Giants have had since OBJ. He has sub 4.4 speed. Not a star, but solid, and experienced, if that is the type of WR corps they are looking to build. He just turned 27. Here are his career stats and his current contract info.

Checkout the latest stats for Darius Slayton. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

Darius Slayton contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont know where we draft a WR but we will draft one rounds 1 thru 4.

Pretty sure you know not what they feel. Not like Balt has never drafted a first round WR. We'll see.
                  It's not like w3 haven't drafted 2 WR's in the 1st round.
                  One was jusy cut... the other everyone wants to cut...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

It's not like w3 haven't drafted 2 WR's in the 1st round.
                    One was jusy cut... the other everyone wants to cut...
                    this is news to me...
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Watching highlights of JJ McCarthy and one thing stands out - Roman Wilson.

There's so much talk about the WR talent at the top of the draft, let's not forget the best WR of last year's draft was a 5th rounder, who set rookie records for receptions and receiving yardage. Will MHJ, Nabers or Odunze top Nacua's numbers as rookies?

Wilson is 6-footish, 190 lbs or thereabouts, ran a 4.39 40 at the Combine. Wilson gets open against teams like Alabama and Ohio State and has good hands. PFF rates him the #42 overall. If H & H do accept a mega offer to trade down, they could probably snag Wilson at #37.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

We fix the deficiency by drafting MHJr when he falls into our laps after AZ trades out of the #4 spot!

ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                          We fix the deficiency by drafting MHJr when he falls into our laps after AZ trades out of the #4 spot!
                          for what its worth, pretty much all the mock draft currently have MHJr going to Arizona,
                          and the Chargers trading back.

Comment

Working...
                          X