• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Quinyon Mitchell has been shooting up draft boards. I don't know about "elite" but he's well thought of.
    Oh yeah there are solid potential starters etc...no Jalen Ramsey screamers though. But that doesnt mean anything really. My point is we dont have to reach for a CB just because its a need. I still tend to think this season will be a "Do the best you can with what you got" sort of thing. Players in 2025.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Was on DJ's top 50 in 2020. Not that he is always accurate.

Screen Shot 2024-03-22 at 9.01.07 AM.png

Comment

• Nuclear Chicken
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2023
        • Send PM

I dont care about anything about the past , Im a TRUE FAN ounce you are not on my team anymore YOU ARE THE ENEMY!, JUSY HOW I ROLL,,, High priced loosers need to be cut! this team didnt win with them,,, now lets see what happends. Ive been a fan since Dan Fouts ERA and Ive had enough !!! Bring the change !!! it cant get any worse then what I have seen since FOREVER !!!!! GET YOUR POPCORN READY ,,,,, HERE WE GOOOOO

Comment

• northerner
          Charger fan since '79
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Nuclear Chicken View Post
          I dont care about anything about the past , Im a TRUE FAN ounce you are not on my team anymore YOU ARE THE ENEMY!, JUSY HOW I ROLL,,, High priced loosers need to be cut! this team didnt win with them,,, now lets see what happends. Ive been a fan since Dan Fouts ERA and Ive had enough !!! Bring the change !!! it cant get any worse then what I have seen since FOREVER !!!!! GET YOUR POPCORN READY ,,,,, HERE WE GOOOOO
          welcome to the club chicken. i started off with Fouts as well.

you might want to check out the goodbye Keenan thread, just kidding.

Comment

• Nuclear Chicken
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

welcome to the club chicken. i started off with Fouts as well.

you might want to check out the goodbye Keenan thread, just kidding.
            When you are not on my team anymore ,,,, you are the enemy ,,, Im not loyal to those rich players at all and they are not loyal 2 me I like it like that !!! Chargers have been loosers all my life and I just want to win a superbowl be4 I die ? I am 54 years old and been waiting since I was 8 years old

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Oh yeah there are solid potential starters etc...no Jalen Ramsey screamers though. But that doesnt mean anything really. My point is we dont have to reach for a CB just because its a need. I still tend to think this season will be a "Do the best you can with what you got" sort of thing. Players in 2025.
              I see the Harbaugh/Hortiz strategy now. They needed cap space. So they jettisoned two of the team’s most expensive players. Now they can incrementally fill roster holes with FA signings like this. They don’t have to rely on the draft to fill holes, which leads to reaches and wasted picks. With a draft so deep at WR, they can use their picks to replace the playmakers they jettisoned with younger, faster, cheaper playmakers.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I see the Harbaugh/Hortiz strategy now. They needed cap space. So they jettisoned two of the team’s most expensive players. Now they can incrementally fill roster holes with FA signings like this. They don’t have to rely on the draft to fill holes, which leads to reaches and wasted picks. With a draft so deep at WR, they can use their picks to replace the playmakers they jettisoned with younger, faster, cheaper playmakers.
                Its quite a change from the 'all-in' of the previous front-office regime ... which did not work. Hortiz values flexibility. This new CB fills a necessary role, if he steps up, better to sign now than in panic after the draft, but I expect that they are far from done with the CBs.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                  *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

One of few majors problems with TT was a gap in talent, when starters went down (and that happened every single year) there were no players that could step up (no veteran depth, no rookie development).

Now we will be able (in case of injuries) to implement rule "next man standing".

That is a massive shift in roster building philosophy.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Its quite a change from the 'all-in' of the previous front-office regime ... which did not work. Hortiz values flexibility. This new CB fills a necessary role, if he steps up, better to sign now than in panic after the draft, but I expect that they are far from done with the CBs.
                    That "all in" panic mode of TT is also similar to what AJ Smith did before he left...high-priced FA signings, extending current players to pricey multi-year deals, and it all blew up in the end...they both panicked...just like those people during Covid that panicked and thought the world was coming to an end, so they went nuts and stocked up on toilet paper...call it the "TT TP Syndrome"...
                    Last edited by Topcat; 03-22-2024, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

This is all predicated on the hope that these depth guys can stay healthy.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                        One of few majors problems with TT was a gap in talent, when starters went down (and that happened every single year) there were no players that could step up (no veteran depth, no rookie development).

Now we will be able (in case of injuries) to implement rule "next man standing".

That is a massive shift in roster building philosophy.
                        ^ This...Trader Joe has said a LOT about building DEPTH...and QUALITY DEPTH...TT's backup plan for Lindsley was Clapp...epic fail...TT's backup plan at defensive back was signing dumpster dive specials...ANOTHER EPIC FAIL...

Comment

• Highboltage
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Hopefully the injuries are some Ben Herbert can help with.

Comment

Working...
                          X