• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

In 10 years did he sign more than 4 FAs in mid-season? Seems every year folks are screaming at TPB for him to do something and he never does. Idunno … I only like discussing TT for the humor now. There ‘s no intellectually interesting purpose.
    Now that TT is with the Raiduhs, I'm sure we'll see plenty of comedy material coming from him for the next few years...

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Not necessarily for a run-first team. We’ll see.
      Even for a run first team that RB room is sad.

Its fine for Hortiz to call Gus a "bell cow back but he has never been that. He is a strict 2 down committee back with no worth as a pass catching back. The other RBs on the posted roster suck, with no additions. Edwards, Spiller, Dotson would likley be the worst RB room in the league. The poster had Palmer, QJ, Davis, Fehoko as our WRS. That would be the worst WR room in the NFL.

As I said the worst skill poitions in the NFL. I get that Harbaugh builds the foundation and some trenchers here are in heaven but lets not be ridiculous. Every team in today's NFL needs some talent at the skill positions.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Its fine for Hortiz to call Gus a "bell cow back but he has never been that. He is a strict 2 down committee back with no worth as a pass catching back. The other RBs on the posted roster suck, with no additions. Edwards, Spiller, Dotson would likley be the worst RB room in the league. The poster had Palmer, QJ, Davis, Fehoko as our WRS. That would be the worst WR room in the NFL.

As I said the worst skill poitions in the NFL. I get that Harbaugh builds the foundation and some trenchers here are in heaven but lets not be ridiculous. Every team in today's NFL needs some talent at the skill positions.
        They're going to get a premium RB in the draft. 2nd, 3rd, 4th round. Then they will add another FA RB after the draft. Kareem Hunt, Matthew Breida, someone like that.

Comment

• Go Chargers go
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Now that TT is with the Raiduhs, I'm sure we'll see plenty of comedy material coming from him for the next few years...
          Chargers paid him to learn on the job, now TT has to prove himself….im sure he played the Spanos family card

Comment

• Go Chargers go
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2023
            • Send PM

We get injury prone player and Titain get KC best CB. Crazy

Comment

• ChargerBooster
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Regardless, I’d bet that Kristian Fulton turns out better for us than J.C. Jackson did.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

It’s mid March, the RB room will be just fine by the start of the season.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerBooster View Post
                  Regardless, I’d bet that Kristian Fulton turns out better for us than J.C. Jackson did.
                  the lowest of low bars.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Sure, at a glance.

As someone pointed out, it’s March, and we have the draft coming. RB will surely be a pick, as well as OL: with new scheme + Dissly, run game will be fine.

And when we go two TEs, which will likely be a lot of the time, means only two WRs out there, playing against a DB backfield cheating up to stop the run. Palmer’s not a bad receiver against that, and when schemed right (ask Harbaugh what he thinks of the guy who shredded his Wolverines), QJ can also be a plus weapon. But neither of those two, nor Gus, will be alone in the rotations, expect talented rookies to join them - this draft is deep at both spots (and, am I the only one imagining Spiller bursting through gapping Harbaugh holes the new Oline will be creating? I think both he and QJ have a renaissance coming..).

JH2 are creating a team around Herbert the likes we haven’t seen. Not all the prices are in place yet, but damn we’re nearly there and this draft is gonna be exciting. Even if it’s beef high and gazelles with the lower picks, totally fine with that cuz mid to late round skill picks are looking fantastic (Rice’s kid? Yeah, draft that guy day three!).

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

They're going to get a premium RB in the draft. 2nd, 3rd, 4th round. Then they will add another FA RB after the draft. Kareem Hunt, Matthew Breida, someone like that.
                      Yes I certainly hope so. I was referring to a roster posted in this thread that someone called a "full line up"

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Yes I certainly hope so. I was referring to a roster posted in this thread that someone called a "full line up"
                        Jeez, I would take this team now over last year’s. HC inclusive.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

As I said the worst skill poitions in the NFL. I get that Harbaugh builds the foundation and some trenchers here are in heaven but let’s it not be ridiculous. Every team in today's NFL needs some talent at the skill positions.
                          As it stands, you are right about the RB room. Last year’s room was not much better, if it was better at all…..Ekeler, Kelly, Spiller, Dotson. The version of Ekeler we got last year was a wash with Edwards. Kelly was a wasted roster spot. The other two, who never played, are still in the room

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X