• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

To be fair, swap RBs with last year's offensive lines and coaching staffs between the Ravens and Chargers and I am confident Ekeler's numbers would have been much better and Edwards worse.
    Mmm, little bit maybe. Ekeler looked so bad last year, gift him a big hole and sure he’d run through it like anybody. But he was no where near his top-shelf self.

Or halfway through the hole he’d stop and pontificate about how RBs are undervalued and he should be getting more…I’m gonna go out on a short limb and predict he has a very abbreviated season.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Mmm, little bit maybe. Ekeler looked so bad last year, gift him a big hole and sure he’d run through it like anybody. But he was no where near his top-shelf self.

Or halfway through the hole he’d stop and pontificate about how RBs are undervalued and he should be getting more…I’m gonna go out on a short limb and predict he has a very abbreviated season.
      Don't get me wrong about Ekeler. I loved him in his time here up until he started whining about money. It was time to move on and we'll see how much gas he has left in the tank.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I wrote this elsewhere, for sure Edwards has had HUGE holes to run through. But watching Ekeler last season, there were times when there were holes and he misread them and ran into someone's back. This is on top of him fumbling at a fairly high rate, dropping passes he should catch easily, and running what appeared to be a 4.8 40 when he did see green grass. I know he had the ankle and I will give him that excuse on his speed, but the rest of it is all on him and it is all mental I think

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Something that needs to be taken into account with every Free agent that signs here is that they understand to some degree what Jim is about and what he's trying to accomplish

We're going to be the toughest most physical team in football.
          So Gus signed up to be the toughest rb
          Fulton, despite his injury history signed up to tackle.
          Dissly, Hurst etc
          Even Bosa and Mack

Tough guys only.
          I really wish Ekeler had more tred (less carries) because imo he also has the right stuff mentally, at least pre-contract dispute.

WTS, players can easily become disgruntled when they don't believe in the vision or direction from the HC.

Prime Eke woulda should coulda been great in Roman's O
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Don't get me wrong about Ekeler. I loved him in his time here up until he started whining about money. It was time to move on and we'll see how much gas he has left in the tank.
            Same here. Chargers gave him incentives to make more money. He should have put his energy to meet those instead.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Fulton had a 46.4 grade last year

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                Fulton had a 46.4 grade last year
                He battled hammy and groin problems last year before ending up on IR. He was a better player than he showed last year - when healthy.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Where is all this power Spiller has?

What I have seen over 2 years is a RB that averages 2.5 yards a carry
                  I’ve seen nothing in the carries he has gotten either. If he had showed more, he would have gotten more carries. It was not a deep RB room that he was buried at the bottom of.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

See post #64
                    I looked at post #64, I didnt see any power there?

The one hope for Spiller is that he was just not ready for NFL and lost all sense of basic RB priority to make a decision and just fucking GO. He’s ran tentative, hesitant and weak into the line almost every carry. no burst and no power. If he could solve that hesitancy, show vision to hit holes hard, maybe he has more than we’ve seen. But lets be honest, we have not seen it yet.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

The one hope for Spiller is that he was just not ready for NFL and lost all sense of basic RB priority to make a decision and just fucking GO. He’s ran tentative, hesitant and weak into the line almost every carry. no burst and no power. If he could solve that hesitancy, show vision to hit holes hard, maybe he has more than we’ve seen. But lets be honest, we have not seen it yet.
                      Another try ...

IDK but maybe. I wonder about Spiller also. '23 was a garbage dump at OL with Moore OC, Clapp at C.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Pretty sure the design of the O last year required RBs to hit holes that simply weren’t there. Like “Go left, there will be a hole there cuz blockers.” What a joke.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Well, I think this may be Spiller's last chance to get with it, or Harbo will most probably not hesitate to find an upgrade...no time for mediocrity here...we're rollin' to the playoffs, baby!

Comment

Working...
                          X