• Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Young was pretty decent as a rookie. Maybe Fisher can't developer players. He drafted Tavon Austin like 8th overall and he has done next to nothing AND some dumbass gave him a big extension.....for little production. Not sure who is calling those shots but Fisher has to have some inout.

Goff hasn't looked good and imo could be the bust of the QB class. Did Kroenke shove those two on Fisher? Barksdale used to play for Fisher. Is their OL better since be left? I doubt Gurley thinks so.
    Fisher is just an overrated head coach. His record is 173-165-1 and hasn't turned the Rams around at all. I don't recall how good the Titans/ Oilers were before he got there but they stunk when he left.
    Young had $1M talent and .50cent head, not to mention he was made of glass. Thats on Fisher? MehCoy gets a pass for all the injuries, but no one else does. Again, a double standard is held up just because you like the opinion expressed.
    sigpic

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
      C'mon man. That wasn't even close to a dirty play so to say Gates was targeted is complete BS. Gates slipped and hadn't been touched down, but was trying to get up. The defensive player rushed over and made sure that didn't happen. It was a clean football play during the playoffs when emotions are high and shit happens in this game. Your accusation is a reach at best. My God you guys act like a HC is God to these players and they'll do whatever he commands.
      Just can't agree with that. He was on his knees falling back, a hand to the shoulder would have been enough to kill the play, instead, Finnegan et al decided to rock him in a defenseless position. Dirty as sin. And yes, I think the coaches allowed/encouraged them to be that kind of dirty (take out a guy in a defenseless position.) Anybody but the Fisher's Titans would have just touched him.

As for self righteous Merriman. He was own worst enemy and had he scheduled surgery right away, like he should have, and rehabbed properly instead of trying to play through it (and probably making it worse) his career might have been more legitimate. Maybe he was targeted maybe he wasn't, but I don't think anyone was trying to end his career. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...an-accusations

Finnegan was a dirty player no doubt. Haynesworth was just a shitty person like Burfect. I guess Fisher is responsible for that. Burfect and Pacman are both dirty players, so I guess Marvin Lewis is a dirty Coach who coached them up that way.

I knew this was a unpopular opinion, but I didn't think so many would have such double standards. I'd take Fisher over our last 2 coaches and I'd consider him as the future HC considering the usual Spanii limitations. Thats it. Didn't say he was Lombardi or a future HOF'er, just someone who would change the status quo in Charger Park.
      I do think Merriman was targeted and that in itself can potentially end a career. In fact, I have very, very little doubt about that. That has nothing to do with Merriman's self rightousness, etc. Targeting a player is horseshit and that makes Fisher a piece of shit, IMO. And yes, Finnegan was a dirty player. So of course, he became one of Fisher's first signings in his complete and utter failure with the Rams.

I don't disagree that Fisher may be considered, Spanos is a fucking idiot, so nothing is out of the question. I think it would be a failure that would make the Norval experiment remembered fondly. Wouldn't like the man even if he won us a Super Bowl. Wouldn't hate him as much though, but still wouldn't like him.

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Kroenke fires Fisher.
        Spanos hires Fisher.
        Chargers move to LA.

Fisher parks in Kroenke's parking space.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

C'mon man. That wasn't even close to a dirty play so to say Gates was targeted is complete BS. Gates slipped and hadn't been touched down, but was trying to get up. The defensive player rushed over and made sure that didn't happen. It was a clean football play during the playoffs when emotions are high and shit happens in this game. Your accusation is a reach at best. My God you guys act like a HC is God to these players and they'll do whatever he commands.

As for self righteous Merriman. He was own worst enemy and had he scheduled surgery right away, like he should have, and rehabbed properly instead of trying to play through it (and probably making it worse) his career might have been more legitimate. Maybe he was targeted maybe he wasn't, but I don't think anyone was trying to end his career. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...an-accusations

Finnegan was a dirty player no doubt. Haynesworth was just a shitty person like Burfect. I guess Fisher is responsible for that. Burfect and Pacman are both dirty players, so I guess Marvin Lewis is a dirty Coach who coached them up that way.

I knew this was a unpopular opinion, but I didn't think so many would have such double standards. I'd take Fisher over our last 2 coaches and I'd consider him as the future HC considering the usual Spanii limitations. Thats it. Didn't say he was Lombardi or a future HOF'er, just someone who would change the status quo in Charger Park.
          Thing is, I just don't agree that he would. I think he is just not that great of a HC. Overrated.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-14-2016, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• X-man
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Fisher doesn't deserve another head coaching gig if you ask me...and despite Merriman being busted for performance enhancers...he did not deserve that chicken shit call that the two bastard olineman did on him.

If they're going for retread coaches...id rather steal Wade Phillips back and give him a very solid supporting cast similar to what Marty had when he took the Chargers to the 14-2 season. Not only will Phillips likely get the most out this young and up coming defense...but it would be a huge hit for Denver. Depending on where we finish the season record wise (and where we end up draft pick wise,) and depending on what the QB hungry teams in front of us may or may not do...we might not have a chance for Myles Garrett...but maybe there's a small chance for Jonathan Allen. Despite the Chargers needs at safety and other areas...if Allen is there for the Chargers to take...would you pass him up?

Comment

• Maverick
              (Coryellian)
              • Jun 2013
              • Point Loma
              • Send PM

Ahh...I see someone's feelings got hurt over my critique of Rivers recently. Did you see last week's game Mav?
              No hurt feelings...just didn't like your condescending & know-it-all tone.

I could ask you the same question---did YOU watch last week's game? Evidently not very closely if you're still trying to make PR the scapegoat.

Then again, you're pining for Fisher to be our next HC....which pretty much tells me all I need to know.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                Kroenke fires Fisher.
                Spanos hires Fisher.
                Chargers move to LA.

Fisher parks in Kroenke's parking space.
                That was awesome! Made my night.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                  No hurt feelings...just didn't like your condescending & know-it-all tone.

I could ask you the same question---did YOU watch last week's game? Evidently not very closely if you're still trying to make PR the scapegoat.

Then again, you're pining for Fisher to be our next HC....which pretty much tells me all I need to know.
                  Pining? Not at all. Just said he should be considered.

I know PR is your boy and he's on pace to break his career high in picks. He's been forcing the ball to Gates in the redzone and he's been making poor decisions at critical moments. He admits as much in his own post game pressers. That's not scapegoating, its reality. One you don't wanna see. You threw the WHOLE TEAM under the buss to cover for PR. That was disingenuous and reminded me of the way poor loser Saban is. Fact is, I could've critiqued Rivers in the nicest way possible and you would have taken it as condescending. I see that now.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Maverick
                    (Coryellian)
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Point Loma
                    • Send PM

Pining? Not at all. Just said he should be considered.

I know PR is your boy and he's on pace to break his career high in picks. He's been forcing the ball to Gates in the redzone and he's been making poor decisions at critical moments. He admits as much in his own post game pressers. That's not scapegoating, its reality. One you don't wanna see. You threw the WHOLE TEAM under the buss to cover for PR. That was disingenuous and reminded me of the way poor loser Saban is. Fact is, I could've critiqued Rivers in the nicest way possible and you would have taken it as condescending. I see that now.
                    Where did I bash the WHOLE TEAM? Never said one word about the defense...or the RBs.

But, have you seen the way our OL "protects" our franchise QB?
                    And, have you really paid attention to how inconsistent our WRs are with regard to route running & fighting for the ball? They & the TEs have shown flashes, but there have been many catchable balls dropped & picks off of lackadaisical effort at very inopportune times this season.
                    Have we truly made any astute halftime coaching adjustments?
                    THESE are my beefs with the team.

Hell man, I'm not saying PR is perfect...he's not. But he's definitely not even close to the main reason we're in the mess we're in, either.
                    In my opinion, he appears to be the only one out there on the offense showing any kind of leadership to speak of.
                    It needs to be more than PR putting out that kind of effort. More guys need to step up.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Just say no to drugs. And Fisher.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

I would have to think any coach that is still getting paid by his old employer would be on the list, as well as a younger coordinator who hasn't been HC before is the chargers breadbasket.

I doubt they look at Fisher. Rex is probably out in Buffalo too, but I don't like him either. Would Cleveland show Hue Jackson the door after 1 season? Marvin Lewis might be on a hot seat too.

John Fox I could get behind.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Just read a stat - Jeff Fisher is tied with Dan Reeves for the coaches with the most losses in NFL history with 165. Pass.

Comment

Working...
                          X