• Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
    You are what your record says you are. If you're going to make excuses for Jeff Fisher, then you should be able to give McCoy another shot. McCoy has been dealt a bad hand with all the injuries of the past two years.
    Or I can hold on to the pipedream that is Cowher or Gruden. Or I can settle for an unknown like Shotty or the Rats kid.

I never said the Bolts should hire Fisher, just that he should be on the list of candidates. He's at least worthy of an interview. Apparently that's important because that's how MehCoy got the job. I also mentioned Tom Cable in another thread, but evidently most here are looking for cheap, football genius alter boy that's destined for Sainthood.
    sigpic

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
      What difference does it make whether Merriman was the only one roided up? And if Fisher and his DC are consistently targeting players why is that Merriman is the ONLY ONE that's been put out of the game? Really, how can anyone believe anything from that self promoting, self obsessed cheater? Bounty-gate and targeting players is something that happens every Sunday in the NFL, but I highly doubt anyone out there (outside of Vontaze Burfect) is intentionally trying to end careers. You guys want another Meh coach that's just a Spanii puppet and will maintain the same soft as hell approach? I want someone that will come in and turn the culture around. It took a hardnosed disciplinarian like Marty to do just that last time, he just couldn't finish. Its gonna take hardnosed "a-hole" to do it again, IMO.
      Lol, interesting because you want a Meh coach. That's what Fisher is. Six winning seasons out of 22. No winning seasons with the Rams. Aside from he went to a SB one time, I don't know what interests you in him at all. Why don't we just get Bobby Ross back if you want a coach that went to a SB. Jeff Fisher is a POS loser coach.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-14-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

If we're going down the road of retread defensive minded coaches with past super bowl appearances then I'd rather go with John Fox after the Bears fire him.

Comment

• Maverick
          (Coryellian)
          • Jun 2013
          • Point Loma
          • Send PM

At least this is a valid argument. And a good point.

At the end of Fisher's tenure in Tenn. the Titan owner, Bud Adams, drafted and forced Vince Young on Fisher. He never wanted the guy, but he gave him a fair shot. Long story short, Fisher was right and Vince Young was a bust. That set him and the team back for many years. As Charger fans we are all too familiar with a situation like that. With the Rams he really never really had the talent or the QB, and their not so smooth transition has been a huge distraction. Although the situation here in SD is very similar to the Rams I think we have a better, younger core of players, plus the addition of a franchise type QB which Fisher hasn't had since McNair. IMO, he can do mare with what we have here than he could with the mess up in LA.
          That's some Sabanesque 7-9 bullshizzle right there......

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Aint gonna be no defense minded coach around heah'
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• FiftyFive
              Dean Spanos is a traitor!
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Oh please...that whole dirty coach myth is just a knee jerk reaction by guys that got all butt hurt by the perceived intentional injurying of a player who was roided up anyway.
              It's not a myth. If it was just all about one player getting taken out, why did he look the other way in Tennessee when Cortland Finnegan was cheapshotting people left and right, and why did he make sure to take Finnegan with him to St. Louis? Why did he hire Gregg "Bountygate" Williams of all people as his defensive coordinator? Why did his teams in Tennessee, St. Louis and LA rack up penalties at a dizzying pace?

Of course, we know full well it wasn't just Merriman that Fisher targeted. It was Antonio Gates, too. And Rodney Harrison at the end of the regular season in 2006. And Teddy Bridgewater last year. And Andre Gurode, whom Albert Haynesworth infamously kicked in the face, etc., etc.

He's a defensive minded coach who has never been the offensive play caller or the offensive architect. You made up 99% of this post just because you don't like the guy...which comes as no surprise.
              He literally meddled in the offense as the head coach and forced an outdated system regardless of who was calling the plays:

I haven't made anything up. You are just clearly unaware of how bad Fisher really is as a coach.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
                If we're going down the road of retread defensive minded coaches with past super bowl appearances then I'd rather go with John Fox after the Bears fire him.
                Now that's a viable option. At least you offered up an alternative.
                sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
                  It's not a myth. If it was just all about one player getting taken out, why did he look the other way in Tennessee when Cortland Finnegan was cheapshotting people left and right, and why did he make sure to take Finnegan with him to St. Louis? Why did he hire Gregg "Bountygate" Williams of all people as his defensive coordinator? Why did his teams in Tennessee, St. Louis and LA rack up penalties at a dizzying pace?

Of course, we know full well it wasn't just Merriman that Fisher targeted. It was Antonio Gates, too. And Rodney Harrison at the end of the regular season in 2006. And Teddy Bridgewater last year. And Andre Gurode, whom Albert Haynesworth infamously kicked in the face, etc., etc.

He literally meddled in the offense as the head coach and forced an outdated system regardless of who was calling the plays:

I haven't made anything up. You are just clearly unaware of how bad Fisher really is as a coach.
                  You need to read that again...slowly. So, he's had some dirty players, I don't deny that. Are you saying he coached them to be dirty? Gates was targeted? That was just good football. Nothing dirty about it. Ingram and Addia have been called dirty, does that make MehCoy dirty? Haynesworth was dirty when he went to Washington, I guess Fisher was calling that in.

If you don't like Fisher that's fine, but don't come at me with BS based on opinion and assumptions.
                  sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                    That's some Sabanesque 7-9 bullshizzle right there......
                    Ahh...I see someone's feelings got hurt over my critique of Rivers recently. Did you see last week's game Mav?
                    sigpic

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

What difference does it make whether Merriman was the only one roided up? And if Fisher and his DC are consistently targeting players why is that Merriman is the ONLY ONE that's been put out of the game? Really, how can anyone believe anything from that self promoting, self obsessed cheater? Bounty-gate and targeting players is something that happens every Sunday in the NFL, but I highly doubt anyone out there (outside of Vontaze Burfect) is intentionally trying to end careers. You guys want another Meh coach that's just a Spanii puppet and will maintain the same soft as hell approach? I want someone that will come in and turn the culture around. It took a hardnosed disciplinarian like Marty to do just that last time, he just couldn't finish. Its gonna take hardnosed "a-hole" to do it again, IMO.
                      Its not just Merriman. He's also the guy whose team targeted Antonio Gates, another roider, in the playoff game and hit him when he was on his knee and caused the plantar. He's a complete piece of shit and deserving of a throat stomp the same way his NT throat stomped an opponent. Where you shocked that the first job the suspended Gregg Williams got coming back was with that pos? And it was their second go round. He coached Cortland Finnigan, that alone should tell you everything.

“He was voted the league’s dirtiest player, so you’ve got to give it up for him,” Finnegan said, per Terry McCormick of Titan Insider. “I’m number [six] right now, but I’m aspiring to one day hopefully be No. 1. So, I appreciate it.”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Young was pretty decent as a rookie. Maybe Fisher can't developer players. He drafted Tavon Austin like 8th overall and he has done next to nothing AND some dumbass gave him a big extension.....for little production. Not sure who is calling those shots but Fisher has to have some inout.

Goff hasn't looked good and imo could be the bust of the QB class. Did Kroenke shove those two on Fisher? Barksdale used to play for Fisher. Is their OL better since be left? I doubt Gurley thinks so.
                        Fisher is just an overrated head coach. His record is 173-165-1 and hasn't turned the Rams around at all. I don't recall how good the Titans/ Oilers were before he got there but they stunk when he left.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-14-2016, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                          Its not just Merriman. He's also the guy whose team targeted Antonio Gates, another roider, in the playoff game and hit him when he was on his knee and caused the plantar. He's a complete piece of shit and deserving of a throat stomp the same way his NT throat stomped an opponent. Where you shocked that the first job the suspended Gregg Williams got coming back was with that pos? And it was their second go round. He coached Cortland Finnigan, that alone should tell you everything.

“He was voted the league’s dirtiest player, so you’ve got to give it up for him,” Finnegan said, per Terry McCormick of Titan Insider. “I’m number [six] right now, but I’m aspiring to one day hopefully be No. 1. So, I appreciate it.”
                          C'mon man. That wasn't even close to a dirty play so to say Gates was targeted is complete BS. Gates slipped and hadn't been touched down, but was trying to get up. The defensive player rushed over and made sure that didn't happen. It was a clean football play during the playoffs when emotions are high and shit happens in this game. Your accusation is a reach at best. My God you guys act like a HC is God to these players and they'll do whatever he commands.

As for self righteous Merriman. He was own worst enemy and had he scheduled surgery right away, like he should have, and rehabbed properly instead of trying to play through it (and probably making it worse) his career might have been more legitimate. Maybe he was targeted maybe he wasn't, but I don't think anyone was trying to end his career. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...an-accusations

Finnegan was a dirty player no doubt. Haynesworth was just a shitty person like Burfect. I guess Fisher is responsible for that. Burfect and Pacman are both dirty players, so I guess Marvin Lewis is a dirty Coach who coached them up that way.

I knew this was a unpopular opinion, but I didn't think so many would have such double standards. I'd take Fisher over our last 2 coaches and I'd consider him as the future HC considering the usual Spanii limitations. Thats it. Didn't say he was Lombardi or a future HOF'er, just someone who would change the status quo in Charger Park.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X