• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    I think it's clear Dunlap is a less than stellar run blocker, that's exactly the type of plays he will allow on occasion. We have to take the good with the bad at this point since we have no other choice. In that regard, Matthews needs to wrap up better ESPECIALLY in the Red Zone. It was inexcusable in that situation. It was a contributing factor though, I saw it as well.
    Yup. Mathews needs to hold onto the ball and there is no excuse for losing it again in the redzone.

But it was a poor effort by Dunlap.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Grinners
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

and with the 32nd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the San Diego Chargers pick, XXXXXXXXX, Running Back, XXXXXXX University........

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
        and with the 32nd pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the San Diego Chargers pick, XXXXXXXXX, Running Back, XXXXXXX University........
        Fuck that. Maybe in the 2nd round. I'm over spending top picks on RB's. So many busts.

Comment

• Charged up
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
          Yes, I am done with Ryan Mathews. Was that confusing to you?
          LMAO! :biggrin:

Yeah actually. What does that even mean? You're done with him? Ummm ok. So you don't watch when he runs? still lmao.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Mathews is exactly where Knowshit Moreno was a couple years ago- and McCoy turned him around. Give it a chance to work.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The funny thing is that when so many on here were high on him in preseason it was me that pointed out that praise would cease as soon as he did something wrong or got injured. I suppose that we don't need him now and can just figure on throwing it 45-50 times a game from now on since Rivers has been fixed.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                The funny thing is that when so many on here were high on him in preseason it was me that pointed out that praise would cease as soon as he did something wrong or got injured. I suppose that we don't need him now and can just figure on throwing it 45-50 times a game from now on since Rivers has been fixed.
                Jesus get over yourself. He looked solid in the preseason, but he also fumbled. You aren't all knowing, nor did you point out anything that wasn't already common knowledge.

Comment

• LV Bolt Fan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

3 of his career fumbles have been in the red zone. How many of those, cost the Chargers the game?

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                    Jesus get over yourself. He looked solid in the preseason, but he also fumbled. You aren't all knowing, nor did you point out anything that wasn't already common knowledge.
                    I didn't claim to be all knowing, just that fans tend to be fickle and that Mathews was just one screwup or injury from going from the penthouse to the outhouse.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Im still praising him because hes running well. He looks good. Im just tired of his fumbles. Ive been vocal against it and im pissed he did it again today. Then to blame anyone other than Mathews was way out there imo. RBs fumble all the time because someone missed a block and they got hit. Its part of being a RB. You have to assume your getting hit at all times and protect the ball. Dosnt matter if he wasnt holding the ball like a loaf of bread or not he just dosnt do a very good job of protecting the ball. Sure Dunlop fucked up also but in the end the RB needs to protect the ball like its his child. Its the 2nd critical redzone fumble this year. I understand that one game was pre-season but still its not a good sign. Maybe we should give him the rock between the 20s and go with Brown in the redzone. Ive been pounding Mathews for a couple years but nobody supported him more and portrayed more hope for him than me coming into the season. Sometimes you just have to accept things and get behind your players even-though your critical of them. I still have hope that he can help this team. But he and Rivers have a knack for making some critical TOs. And i dont blame anyone other than themselves. And im a Rivers fan.

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Im still praising him because hes running well. He looks good. Im just tired of his fumbles. Ive been vocal against it and im pissed he did it again today. Then to blame anyone other than Mathews was way out there imo. RBs fumble all the time because someone missed a block and they got hit. Its part of being a RB. You have to assume your getting hit at all times and protect the ball. Dosnt matter if he wasnt holding the ball like a loaf of bread or not he just dosnt do a very good job of protecting the ball. Sure Dunlop fucked up also but in the end the RB needs to protect the ball like its his child. Its the 2nd critical redzone fumble this year. I understand that one game was pre-season but still its not a good sign. Maybe we should give him the rock between the 20s and go with Brown in the redzone. Ive been pounding Mathews for a couple years but nobody supported him more and portrayed more hope for him than me coming into the season. Sometimes you just have to accept things and get behind your players even-though your critical of them. I still have hope that he can help this team. But he and Rivers have a knack for making some critical TOs. And i dont blame anyone other than themselves. And im a Rivers fan.
                        I didn't blame Dunlap as so much as I was pointing out that I didn't think Mathews expected contact from that guy. It just looked to me like the OLB was out of the picture quickly for Mathews and I think he just didn't figure on and contact from that side. People have complained long and hard that Mathews holds the ball away from his body but on that play he had it in against his body. To me about the only thing he could have done to cover the ball more is to have put it in his gut and covered it with two hands like he was running straight into the defense. To me it is normal to see a RB carry the ball in the arm opposite where pressure is coming from.

Comment

On any goal line run, the RB should be covering the ball with both arms. On that one, Mathews was carrying in his left arm only. He fucked up again.

Comment

Working...
                          X