I think we can be major players in the division (conference?) as early as next year

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

THIS YEAR. Lack of talent meets excellent coaching. Team has bought in, and getting more consistent as the year progresses.

Or it could all fall apart - who knows?

Hey who said it takes years to rebuild an OL? This is the third time since 1993 that the OL has been rebuilt in one offseason to become really good. (SB year 1993, 2004, and this year).
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
      THIS YEAR. Lack of talent meets excellent coaching. Team has bought in, and getting more consistent as the year progresses.

Or it could all fall apart - who knows?

Hey who said it takes years to rebuild an OL? This is the third time since 1993 that the OL has been rebuilt in one offseason to become really good. (SB year 1993, 2004, and this year).
      A better way to put it IMO is lack of experience. We have quite a few high draft picks playing for us. We don't have an overwhelming talent pool as depth, but I always felt there was talent that we just had no clue what we had in them since they hadn't played.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I dunno what to expect this season with the games coming up, this team is keeping all of us on our toes. But agree about next season - get guys healthy, another good draft, yeah I see playoffs.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

As long as we can keep sustaining our offensive success, this team can win ANY game. I will say injuries will play a role in the matter. I don't think we can actually sustain any more skill player injuries on offense and actually expect to keep the same efficiency.

Comment

• ICE
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

As long as the OL keeps Rivers upright this team has as good a chance as any. This team is all about Rivers and the OL....and if Matthews continues to ascend this team can really do some damage by controlling the clock and keeping the bolts below avg D on the sidelines rested. I still think the bad luck with injuries and lack of depth will unfortunately continue this year and the team will finish around 500. Obviously hope I am wrong but this team has the worst luck the past few seasons with injuries etc. Next season with and easier schedule (presumably) and another strong TT draft sprinkled in with a couple of solid vet FA's and sure next year could be completely different.
            Some people say the Bolts shouldn't even be in the playoffs....

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I agree, this team can make a significant jump next year. Lots of young guys getting some pretty significant time, adding essentially two first rounders (Ingram + the pick) and the rest of another draft class all helps. Depends a ton on Rivers staying healthy as well as getting some skill guys back (or new skill guys), which, hopefully, isn't asking to much.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

By the way, I still believe Rivers takes this team to a Super Bowl victory.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                  By the way, I still believe Rivers takes this team to a Super Bowl victory.
                  No point being a Charger fan if you don't. This season in particular though, he has never looked better.

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2013
                    • Send PM

I don't see why next year we can't expect to compete for the division title next year.

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                      I am still thinking Division title this year.

We control our own destiny vs Denver as of now (2 games back and we play them twice)

With KC we are 3 back and only have one game to make up if we can beat them.
                      I'm with you.

I think the Chargers can beat KC and while I won't say I think they can beat Denver, if the offense is on, they'll keep Peyton off the field and that's what you have to do to beat them. The problem with the Broncos are they're just so much more talented right now but the Chargers are Peyton's kryptonite so it should be interesting!

Comment

• JunkBoy
                        iMike Join Date 08/01/01
                        • Jun 2013
                        • San Diego
                        • Medical
                        • Send PM

Get into the playoffs this year and I'll put my money on PR! 1st thing 1st they gotta win against the skins!

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                          I'm with you.

I think the Chargers can beat KC and while I won't say I think they can beat Denver, if the offense is on, they'll keep Peyton off the field and that's what you have to do to beat them. The problem with the Broncos are they're just so much more talented right now but the Chargers are Peyton's kryptonite so it should be interesting!
                          I may be in the minority, but I think we pose more of a problem for Denver than KC. Denver is all about scoring points and can't stop an opponent offense for shit. If we play keep away from them as had been our MO this year, we can take them. (Of course, they could do the same to us.) Against KC's D, I doubt we'll have too many 10-minute drives, which means we would be playing into their strength rather than ours. In a close low-scoring defensive game, anything can happen, but they'll have more possessions for Charles or Smith to best us.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X