• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

On Te'o I was behind the pick and I've been kind of trying to give him time but I'm really now starting to wonder. I feel like we should be seeing a little flash here or there but we don't. Most of the time I notice him he's getting engulfed by blockers. Maybe the injury is still lingering. But I'd like to see more assertive play out of him than what I am seeing so far. I know it's still early, but I'm not getting a good vibe.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      On Te'o I was behind the pick and I've been kind of trying to give him time but I'm really now starting to wonder. I feel like we should be seeing a little flash here or there but we don't. Most of the time I notice him he's getting engulfed by blockers. Maybe the injury is still lingering. But I'd like to see more assertive play out of him than what I am seeing so far. I know it's still early, but I'm not getting a good vibe.
      Ditto. His strength is supposed to be his smarts and instincts but he seems to react so slow to everything. Maybe it's just going to take experience but I'm not feeling it either.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

I'm not seeing enough from Te'o as of yet to think he'll be anything more than just a situational linebacker. He doesn't have the speed or strength to shed interior lineman's initial contacts. Maybe as he gains experience he'll learn to position himself where he can.
        Did anyone notice that after Guy had blocked a field goal and blocked the pass that was intercepted by Lissemore, he was standing right next to McCoy, on the sideline, when Lieuget blocked the second field goal? The dude gets our first blocked field goal in 175 games and he finds himself standing next the HC on the very next attempt? I found that odd.
        I missed the last 5 minutes of the game but read about it. Sounds like McCoy( and Whisenhunt) made some really controversial calls. Any explanation why McLain wasn't on the field? What other reason is he even on the team for? He's too high priced to be a special teamer.
        Did Woodhead actually hit the pylon? Hate to think we got screwed yet again.
        Bummer of a loss.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          Maybe it is that you just don't like the fact that we were right?
          You are no more right after a lost than the hopeless optimists who think we can compete deep into the playoffs are right after a win! Yet after a game, inevitably one side or the other comes out chest thumping. Does this mean that the only way the 8-8 crowd can be correct is if we end each game in a tie? But the I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to see such faulty reasoning and over-reacting on an internet forum.

Extremism in any guise is rarely correct. The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. The wins so far have demonstrated that the team does have talent and ability; the losses, that the team still is a work in progress. I believe so far, statistically and in terms of win-loss record, we are trending towards a result that will show the objective middle-of-the-roaders to be correct. We will finish at or 1-2 games on either side of .500. I suppose with a few lucky breaks, and only because there are only 5 playoff worthy teams in the conference, we might have a shot at the 6th seed, but that won't make us a good team. And likewise, with a few unlucky breaks, we could instead finish 6-10 and have a top-10 pick, but that is just as unlikely as 10-6.
          Adipose

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            You are no more right after a lost than the hopeless optimists who think we can compete deep into the playoffs are right after a win! Yet after a game, inevitably one side or the other comes out chest thumping. Does this mean that the only way the 8-8 crowd can be correct is if we end each game in a tie? But the I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to see such faulty reasoning and over-reacting on an internet forum.

Extremism in any guise is rarely correct. The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. The wins so far have demonstrated that the team does have talent and ability; the losses, that the team still is a work in progress. I believe so far, statistically and in terms of win-loss record, we are trending towards a result that will show the objective middle-of-the-roaders to be correct. We will finish at or 1-2 games on either side of .500. I suppose with a few lucky breaks, and only because there are only 5 playoff worthy teams in the conference, we might have a shot at the 6th seed, but that won't make us a good team. And likewise, with a few unlucky breaks, we could instead finish 6-10 and have a top-10 pick, but that is just as unlikely as 10-6.
            Don't try to interject logic into an internet forum.

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Great thread title and great post MGB. Interesting how one of the boards most notorious over reactors is so grounded. I hope its contagious.
              sigpic

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

I think the rants are ridiculous every time we lose....of course we didnt do something well to lose. We are a team in transition....this is NOT a loaded Superbowl quality team guys. Give it a fuckin rest....are we full of teenagers here...that was my 17 year olds response..."season is over!"

Personally I figured it would be a tough game in a hostile crowd. Redskins had played some tough games this year and lost by similar mistakes like we've made. Never was a gimme game....our D will never make ANY game a gimme game fellas.

Playcalling is tough....we had limited time at the end of the 4th quarter albeit 2 time outs. We HAD to use one for a FG. I was ok with 1 run and more passing as it gave more plays to try. I would have tried to spread it out more but frankly the Redskins made a good defensive stop on those plays...IT WAS NOT ALL ON US. Takes 2 to tango.

Our Defense frankly just showed us WHY we arent really a Superbowl ready team...we don't have a strength on that side of the ball yet. Top 2 pass rushers on IR essentially and a total transition of the DBs this year. We need a few players there admitedly....but did anyone REALLY expect us to be top 20 material after dismantling our Defensive backfield?

So take a chill pill folks....enjoy the games for what they are...we WILL be underdogs. I'd love to be in the playoffs too but it was an outside chance without KC totally outperforming in their weak schedule. Believe it or not our loss was not the end all loss....the AFC is still wide open for the last spot IMO. However, we really need to split with KC and Denver to have a realistic hope to get in or some serious luck.

Frankly i was impressed we came back 10 points to tie it up....showed some guts. Yah we failed in OT due to D. I kind of question the rule if a TD is scored its over....if you intend to really give both teams a fair shot give them both a chance no matter if a FG or a TD....but it is what it is.....our Defense just made too many mistakes to recover. Well played Washington.

RTPbolt

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                  Great thread title and great post MGB. Interesting how one of the boards most notorious over reactors is so grounded. I hope its contagious.
                  I ribbed him every once in awhile but had no real problem with his posts because he never made it personal or even took the backlash personally.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Apparently "McCoy is not the guy" after 8 games.

I guess we can add Te'o to that list.

8 game audition, everyone.

Tough loss to swallow, but I still stand by my assertion that this team will take a significant leap forward next year. I still very much like the direction we are taking. Hopefully McCoy learns from some of the questionable playcalling issues; don't see why a young guy like him wouldn't.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      Apparently "McCoy is not the guy" after 8 games.

I guess we can add Te'o to that list.

8 game audition, everyone.

Tough loss to swallow, but I still stand by my assertion that this team will take a significant leap forward next year. I still very much like the direction we are taking. Hopefully McCoy learns from some of the questionable playcalling issues; don't see why a young guy like him wouldn't.
                      His post game presser didnt sound like a guy that has learned anything. Hope its all show and he really feels like an idiot today.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
                        His post game presser didnt sound like a guy that has learned anything. Hope its all show and he really feels like an idiot today.
                        We are never gonna get anything out of him in his pressers. He's not Rex Ryan and I'm completely fine with that. You have to also give him credit for not really ever throwing anyone under the bus and taking responsibility for their play. He's just never gonna give out anything that we as fans want to hear. Coaches have been doing this for decades.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                          We are never gonna get anything out of him in his pressers. He's not Rex Ryan and I'm completely fine with that. You have to also give him credit for not really ever throwing anyone under the bus and taking responsibility for their play. He's just never gonna give out anything that we as fans want to hear. Coaches have been doing this for decades.
                          Bingo.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X