• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    I'd say Woodhead. Even at his age he hasn't been a featured RB and hasn't had a large workload before the Chargers. And I like what I've seen of Keiser so far.
    Keiser I'd probably give to you but not Woodhead. He isn't that young and he was productive in NE (not a "scrap") even though they had two other guys that were very similar (at least in the passing game) to him on the roster.

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      Take the blinders off and you might notice them.
      No blinders on at all. Can't see what isn't there. To me TT has been in the average range when you look at the players he has brought in. I sure haven't seen anything to say he excels at finding talent that other GMs don't see.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
        Keiser I'd probably give to you but not Woodhead. He isn't that young and he was productive in NE (not a "scrap") even though they had two other guys that were very similar (at least in the passing game) to him on the roster.
        He's young in terms of wear and tear compared to other RBs. He was barely used his first 2 seasons. And the next 3 seasons he was more of a situational player. He is seeing a lot more touches now than ever before. But it's not like he is a 28 year old RB that's carried the ball 250 times a season
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Even San Diego residents that didn't go to the game didn't want to watch it at home:

@sdutPosner: SD rating for #Chargers-Denver came in at 26.5. Nothing special considering opponent & fact Bolts averaged 30-plus ratings from 2009-11
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            He's young in terms of wear and tear compared to other RBs. He was barely used his first 2 seasons. And the next 3 seasons he was more of a situational player. He is seeing a lot more touches now than ever before. But it's not like he is a 28 year old RB that's carried the ball 250 times a season
            I am taking into consideration that he hasn't been used a lot though he wasn't actually a bench warmer the previous 3 years in NE. Still he ain't young for a RB and when a RB starts to lose it it goes fast. I do think that he is being overused in the running game with us, at the expense of Mathews. When you look at his rushing stats over the last 4 years you will see his ypc average drops each year (and that was on progressively fewer carries in NE). This year he projects out to 105 carries and 94 receptions which would be by far his most touches for a single year and that doesn't take into account how many times he is asked to stay back and block.

Comment

• noes:

Comment

Working...
              X