Lol. I guess he's needed more at OG??

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

A torn ACL in training camp two years ago put Forrest Lamp's rookie campaign to an end before he was even able to take a professional snap. Now, Lamp is one of the most highly anticipated players entering the 2019 season, eager to show he's able to perform at a high level like in college.

Los Angeles will be giving Lamp every opportunity to win a starting job this season. Many fans are hoping that he cracks the starting lineup going into this upcoming and for NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah, he would be surprised if isn't starting.

Lamp made the majority of his collegiate starts at left tackle, but it appears that he will be kicked inside to compete at guard with Dan Feeney and Michael Schofield, like most anticipated when he was drafted. In training camp, he'll split reps with the ones and with the twos.

If Lamp is healthy, then he shouldn't have an issue of garnering a starting spot, knowing that Feeney or Schofield aren't premiere players at their position and don't necessarily have a locked in starter inside. EmailSign up Like this article?

Sign up for the Chargers Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

Feeney was one of the bigger problems up front last year. He finished with a below average grade of 45.5, according to Pro Football Focus. Schofield fared fairly well in 2018, but Lamp is more superior and would still be an upgrade.

With the mystery surrounding left tackle Russell Okung and his undisclosed injury, there's also a chance of him earning a starting spot as a tackle. If Okung misses a significant amount of time, Lamp would likely fill in at right tackle, assuming that they slide Sam Tevi over to the left side.

The bottom line is that this will be the most monitored positional battles throughout training camp and the preseason. Nothing is set in stone for Lamp, but there's a very strong chance that fans will get to see him Week 1 when the Chargers take on the Colts with a strong showing the next two months.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

relax people. we signed Brant Weiss

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              relax people. we signed Brant Weiss
              Line 'em up.
              Knee deep...
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Yes.
                And a good one.
                Blocked Bama all day long.

Taking a break from
                The Institute of Snarkiness ?

:lol:
                I just re-watched that game. There is no reason why he shouldn't be a quality starter. Two things i noticed this time:

1. That was Darone Payne having all types of difficulties shedding his blocks
                2. He spots blitzers in the B-gap, from the tackle position, when assigned the edge rusher: who does that? These people might as well be invisible to Feeney.
                3. He passes people off really well: Schofield & Tevi too often look like the Key-stone Cops trying to do that.

This guy can start at right tackle, right guard, left guard: it's impossible too imagine Feeney, Schofield, & Tevi beating this guy out if he's healthy. This guy was stone-walling Payne, Allen & Williams - 3 legitimate NFL starters with different skill sets.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I just re-watched that game. There is no reason why he shouldn't be a quality starter. Two things i noticed this time:

1. That was Darone Payne having all types of difficulties shedding his blocks
                  2. He spots blitzers in the B-gap, from the tackle position, when assigned the edge rusher: who does that? These people might as well be invisible to Feeney.
                  3. He passes people off really well: Schofield & Tevi too often look like the Key-stone Cops trying to do that.

This guy can start at right tackle, right guard, left guard: it's impossible too imagine Feeney, Schofield, & Tevi beating this guy out if he's healthy. This guy was stone-walling Payne, Allen & Williams - 3 legitimate NFL starters with different skill sets.
                  Thanks for the report pbb !
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Big Dog
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Everyone says he is not tall enough and his arms are too short, but I would think Lamp could be a RT for sure and even a LT and succeed if given a chance ...

I'm concerned the coaches don't like him for some reason, i'm Just not buying the chemistry bullshit they were shelling out last year ...

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
                      Everyone says he is not tall enough and his arms are too short, but I would think Lamp could be a RT for sure and even a LT and succeed if given a chance ...

I'm concerned the coaches don't like him for some reason, i'm Just not buying the chemistry bullshit they were shelling out last year ...
                      This and this.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

It is my opinion that Lamp was a healthy scratch because they DO like him. He wasn't cleared to practice until @ the bye week, meanwhile the offense was humming along & doing very well indeed. The OL showed signs of wearing down on Dec 22. Following that they had solid games at Den and Bal before being mauled by NE It was a very good offensive season for LAC. Inserting a rookie who had very limited practice might have worked but I suspect would not have overcome our defensive weakness that was exposed Bal @ LAC & LAC @ NE.

This year they have a fully healthy stud OL in Lamp & a full training camp- preseason to let him earn his slot and prepare for the grind.....
                        And a considerably improved defensive roster and punter.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

I don't know what they think. It would be odd if they declared him the starting right guard/right tackle/left tackle right now: he hasn't played a down, it would be a slap in the face of Schofield/Feeney/Tevi, & they really do want competition. Perhaps, they really don't know where they want to place him, and they don't want to commit so early.

Comment

Working...
                          X