• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Elway could never win a SB till he got Terrell Davis. Just saying, good rbs bring value over average rbs.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      Elway could never win a SB till he got Terrell Davis. Just saying, good rbs bring value over average rbs.
      Your points are solid.
      Planning department must get this just right.
      We are going to need room to sign a bunch of defenders,
      and Olinemen, too.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        I dont think anyone is suggesting we dont use a good RB. lol Im saying if we let Gordon walk to keep players at other positions use a high pick on a RB. And im predicting a massive group of studs next year.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          I dont know. If you are drafting top 3 that is a franchise player you draft. Trade out of the pick if hes a one contract player for your team. Unless hes a bust. Bosa is dominant. Hes just been banged up. Im not even sweating his foot. Its not like he is trying to get moved like some seem to think Ramsey is.
          Did not think when Bosa came back last season he suddenly made the D better - James did that. But Gordon definitely makes the O better. We would miss Bosa less IMHO.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Did not think when Bosa came back last season he suddenly made the D better - James did that. But Gordon definitely makes the O better. We would miss Bosa less IMHO.
            To each their own. I think teams really force our interior to step up and they simply are not that good. I think Tillery in theory will free up some space for Bosa. He missed 9 games with a foot. And coming back from that particular injury isnt easy.

2018) 314 snaps and 6.5 sacks

2017) 850 snaps 12.5 sacks

I mean the math in sacks alone suggests he was on pace for a good amount of sacks. If hes not hurt 9 games and then needing more time to get up to speed he could have put up 18 sacks if he approached the same 2017 snap totals.

Then you factor in his PFF run grades? Hes pretty dominant.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Last year, with Bosa out, the pass rush was nowhere near as good as it had been the year before. It was still OK, but not nearly the same level of dominance. Guys like Rochelle and Nwosu added to the pass rush, giving us some depth. That was key to beating teams like SF and Baltimore. We need pass rushers coming hard all game long, and we need guys to mix in with Ingram and Bosa to do that. Now, we need to take the next step and add the inside rush. Tillery is a big part of that, but so are Nwosu and Rochelle.

The timing is pretty good too in terms of developing quality depth, since 2021 both Ingram and Bosa will both be FA.

As far as the RB goes, the key thing is can you add a quality RB without adding a 1st round pick? Clearly, the answer is yes. Terrell Davis was a 6th round pick. Plenty of other top RB are not top draft picks. Also, the idea of having 1 good RB is over, you need several good RB. Maybe one of them will lead the team, and be the clear #1 guy, but you HAVE to have depth, or you are sunk when the RB gets hurt. And the RB will get hurt at some point.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I get the numbers. But watching Bosa in those games, he was not all that and actually benefitted from what others were doing IMHO. If he's worth top money, he needs to show he can be consistently dominant. The way Gordon showed me last season he could be in the O (and I've been super critical of him in years past, but he made me a believer last season especially late).

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

We could have signed Kareem Hunt and avoided all this sturm and drang

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

As far as Hayward, I am not sure it is him losing a step necessarily. He is still an elite zone CB. But think about that. Zone CB........ Are we overpaying him? I kinda think we are. Usually, a top CB is a guy getting near top dollar because of their man to man skills. Hayward can play some off man, and is pretty good at that. But come playoff time, if you want to shut down the other team, and make it impossible to score, you need to play press man to man coverage. We tried some of that vs NE and they killed us.

If we are going to stick to man off and zone coverages, where you don't need the elite guys who can press, and then run like a deer to prevent from being burned, we have Michael Davis and Trevor Williams. Not that they are anywhere near elite players. Both have had their struggles and keep getting better. If we can sign them to decent, but not elite deals, then we have 2 good CB and can save some cap space for other positions. They might also develop and become the man to man, coverage guys that Hayward will never be.

This will be a very interesting season at so many positions.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      We could have signed Kareem Hunt and avoided all this sturm and drang
                      Until he kicks another woman this year.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Until he kicks another woman this year.
                        he's not a serial kicker.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          I get the numbers. But watching Bosa in those games, he was not all that and actually benefitted from what others were doing IMHO. If he's worth top money, he needs to show he can be consistently dominant. The way Gordon showed me last season he could be in the O (and I've been super critical of him in years past, but he made me a believer last season especially late).
                          Thats cool man. We agree to disagree. I think you will rethink that after this year. Out of curiosity whats your end game for him with us? Plays this year and then trade him? Because simply letting him hit free agency is really dumb imo. I doubt you are suggesting that.

Comment

Working...
                          X