• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    That Gurley contract looks like a huge mistake now.
    If he has continued trouble with that arthritic knee it will be. Arthritis dont get better.....maybe for young guys it does but it didnt for me lol.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Gordon's contract situation? Since he is under contract, I'm not sure how that would be one of the main factors affecting this season. Since I am one of the ones lukewarm on resigning him (mostly due to how much he will want), having him in a prove it contract year is not a bad thing.
      IMO he doesnt have to prove anything. He has done well, just needs to stay healthier but its not like he has missed half or full seasons like some others. They need to use Jackson and Ekeler a little more is all to lesson the load on Gordon.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Nobody gets the contract they want. But everybody has a minimum they won't go below. What's Gordon's minimum. And what's the Bolt's maximum. I'm hopeful for a solution. Gordon is one of TT's guys, one he traded up to get and one who has performed well. That gives me hope.
        Get ready for Ek, JJ, and SuperChunky in round 5.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Get ready for Ek, JJ, and SuperChunky in round 5.
          Not familiar with who this SuperChunky person is but I'm assuming Sir Mix-A-Lot approves.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Not sure what his guaranteed money should be, but he is solidly in the $7-8 mil a year range IMO, possibly more to us as when he is in the game our O clicks like it's in overdrive (compared to when he is out with injury). Also I think his career might have longer legs with us because we do use alternate RBs so much, plus killer passing game.

Pay him.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Hayward is coming up in a couple years. Id rather use Gordons money on a stud CB and use a back end 1st or 2nd on a RB. The thing is....next year could be loaded with monster RBs. Watch in college this up coming season. It will be all about RBs. And with guys realizing shelf life is short...they will want to come into the pros young. Ultimately you want a guy like Gurley who came into the NFL at 21. Not a lot of wear and tear. But the injury was a concern. And RBs that are injured in college have to be considered high risk in the pros based on the constant collisions they take.

Ive always kind of felt like there are positions you can have a high success rate with in the draft's middle rounds. RB being one of them. So we drafted Gordon in the first. Maybe use a 3rd on a RB as we get closer to the end of Gordons contract. They might have even had a 3rd round grade on JJ and feel like he is MGs successor. But i need to see more of him this year.

Kamara, Kareem Hunt(I know), Tevin Coleman, David Johsnon. 3rd rounders in recent drafts. When you see that we miss on 3rd rounders a few times it just makes sense to me to use a mid round pick on a guy that has a good chance of sticking and playing a major role. Backing up your starter....complimenting your starter....and potentially taking over your lead back. Especially if you dont have the luxury of having a QB on a rookie contract.

We definitely scored with Ekeler. And potentially Jackson. But Ekeler imo is a complimentary guy. They may need to figure out a different way to use him if he is to see a full workload in the event Gordon goes down. I dont think hes the type of back that can run Gordons plays. And thats what they did with him.

Let Gordon walk. Use a back end 1st or 2nd on a new RB next year. Cut Hayward in 2012 and use that money to sign Jalen Ramsey. And draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th a couple years down the road to take over for the RB you just drafted.

Now with all this being said....i think TT loves and wants Gordon back. lol

Comment

• alex8080
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

plenty of QB, OT, and RB depth in 2020 draft. plenty

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

RBs, unfortunately for them, are more easily replaced than many other positions. Let him test FA and see where the market sets his value. If he leaves we get a comp pick and draft a new RB.

PR, HH, JB, MI, KA, DK are all up within the next 2 years. If you throw in possibles, yet unproven talent/older vets, DF, FL, RO, MP, MS, ST will all be contract decisions (6 members of our current Oline).
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Hayward is coming up in a couple years. Id rather use Gordons money on a stud CB and use a back end 1st or 2nd on a RB. The thing is....next year could be loaded with monster RBs. Watch in college this up coming season. It will be all about RBs. And with guys realizing shelf life is short...they will want to come into the pros young. Ultimately you want a guy like Gurley who came into the NFL at 21. Not a lot of wear and tear. But the injury was a concern. And RBs that are injured in college have to be considered high risk in the pros based on the constant collisions they take.

Ive always kind of felt like there are positions you can have a high success rate with in the draft's middle rounds. RB being one of them. So we drafted Gordon in the first. Maybe use a 3rd on a RB as we get closer to the end of Gordons contract. They might have even had a 3rd round grade on JJ and feel like he is MGs successor. But i need to see more of him this year.

Kamara, Kareem Hunt(I know), Tevin Coleman, David Johsnon. 3rd rounders in recent drafts. When you see that we miss on 3rd rounders a few times it just makes sense to me to use a mid round pick on a guy that has a good chance of sticking and playing a major role. Backing up your starter....complimenting your starter....and potentially taking over your lead back. Especially if you dont have the luxury of having a QB on a rookie contract.

We definitely scored with Ekeler. And potentially Jackson. But Ekeler imo is a complimentary guy. They may need to figure out a different way to use him if he is to see a full workload in the event Gordon goes down. I dont think hes the type of back that can run Gordons plays. And thats what they did with him.

Let Gordon walk. Use a back end 1st or 2nd on a new RB next year. Cut Hayward in 2012 and use that money to sign Jalen Ramsey. And draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th a couple years down the road to take over for the RB you just drafted.

Now with all this being said....i think TT loves and wants Gordon back. lol
                    I've said many times that very good backs can be had in rounds 2-4, sometimes even later like JJ. Seems like there's always a glut of RB's, whereas I feel we need to save some $$$ to re-sign Boss. And good point, I do think we need to draft a corner because Hayward is getting old and losing a step. I'm thinking corner and OT in rounds 1-2, either order, then RB in round 3 or so.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I've said many times that very good backs can be had in rounds 2-4, sometimes even later like JJ. Seems like there's always a glut of RB's, whereas I feel we need to save some $$$ to re-sign Boss. And good point, I do think we need to draft a corner because Hayward is getting old and losing a step. I'm thinking corner and OT in rounds 1-2, either order, then RB in round 3 or so.
                      Good strategy. Id say that those are positions of need next year. Esecially if we let Gordon walk and plan in letting Okung and Hayward go. Signing Bosa is imperative. Unless someone gave us 3 #1's.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Guess I'm in the minority, but I would keep Gordon over Bosa.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

I dont know. If you are drafting top 3 that is a franchise player you draft. Trade out of the pick if hes a one contract player for your team. Unless hes a bust. Bosa is dominant. Hes just been banged up. Im not even sweating his foot. Its not like he is trying to get moved like some seem to think Ramsey is.

Comment

Working...
                          X