Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

2020 2nd i would guess.
    I do not want to just let go of MG III.
    But what the hell are we supposed to do ?
    Die on our own sword ?
    This is a threshhold issue, MG III's situation.
    The next CBA will address "trapped" RBs.
    LAC be prudent.
    Don't damage the 2019 season on principle.
    Make the trade.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      I don't want to just beat the Colts...I wan't the Austin and JJ super turf show...ram it down their throats, and yards after the catch...all day long...by our RBs.

Would still welcome a contrite Gordon back, at reasonable deal...but I think I would rather he find the door...might end up being best for all, considering the distraction it has caused in a year where we are a viable contender.

I think a top notch ground game this Sunday will force Gordon's hand...and definitely don't want to see us struggle in the run game. It would just fuel Gordon's resolve, however misplaced it is.
      I don't think it's a distraction for the players. Seems to distract you more lol. This ain't a Antonio Brown situation.

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

They've been my most likely destination all along and they just restructured Mike Evans contract to free up cap space.

Pay the man, Bruce!

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Great find, Fleet !
          And this is damn interesting.
          It is easy to picture Bruce Arians pushing for this trade.
          He would want to ease the pressure on Jameis.
          Arians always takes care of his quarterback.
          Roethlisberger used to love Bruce Arians.
          Then why does his scheme get them beat up so much? Arians is like the better HC version of Norv and Martz with the same weakness. He loves the deep ball too much, which is fine if you have a decent OL. He got Luck beat up, Ben, and Palmer at the end of his time with the Cards.

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

I drafted him in our FF league, so a trade to Tampa, a team who is gonna be in a lot of shootouts, is fine by me.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Says the guy that wanted to draft Stidham in the first round and Bryce Love in the second who will not play this year. Howard isn't not a great fit for us. We like RBs who are good receivers out of the backfield and his 3.7 YPC last season wasn't good and he is a FA after this season

It was not a good offer.
              disagree.... career avg is 4.3 YPC.... MG3 4.0

dude can catch the ball, can block and can def run.... we've got receiving backs galore.... what we don't have is a power/bell cow back, which Howard is closer to that than the others.

also not smitten w/Gordon to start w/and if I'm our FO, no way do I stand for his antics, and.... distraction or not, don't see the value in letting this play out ??

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Why? Howard is a mediocre and limited RB with one year left on his contract. There is a reason Chicago parted with him easily and Eagles ready to also do it. Why not just trade Gordon for a donkey and cart?

TG
              why have an albatross for ten weeks ?? and what's wrong w/just a one year contract ?? buys us time until able to draft a top notch back in next year's draft, and we're not on the line for overpaying someone if we don't/can't come to terms w/him.... if we're even interested ??

and "mediocre" and "limited ?" ....not sure what's that based on, and how in depth things are taken into consideration ?? could be true, albeit in our current state of affairs and unless there's a better offer on the table, I'm taking a chair/meeting with whomever has their ante up.... think we need to move on (and cut our losses if so be it).

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Die on our own sword ?
                LAC be prudent.
                Make the trade.
                I just think we have way too many big contracts coming up. They probably feel like his offer fits everyone under the umbrella. Have to hold firm on your values of a player. Some stats dont have income tax. Flroida is a good place for him. He may take the same offer there.

This was just a couple years ago.

​​​​​​California hits hard. Athletes who play for one of the NFL's three California teams pay a marginal tax rate of 13.3%, the highest state-level tax in the country. For that reason, players on those teams give up more of their income in taxes than players anywhere else in the country. Phillip Rivers, QB for the San Diego Chargers, has the highest effective tax rate of any NFL player, according to our analysis.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Die on our own sword ?
                  LAC be prudent.
                  Make the trade.
                  How does a second rounder help this team this year more than a healthy Gordon for the last half of the season and the playoffs?

Think about it for a second, if Gordon coming back increases our odds of winning a super bowl this year is the second rounder worth it?

The only way its its worth it imho is if it's part of a payment for Williams.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    disagree.... career avg is 4.3 YPC.... MG3 4.0

dude can catch the ball, can block and can def run.... we've got receiving backs galore.... what we don't have is a power/bell cow back, which Howard is closer to that than the others.

also not smitten w/Gordon to start w/and if I'm our FO, no way do I stand for his antics, and.... distraction or not, don't see the value in letting this play out ??
                    why have an albatross for ten weeks ?? and what's wrong w/just a one year contract ?? buys us time until able to draft a top notch back in next year's draft, and we're not on the line for overpaying someone if we don't/can't come to terms w/him.... if we're even interested ??

and "mediocre" and "limited ?" ....not sure what's that based on, and how in depth things are taken into consideration ?? could be true, albeit in our current state of affairs and unless there's a better offer on the table, I'm taking a chair/meeting with whomever has their ante up.... think we need to move on (and cut our losses if so be it).

Im for trading him but not for giving him away. That isn't smart. There will be injuries and they will get better offers. I think trading him straight up for Howard would be stupid and offering to swap middle round picks was a joke offer. Just taking anything isn't a good GM move.

I also don't think it is a bad thing if they don't trade him and we get him back with fresh legs for the home stretch and playoffs.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

https://thepewterplank.com/2019/07/11/tampa-bay-buccaneers-melvin-gordon-come-tampa-bay/

....a second and a later round pick as well ??

https://www.joebucsfan.com/2019/07/the-cost-of-melvin-gordon/

Arians has no use/interest in the/an (expensive) RB position.... the oft injured RB.... would be pedestrian behind that line ??

http://bucsreport.com/2019/07/11/melvin-gordon-to-tampabay/
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

How does a second rounder help this team this year more than a healthy Gordon for the last half of the season and the playoffs?

Think about it for a second, if Gordon coming back increases our odds of winning a super bowl this year is the second rounder worth it?

The only way its its worth it imho is if it's part of a payment for Williams.
                        Playing devils advocate, how does a guy who is completely uninterested in playing for his current team, help this year?

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't think it's a distraction for the players. Seems to distract you more lol. This ain't a Antonio Brown situation.
                          I would offer Pouncy's statement about "having shit loads of money" as a shot at MG thus a distraction.
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X