P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I might have bit on the Jordan Howard move. Sweeten the pot a little, Howie. Get this shite over with, TT.

My sources say MG III wants more guaranteed money, as opposed to just more money per se, to protect him from the risk of injury.

LAC are projecting the cap out several years, with a move up The 110 mixed in.
      am gonna move my timetable up to it'd be a hot second before I made that trade.... anotherwords would do it yesterday.

we are not the Raiders.... team Tommy John needs to shed us of this unfortunate distraction.

there are some who might even volunteer that Howard is a better back/bet than MG.... https://section215.com/2019/09/05/philadelphia-eagles-jordan-howard-melvin-gordon-options/

my personal suspicion is that if TT pulls the trigger on this one, that people might look back and suggest he really pulled a coup by bringing in Howard and letting MG go.

there is no benefit nor leverage gained by letting this drag on/out.... in fact we may lose leverage by holding out/hoping to juice the goose/sweeten the pot (not gonna happen).

take the highest bid.... Jordan Howard is just about exactly what this offense is missing going forward this season.

again.... would touch base with any potential suitors, field their bids if any by Sat night, and swing the deal that suits them.... if indeed there is one.... (snooze you looze).

personally would hope for Howard and Isaac Seumalo or a draft pick, and.... honestly, would settle for just Howard in exchange.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep, sweeten the pot by throwing in a 2nd rounder, and we got a deal...
        Jordan Howard probably wouldn't cut it, unless they sweetened the pot with a first-round pick, or maybe a second-rounder.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/eagles-in-mix-for-melvin-gordon-trade/

I disagree.... take the best offer now and move on.... Howard plus a pick or player, or Howard for Gordon straight up.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Packers should consider trading for number 25
          their run game looks like crap
          Bears have a good defense but 6 carries for 7 yards in the first half.

I'll say it again. Eaglesskinspackers

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

thinking out loud, am harkened back to the Marcus Mariota rumors and the possibility that PR wanted to go back closer to home (Tennessee/Georgia thereabouts), and.... how our GM and the Spanos clan played it Gomer Pyle style.... like boy howdy.... don't know what y'all are talkin' 'bout ??

Tom, roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty/in the soil.... get the skinny from Howie and anyone else who might be in the mix, and don't play dumb or check your hand.... ante up.

tell 'em what you want and be willing to accept what comes our way.... it's time to get off the pot/this MG3 saga.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/05/jordan-howard-unconcerned-about-report-of-eagles-trade-talk/

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Jordan Howard probably wouldn't cut it, unless they sweetened the pot with a first-round pick, or maybe a second-rounder.

I disagree.... take the best offer now and move on.... Howard plus a pick or player, or Howard for Gordon straight up.
              Says the guy that wanted to draft Stidham in the first round and Bryce Love in the second who will not play this year. Howard isn't not a great fit for us. We like RBs who are good receivers out of the backfield and his 3.7 YPC last season wasn't good and he is a FA after this season

It was not a good offer.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Says the guy that wanted to draft Stidham in the first round and Bryce Love in the second who will not play this year. Howard isn't not a great fit for us. We like RBs who are good receivers out of the backfield and his 3.7 YPC last season wasn't good and he is a FA after this season

It was not a good offer.
                Agreed, it is not a good offer and I'd wait for something else or Gordon to report later in the season.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

I delcare tonight, the 2019 NFL kickoff night the most boring in recent memory. So much for the head honchos bringing us this nostalgia fueled Packers vs. Bears NFL opening day game.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Caslon; 09-05-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

CIm going to say that in the locker room this isnt really a distraction. You coach who is there and you play with who is by your side. This team hasnt seen MG for months. The rb crew are prepped and i bet a few hope he doesnt return as their job is on the line. Someone said it above and I agree that Zeke is a huge cog in the offense much like LT was for us. MG just isnt that important for his skills...he is replaceable ...JJ might not flash some of MGs athleticism but he has shown he has his own north-south style that MG has lacked to for hitting the hole and accelerating to the 2nd level. Im excited to see JJ get the starting role...he was a heck of a back in college too.

If MG comes back thats fine but im not breaking the bank for him either...he isnt a huge piece to the offense that we cant do without.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Bears have a good defense but 6 carries for 7 yards in the first half.

I'll say it again. Eaglesskinspackers
                      That sounds like something in the urban dictionary.
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Why? Howard is a mediocre and limited RB with one year left on his contract. There is a reason Chicago parted with him easily and Eagles ready to also do it. Why not just trade Gordon for a donkey and cart?

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Why? Howard is a mediocre and limited RB with one year left on his contract. There is a reason Chicago parted with him easily and Eagles ready to also do it. Why not just trade Gordon for a donkey and cart?

TG
                          we hate donkeys, reminds us of Denver. what else can we get? how about a taco cart and painted burro?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X