Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...e-afc.amp.html

Well researched piece with very valid arguments why the Bolts should not miss a beat on offense sans Gordon and why the RB position is devalued. Best thing I've read on this subject to date.
    Good article. If he doesn't want their deal let him play out under his old deal and walk. Get a 2nd or lower rnder next year for $2M/yr in the draft and use the extra cap for more OL - a LT!

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Has that ever happened? ..And no one sued? I'm thinking that anyone cut without a severance package had no guaranties in his contract. Ya gotta read the damn thing before signing.
      It seems that you and the others are intentionally missing the point. In the MLB and NBA for instance, you sign a 5 year contract for x amount, you're due that money, regardless of whether you're playing or cut or whatever. Just because the NFL was able to strong arm these guys out of guaranteed deals in the CBA, doesn't make it right. And it's the chief cause of these holdouts and trade demands. There's a reason why you never really hear of these things in the other leagues.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

It seems that you and the others are intentionally missing the point. In the MLB and NBA for instance, you sign a 5 year contract for x amount, you're due that money, regardless of whether you're playing or cut or whatever. Just because the NFL was able to strong arm these guys out of guaranteed deals in the CBA, doesn't make it right. And it's the chief cause of these holdouts and trade demands. There's a reason why you never really hear of these things in the other leagues.
        Guess the NFL players union should have been stronger like the other leagues. They agreed to the CBA, so yes, it does "make it right". As it stands, the owners do not renege on the contracts that they sign like a player holdout is. Terms of the contracts are not hidden, everyone knows what they are signing.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post

Guess the NFL players union should have been stronger like the other leagues. They agreed to the CBA, so yes, it does "make it right". As it stands, the owners do not renege on the contracts that they sign like a player holdout is. Terms of the contracts are not hidden, everyone knows what they are signing.
          Makes a big difference if you're a solid workhorse. MG is a workhorse, but missed some games. Not sure how many games Ezekiel missed last year. The Chargers won two key games without Melvin Gordon. Other factors figured in. Stellar WR play. Williams.

Passing note: AmaZing all the WR's that went to the practice squad once Inmann was signed.

As I said, some of them are cursing that signing. 3 WR's are on the PS. So it goes.
          Last edited by Caslon; 09-05-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post

Yeah, the players union is a joke.

And we'll just have to agree to disagree on the bolded.

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Makes a big difference if you're a solid workhorse. MG is a workhorse, but missed some games. Not sure how many games work hourse Ezekiel missed last year.
              Elliot has never missed a game due to an injury.

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Thanks for that tidbit. See ya on the clothes line, MG. You may hang there awhile.
                Don't forget you commitment of eligibility. MG says..."understood."

WE LOVE YOU MG...welcome to week 10. "Glad to be here." "For my sakes."
                Last edited by Caslon; 09-05-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Well.. he will now.... its never the same training on your own vs with the team.

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Well.. he will now.... its never the same training on your own vs with the team.
                    He had to train on his own when he was suspended 4 games just last year. Bell also did it without getting hurt. Zeke may have been in Cabo, but he's been working out with HOFer Marshall Faulk, who has focused training based on in game scenarios. Not to mention that Zeke is a physical freak. I really doubt his holdout causes any undue injury.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Adrian Peterson looks like he may not have much of a role in Washington this season. Might even be a healthy scratch this week. He would be a good one year, sturdy back for the Bolts. He seems to want playing time more than money, so would be cheap too.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Anybody know where the Skins are capwise? I don't wish ill on anyone...especially Guice. I liked that kid coming out of college...but sometimes those guys never get right again...well do us Charger fans know.

I'm skeptical about MG's future with us...I think the Skins is a potential destination. Not necessarily for Trent Williams, don't know how we could afford him..but I'll be keeping my eye on their RB situation going forward, just the same.
                        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Adrian Peterson looks like he may not have much of a role in Washington this season. Might even be a healthy scratch this week. He would be a good one year, sturdy back for the Bolts. He seems to want playing time more than money, so would be cheap too.

TG
                          He ran rough shod over the Chargers in such a humiliating way that he should never be a Charger. I'll never forget how he took the hand off 6 yards back and waited for the blocking up front and turned each carry into 20+ yards, play after play. Ugliest game in Chargers history IMO. Even the lighting was kinda freakish dark in the Minnesota Vikings indoor stadium. Don't ask, let us forget it. I want to, but can't. Charger fan nightmare. The dark lighting in the stadium just added to the nightmare. That was one weird ownage game by RB Peterson.
                          Last edited by Caslon; 09-05-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X