• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Because it's clear that MG's goal in dogging the last 6 games is to stay healthy enough for a second contract and prior to those 6 games has a 4 year track record of playing as hard as anyone in the league
    Sounds a lot like Antonio Brown? He practices and plays hard. Except when he personally does not want to. It just shows the player puts himself above the team.
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

He does now
      but at some point, Pouncey was a 5th year player under a rookie contract and NOT holding out.
      so he can speak on it, imo
      True, fair enough. Does anyone have a quote of Pouncey saying anything like that when he was a 5th year player? Apples, oranges. Pouncey is at the end of his career - grinding it out as a pro highly respected journeyman.

I look forward to getting my last kid through college, finishing off paying off the house, and having the luxury to decide to work less, take a less demanding job, rebalance work-life back towards life. Right now I'm grinding and climbing - doing whatever it takes to get more and more for me n mine.

I don't fault MG's desire to get more. I don't like his tactic but whatever. we are all free men, nobody owns me and nobody owns him. This loyalty, respect, manners, tradition stuff ... all just BS. Everyone is situational. GM offer contracts carefully crafted to let them dump the back end. Legal=sure. Ethical? Hmmm.

i just laugh at how deluded MG is about his self-value. He really doesn't know he's not worth anything close to what he is asking for. Poor kid could have gotten a nice raise to 8 or 10M a year. Its not top RB in the league because he's not top RB in the league. He should have taken it. I sense its now too late.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Pre-cursor to a trade?

​​​​​​Alshon Jeffery restructures.

The deal takes $11.75M this year and turns most of it into a signing bonus, per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. Most importantly, this means $11.5 million for 2020 is now fully guaranteed. Previously Jeffery had no guaranteed money for 2020. It remains to be seen just how long Jeffery will work as the Eagles' undisputed lead outside receiver with DeSean Jackson now in town as well as JJ Arcega-Whiteside waiting for his chance.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Playing devils advocate, how does a guy who is completely uninterested in playing for his current team, help this year?
          Gordon will play for the minimum he has to buy he won't hurt his value by faking an injury. Isn't that the knock on him? Getting Gordon week 10 and then into the playoffs is very valuable to a Super Bowl run.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

MG the free agent in 2020 has enough film.
            if MG reports after week 10 and decides to fake an injury to avoid playing time to avoid injuries, GMs ar savvy enough to not hold that against him.
            they understand MG is a great running back who will play his heart out--under a satisfactory second contract.
            in other words, he has to return, but he doesn't HAVE to ball out when he returns.
            That sounds like a risk. GMs are going to overlook injury history to pay top dollar for a running back? I don't think so Tim.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

I wouldn't expect Gordon to fake an injury to avoid getting hurt. Just like I wouldn't expect him to give his full effort based on his statements about the risks of injury while playing without having a contract locked up.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post
                I wouldn't expect Gordon to fake an injury to avoid getting hurt. Just like I wouldn't expect him to give his full effort based on his statements about the risks of injury while playing without having a contract locked up.
                It's hard not to play 100% when you get on an nfl football field and have grown Men trying to hurt you.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Gordon didn't get traded this week as was anticipated by some. It's almost personal now between the Chargers front office and Gordon (Gordon's tweets). This fence can't be mended. Almost time to let this topic fade and start a "Where does Gordon land - Compensation?" topic.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Pre-cursor to a trade?

​​​​​​Alshon Jeffery restructures.

The deal takes $11.75M this year and turns most of it into a signing bonus, per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. Most importantly, this means $11.5 million for 2020 is now fully guaranteed. Previously Jeffery had no guaranteed money for 2020. It remains to be seen just how long Jeffery will work as the Eagles' undisputed lead outside receiver with DeSean Jackson now in town as well as JJ Arcega-Whiteside waiting for his chance.
                        Interesting... I wonder what they'd be offering this time around. Their regarded the best or t lest one of the best OL's in the league, surely they have someone worthwhile they could throw our way.

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          That contract was no joke. Heard reports that it was both paying him for his football skill and his importance to the city and franchise. I have to imagine that the Falcons and their owner Arthur Blank have to be gaining traction as a team that players are going to start targeting more in FA.

Comment

Working...
                          X