• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Yep. Schefter stating the obvious. Sounds like someone might have actually beaten him to the punch for once. We shall see..

Found this post on reddit about the guy from Cleveland who initially reported it. Again nothing is verified.
    1. This dude was a co-producer of the 30 for 30 "Believeland", which is a story about Cleveland.
    2. Lebron is in the 30 for 30 and currently plays for the Los Angeles Lakers.
    3. Lebron is part of Klutch Sports.
    4. Klutch Sports wants to bring on Melvin Gordon's agent to lead its NFL division.
    5. Hype.
    Either it's hype or it's an inside scoop...which one ?
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      The one thing i do miss about Gordon is his ability to beat up a defense. He is a load to tackle. Over time it wears guys out. Makes things a little easier on the OL and Rivers. Thats the part of his game nobody talks about. We are more finesse with Jackson and Ek. Gordon smashes guys. Makes them tired. And fatigue makes cowards of us all.
      We need him. Hope it's true. LA times had an article this morning about Allen being the only weapon. Surprising stat: Ekeler had more yards rushing in the first 3 games last season than he has this season through 3 games.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

It definitely won't hurt to have a different type of back in our committee. He also is a decent blocker from what I recall. I just hope we don't over rely on any one back. I think Lynn may have a tendency to want to do that.
        I think we are a better team with Gordon pounding. Its the rock in the pond. We are seeing it now. We are not exactly smashing defenses. To much finesse and softness. We need to start playing more power football. Its beats up defenses. Its a fitness game in the 4th quarter. And thats where we are losing bad. We are spent. Defenses are not. We cant get the upperhand. The penalties and mistakes are often related to fitness. Or lack of it.

Gordon changes that for us. He works linebackers and DL.It hurts to tackle him. He helps slow things down for us. Giving our D more time to rest.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We need him. Hope it's true. LA times had an article this morning about Allen being the only weapon. Surprising stat: Ekeler had more yards rushing in the first 3 games last season than he has this season through 3 games.
          Ive always said that a teams weapons are like bullets. And if you dont have to gun to fire those bullets then you will struggle. The gun being the OL. I just wont keep beating the dead horse on the OL. We had some bad luck with Okung.

But Gordon makes an OL look better. I think Ek is an amazing gem of a weapon. We need Gordon. We need good luck. We need to not be so spent physically in the 4th quarter.

TT used to talk about the hammer. He would show up to the draft with an actual hammer. It was supposed to signify the types of players he wants. Gordon is our hammer.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Another weapon on offense is a good thing.
            We need to run the ball more with or without MGIII.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• assman3000
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

We never really got to see Eek / JJ used to their full potential.. But I know we would be 3-0 if MG hadn't put himself above the team in a year were supposed to make a SB run.
              I think we will forgive him if he puts up top 3 numbers.

Dolphins would be a good game to get back into shape and ready for week 5.

Can someone start a twitter rumor that TT is in talks with Gates!

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I think we are a better team with Gordon pounding. Its the rock in the pond. We are seeing it now. We are not exactly smashing defenses. To much finesse and softness. We need to start playing more power football. Its beats up defenses. Its a fitness game in the 4th quarter. And thats where we are losing bad. We are spent. Defenses are not. We cant get the upperhand. The penalties and mistakes are often related to fitness. Or lack of it.

Gordon changes that for us. He works linebackers and DL.It hurts to tackle him. He helps slow things down for us. Giving our D more time to rest.
                Agree. He was doing it all well last season. Running hard, not hesitating at the line, made some people miss, blocking when necessary and becoming a better receiver. All of those things will help us. Lynn wants the team to be balanced and for whatever reason they went away from the run game in the second half against Houston. We needed it. We became way too one-dimensional

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Agree. He was doing it all well last season. Running hard, not hesitating at the line, made some people miss, blocking when necessary and becoming a better receiver. All of those things will help us. Lynn wants the team to be balanced and for whatever reason they went away from the run game in the second half against Houston. We needed it. We became way too one-dimensional
                  One person dimensional .

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

We need him back in the worst way. Also its nice having a true 3 down back that you can leave in for all 3 downs.

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      If true, this was one of the absolute dumbest holdouts ever. He didn't get traded and he didn't get extended and lost over $1 million in salary. Great advice you got there Melvin!

Does anyone know if the team actually imposed any fines on him for missing preseason?
                      Absolutely a very dumb holdout. Makes no sense what he is doing.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by assman3000 View Post
                        We never really got to see Eek / JJ used to their full potential.. But I know we would be 3-0 if MG hadn't put himself above the team in a year were supposed to make a SB run.
                        I think we will forgive him if he puts up top 3 numbers.

Dolphins would be a good game to get back into shape and ready for week 5.

Can someone start a twitter rumor that TT is in talks with Gates!
                        Gates will be back sometime in second half of season...... team assumed they could win without him early on..... saving his body from abuse till needed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Did you look it up? It isn't true. It's about the same and in a different role now

Comment

Working...
                          X