• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    $10-$11 is a top dollar amount IMO. even then, it must be team friendly with an easy out for the Bolts to go that high.
    Melvin, accept this or you and I have a problem.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• BrummieBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2019
      • Birmingham, England
      • Train Driver
      • Send PM

Great offer if true.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If I'm TT, my best offer to MG3 is 3 years, with an out after two years, $8 mil a year.
        How much up front?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

When reports came out he wanted 13-15MM you said "pay the man" we are in win now mode. I fail to see how TT is on that page. If he was Gordon wouldn't be so "disrespected".

Fwiw....I think a 3 yr extension gets done for approx the terms latest reported. If it is 4 yrs it will be a palatable cap hit to cut him before tje 4th sesson. The front load bonus amount will be what gets the deal done. I do not see his $ passing KA, despite MGIII ridiculous notion that RB is the 2nd most valuable position and that he has proven to be a "great" back, which he has not.
          TT pay the man is an old CMB remnant. Don't be so literal. If the reports are true, I hope MG III comes to his senses. He doesn't warrant a top of market contract and isn't asked to be a full time back in our system. $10-$11m is good offer but I guess it depends on the guarantee

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

A lot of arm chair agents for Gordon, who told him a week ago its best he play out his contract & now telling him he's making a mistake again.:wtf2:

With Okung's health concerns, i'd probably trade Melvin for Trent Williams & sign someone like Jay Ajayi - assuming there is a willing trade partner & cap space.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

If the numbers of this year stay there, the franchise tag will coast about 9 millions next year.
              How can you give 10 millions to a guy who is not a top 5 RB?

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Id trade Gordon for a starting OLT in an instant. And throw in a #3 to #6 wr.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Gordon is under contract and if the reports of him being offere 10-11 mill a year this would be more than acceptable he is almost doubling his salary that is contractually obligated to this year 5.6 mill.

Gordon's leverage-
                  1. He is on a team that is talked about as Super Bowl contenders so he feels the pressure is on management to get the deal done
                  2. He has been productive when healthy
                  3. He has support of team mates
                  4. His agent is not settling and he believe he is a top 5 back

Gordon not so fast
                  1. You are under contract and being fined 40,000 per miss day so if camp is about 25 days you forfiet 1 mill
                  2. a. If you're not traded you have to report by week 10 to have a season accrued or else you still under contract for another season.
                  b. So in doing so you are out 1 millon based on training camp and you will only get paid for 6 games so that is 350,000 per game which means he makes only 2.1 million

Facts
                  1. Running Back value isn't a value position and only the elite will get paid
                  2. Gordon is outside the top 5 when healthy in no order the top 5 would be Bell, Gurly, David Johnson, Devontee Freeman, Ezekiel Elliot. Gordon might be the 8th or 9th best here are few other guys that can do what he does and more, Saquon Barkley, Alvin Kamara, and Christen McCaffery.
                  3. We were 4-0 without him
                  4. Ajai and Carlos Hyde are Free Agents

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                    A lot of arm chair agents for Gordon, who told him a week ago its best he play out his contract & now telling him he's making a mistake again.:wtf2:

With Okung's health concerns, i'd probably trade Melvin for Trent Williams & sign someone like Jay Ajayi - assuming there is a willing trade partner & cap space.
                    I've been toutin this idea from day one.Grab some proven o line help in a trade and another workhorse r.b and lets continue with the mission at hand.Either get on the train or get out the way!!!

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                      Not surprising as we have more information about the offer which is higher (if true) than most here thought the team would offer him. If the team was low balling him it would make sense to play out his contract and test the FA market. But if the reported money is close to being true, a lot feel it is more than fair given his injury history and think he should take it.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

IMHO, $8 mil or so a year is not low ball. $10 mil is just silly.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

After looking 2020 salaries, the franchise tag could easily be 13 or 14 millions for a RB.
                          At 10 M, MG seems more reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                          X