• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Be great if MG wanted to play for his contract, the one that pays him $5.6 mil this year, makes him the 10th highest paid RB, I believe? Maybe the 8th highest actually playing lol? Then cash in next year after he has a killer season and helps us win a SB. Holding out now after missing games last season and coming back only so-so for the playoffs is lame. Let him sit if he wants to.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
      When you go to NFL.COM and compare MG3 vs. Ekkie, here's what we get:

Gordon - Career YPC: 4.0
      Ekkie - Career YPC: 5.3

Not even close. Now, last year, it was fairly close with Gordon at 5.1 and Ekkie at 5.2. Do I think the Bolts are better off with MG3 in the lineup? Yes. But is MG3 as great as he thinks he is? No.

http://www.nfl.com/player/melvingord...69/careerstats
      http://www.nfl.com/player/austinekel...69/careerstats
      This is most likely has more to do with the oline blocking as well as Ekkie being used primarily as a complimentary /situational back, as opposed to primary back.
      ​​​​​
      Look at titans game for example - Ekler only averaged 3.5 yards on 12 carries as the starting back. Although not a good sample size, Jackson only had 2 carries for a 1.5 yard average.

Ultimately it's a lot easier for ekler to pick up yards as a complimentary or situational guy IMO. If we try to use him as a primary work horse back like Gordon,
      ​​​I believe we will see a big drop off as well as possible injury. I don't think the ypc stats tell the whole story.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

There will be a lot of football to be played between now and week 10.

The key will be IOL.

Lamp is coming along.

JJ will shine.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Charles Robinson@CharlesRobinson
          #Chargers & Melvin Gordon talks are $2-$3 million apart in average salary. Chargers hoping for a raise over #Falcons' Devonta Freeman (5 years, $41.25 mil). Gordon aiming closer to #Cardinals' David Johnson (3 yrs, $39 mil). I think $12 mil per yr w/ incentives would get it done.
          Too much for a RB IMO.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Too much for a RB IMO.
            agreed. especially 1 that has only played 1 full season w/o injury and refusing to honor his rookie contract over $. There's always a background discussion of "outplaying" vs. "underplaying" a current contract- with agents always arguing a guy outplayed- but I can't honestly say that is the case with Gordon right now. I'm thinking his history points to underplaying a huge new deal, especially with projected weak OLs in his future on Chargers. Is this guy really any better than Ryan Mathews was?
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              When you go to NFL.COM and compare MG3 vs. Ekkie, here's what we get:

Gordon - Career YPC: 4.0
              Ekkie - Career YPC: 5.3

Not even close. Now, last year, it was fairly close with Gordon at 5.1 and Ekkie at 5.2. Do I think the Bolts are better off with MG3 in the lineup? Yes. But is MG3 as great as he thinks he is? No.

http://www.nfl.com/player/melvingord...69/careerstats
              http://www.nfl.com/player/austinekel...69/careerstats
              Misleading stats. Just one of those things PFF comes up with that is meaningless.
              If Ekeler were the every down RB he wouldnt have those numbers. Gordon is the guy they prepare for for one thing. Ekeler getting a handoff at the end of a half and ripping off an 25 yard run when they are in prevent defense makes his stats inflated.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-28-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Sorry dude, MG ain't no Rivers. Hell he ain't no Brees and Brees sucks!
                :facepalm1:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
                  This will cause some heads on here to explode. Is Austin Ekeler better than Melvin Gordon? (This writer thinks so.)

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/201...-melvin-gordon
                  Well its BFTB. Not like we are talking about professional journalists and football guys. Anybody can write blogs on it.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-28-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDFan View Post

agreed. especially 1 that has only played 1 full season w/o injury and refusing to honor his rookie contract over $. There's always a background discussion of "outplaying" vs. "underplaying" a current contract- with agents always arguing a guy outplayed- but I can't honestly say that is the case with Gordon right now. I'm thinking his history points to underplaying a huge new deal, especially with projected weak OLs in his future on Chargers. Is this guy really any better than Ryan Mathews was?

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Detrez Newsome leaving practice with a leg injury is concerning. The running back depth pool got a little more shallow.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

All good we still got Jeremy Cox and just picked up Gore.Worse comes to worse we can give Ajayi a shot.

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
                          Detrez Newsome leaving practice with a leg injury is concerning. The running back depth pool got a little more shallow.
                          Ya I was at the TC today and saw the hit. It looked like Kyle Wilson #56. Wilson didn't really let up much on the hit. Hopefully nothing serious but he did look hobbled afterwards.

After watching the recording I took of it, looks like newsome's right foot was planted when he took the hit and his body rotated to his right.
                          Last edited by SDBORN; 07-28-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X