• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Playing devils advocate, how does a guy who is completely uninterested in playing for his current team, help this year?
    5.6 million reasons and free agency looming. Or he gets to do this all over again. If that ain't motivation what is?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I would offer Pouncy's statement about "having shit loads of money" as a shot at MG thus a distraction.
      Didn't see a statement like that. Most players understand. It's the fans that get bent out of shape over these things.

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        5.6 million reasons and free agency looming. Or he gets to do this all over again. If that ain't motivation what is?
        I don't mean showing up, I mean giving his all.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Thinking is he will play hard to show teams he's worth top dollar. Then again, that would be smart, and he just ain't.

He comes back and makes a difference in a playoff run, I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Pouncey makes more than MG. Just sayin' ... and he's already banked 45M in his career. So sure, he's flush.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

MG the free agent in 2020 has enough film.
              if MG reports after week 10 and decides to fake an injury to avoid playing time to avoid injuries, GMs ar savvy enough to not hold that against him.
              they understand MG is a great running back who will play his heart out--under a satisfactory second contract.
              in other words, he has to return, but he doesn't HAVE to ball out when he returns.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

If I'm a GM and he dogs it the last 6 games for LAC, why would I trust he wouldn't do that to me? Not buying that bridge either.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  If I'm a GM and he dogs it the last 6 games for LAC, why would I trust he wouldn't do that to me? Not buying that bridge either.
                  Because it's clear that MG's goal in dogging the last 6 games is to stay healthy enough for a second contract and prior to those 6 games has a 4 year track record of playing as hard as anyone in the league
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                    Pouncey makes more than MG. Just sayin' ... and he's already banked 45M in his career. So sure, he's flush.
                    He does now
                    but at some point, Pouncey was a 5th year player under a rookie contract and NOT holding out.
                    so he can speak on it, imo
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Then why does his scheme get them beat up so much? Arians is like the better HC version of Norv and Martz with the same weakness. He loves the deep ball too much, which is fine if you have a decent OL. He got Luck beat up, Ben, and Palmer at the end of his time with the Cards.
                      No biscuit for you !!
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

How does a second rounder help this team this year more than a healthy Gordon for the last half of the season and the playoffs?

Think about it for a second, if Gordon coming back increases our odds of winning a super bowl this year is the second rounder worth it?

The only way its its worth it imho is if it's part of a payment for Williams.
                        It sounds like you and I disagree on impact of Gordon's absence. I hope you are right. The Charger's want to finish strong, unlike last year, while avoiding a slow start.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          MG the free agent in 2020 has enough film.
                          if MG reports after week 10 and decides to fake an injury to avoid playing time to avoid injuries, GMs ar savvy enough to not hold that against him.
                          they understand MG is a great running back who will play his heart out--under a satisfactory second contract.
                          in other words, he has to return, but he doesn't HAVE to ball out when he returns.
                          Faking an injury to cash in on a big payday, then avoid playing...hmmmm...where have we seen that before on the Bolts...does Big Lazy ring a bell?

Comment

Working...
                          X