Hey, we won both games.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

For an UDFA OT who no one had even heard of, I thought he played pretty well. At one point, I remember the 49ers ran a stunt or blitz right at him, clearly a let's take advantage of the rookie move, and he was just sitting there waiting for it. No confusion, no panic.... just taking care of business.

It would be nice if he could continue to elevate his game and be in the mix as someone who competes for a starting job. Maybe too much to ask, but the way he played in that game and a half, it didn't seem like the NFL was too big for him. That says a lot.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Its a good point you make. Its true. I was hoping those 2 picks of Feeney and Lamp would be our Martin/Frederick type situation. Lets hope Feeney clicks this year in his 3rd year and Lamp shows us all why he was drafted so high.

Im a believer in Lamp.
        My thoughts on Lamp - Show Me, You're in the pros now.

He is still an unknown with a solid background to me.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

My thoughts on Lamp - Show Me, You're in the pros now.

He is still an unknown with a solid background to me.
          He will be fine. Hes healthy. Gets a camp. Learning inside. You would be shocked at how important a camp is for speed. You put a guy in there and they pick on him when hes not ready it will fuck up his development. I think he is starting early in camp.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

He will be fine. Hes healthy. Gets a camp. Learning inside. You would be shocked at how important a camp is for speed. You put a guy in there and they pick on him when hes not ready it will fuck up his development. I think he is starting early in camp.
            I hope so because I saw an all pro guard when he was drafted. He needs this TC big time.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I hope so because I saw an all pro guard when he was drafted. He needs this TC big time.
              I saw both an OG and a RT with short arms. And i dont care about the arms. His technique was solid at LT.

The kid was set way back due to injury. Its not easy trusting your body. If you are playing and thinking about your body...that little extra you give up is everything.

I think we draft an OT/OG this year as well. So we should have some nice pieces on the OL. And i like the 3rd year of rookies to really see improvement. Feeney and Tevi mainly who im talking about. They have some really good experience under their belts now.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Eric Williams tweeting that Lamp is gonna see some reps at tackle? Very interesting....
                The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Eric Williams tweeting that Lamp is gonna see some reps at tackle? Very interesting....
                  Good depth piece for our Oline...:shifty:
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Yeah like i said yesterday he is both. I dont think he is just an OG. I could see a scenario where an OG lands in our lap and Lamp pushes for the RT spot. At any rate he is versatile enough to play both spots so it makes sense to get him groomed at both.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Yeah like i said yesterday he is both. I dont think he is just an OG. I could see a scenario where an OG lands in our lap and Lamp pushes for the RT spot. At any rate he is versatile enough to play both spots so it makes sense to get him groomed at both.
                      Makes you wonder bout a guy like McCoy at 28....man....and I was hoping to ride my sig mock 2.0 all the way to the draft...

Fans make mock drafts, and God laughs.....
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Makes you wonder bout a guy like McCoy at 28....man....and I was hoping to ride my sig mock 2.0 all the way to the draft...

Fans make mock drafts, and God laughs.....
                        28 may be a little too soon for McCoy but hes a guy that you can probably use at OG and then slid him into C when Pouncey moves on. McCoy, Jenkins and Dieter are 3 fairly versatile interior guys i do like. I would be looking at something like that in the back of round 2. Feeney is another guy that may end up at Center. He is a really smart player. Needs to adjust to the pro level. His college film is fairly amazing. He has the skills. Just a little late in his development at this point. Kind of a trend for us in regards to our ability to develop young OL.

I would expect in the back of round 1 we will see some guys that have fallen. And are value picks. Lynn himself said he would love another James scenario. Not exclusive to Safety obviously. I know we are thin at positions. But i still think we are in a position to take the best player on our board.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

I saw both an OG and a RT with short arms. And i dont care about the arms. His technique was solid at LT.

The kid was set way back due to injury. Its not easy trusting your body. If you are playing and thinking about your body...that little extra you give up is everything.

I think we draft an OT/OG this year as well. So we should have some nice pieces on the OL. And i like the 3rd year of rookies to really see improvement. Feeney and Tevi mainly who im talking about. They have some really good experience under their belts now.
                          That short arm thing is such an over used joke. Remember when pundits and some fans were freaking out over Melvin Ingram's short arms? That proved to be a waste of time and effort. Supa Mel is really good.

Comment

Working...
                          X