• Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

So I "wave the pompoms" because you are throwing random crap out there? C'mon man. Look, it's hard to win games. It's a slippery slope into trying to go all Romanian Figure Skating Judge on us. You are what your record says you are.

New England lost to Jax, Mia, Tenn (smoked), Steelers, and Lions....NONE of them made the playoffs.

This started by you saying we should fire Telesco if we don't shore up the run defense. That's horseshit imo, pure and simple. Fire a GM who assembled a 13 win playoff team because you don't like a stat? Nevermind that he had no LBs after half the season (cue the "have depth everywhere" mantra).

Telesco is doing a hell of a job and is absolutely the least of our problems.
    You are the only one throwing up random crap and if you were less hysterical it would make your posts more credible. I never said anything about firing anybody. I said they should start to review his performance if we can't stop the run again, a theme for many years. We were 15th vs the run (putting all injury and other bs excuses aside) and Telesco is still .500 over his tenure whether it suits your biased ranting or not

Believe what you want either way and we'll leave it there.
    Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-03-2019, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

You are the only one throwing up random crap and if you were less hysterical it would make your posts more credible. I never said anything about firing anybody. I said they should start to review his performance if we can't stop the run again, a theme for many years. We were 15th vs the run (putting all injury and other bs excuses aside) and Telesco is still .500 over his tenure whether it suits your biased ranting or not

We actually did pretty well until the NE game (which surprise surprise we got shellacked because we ran out of bodies). We were ranked 10th run defense during the regular season by FootballOutsiders with the lowest variance. 7th overall (pass and run) with the weighed defense adjustment. I think your fears of our run defense are widely exaggerated.

This page lists DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average) for total defense as well as rushing and passing defense separated. The DVOA system is explained here. All numbers below are adjusted to an average schedule of opponents and an average percentage of fumbles recovered by the defense. The exceptions are the three columns marked NON-ADJUSTED. Rushing includes all rushing, not just running backs.

LAST YEAR represents 2017 rank. WEIGHTED DEFENSE is adjusted so that earlier games in the season become gradually less important. It better reflects how the team was playing at the end of the season.

VARIANCE measures the statistical variance of the team's weekly DVOA performance. Teams are ranked from most consistent (#1, lowest variance) to least consistent (#32, highest variance). SCHEDULE represents the average offensive DVOA of all opponents, with teams ranked from hardest schedule to easiest schedule.

Remember, since positive numbers represent more scoring, defense is better when it is NEGATIVE.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

In short, last year's record was pretty damn awesome.

Comment

• pacstud
          Black Belt Poster
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

You are throwing up random crap and also hysterically posting less than credible assertions. If "reviewing his performance" isn't code for "firing" than I don't understand your biased ranting.

If you want to badmouth Telesco, have at it. When you site a "fake" 13 win season as evidence, expect to be argued. If you are here just to have people agree with you, then I'd avoid message boards.

If all you wanted to say is that we should draft d-linemen to improve our run defense...then just say that...you'd have few who would disagree.

Side note, bias is implicit.

Finally, the absolute worst way to analyze positional needs is to look at macro stats.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I would prefer a high pick on a pass rushing DT, rather than a run stuffer. Yes, we need both, but the pass D is priority IMO.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Ontario , Canada
              • Send PM

You are throwing up random crap and also hysterically posting less than credible assertions. If "reviewing his performance" isn't code for "firing" than I don't understand your biased ranting.

If you want to badmouth Telesco, have at it. When you site a "fake" 13 win season as evidence, expect to be argued. If you are here just to have people agree with you, then I'd avoid message boards.

If all you wanted to say is that we should draft d-linemen to improve our run defense...then just say that...you'd have few who would disagree.

Side note, bias is implicit.

Finally, the absolute worst way to analyze positional needs is to look at macro stats.
              A performance review isn't a firing at all. Could just mean he is on watch. Didn't 'cite' a fake 13 win season either. Not sure what part of we had the 8th easiest schedule you don't understand but there is a good argument we weren't as good as the 12 wins.

Not just macro stats - whatever they are. We have been lousy against the run on and off for many years. it is a trend. And again IMO we weren't that dominant. Go back and read Steve's post again if it helps. Either way believe what you want .

Comment

• pacstud
                Black Belt Poster
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

A performance review isn't a firing at all. Could just mean he is on watch. Didn't 'cite' a fake 13 win season either. Not sure what part of we had the 8th easiest schedule you don't understand but there is a good argument we weren't as good as the 12 wins.

Not just macro stats - whatever they are. We have been lousy against the run on and off for many years. it is a trend. And again IMO we weren't that dominant. Go back and read Steve's post again if it helps. Either way believe what you want .
                lol..."on watch"...sure, I can live with putting him "on watch". Let's watch him.

Being better/worse than your wins is ridiculous, that's my point. ESPECIALLY in the NFL where it's so tough to win games and the margins are just so damn thin.

You can believe what you want as well. Me, I'll take wins. Sounds like you want a run defense and "real" wins...like what KC got. Those were "real" wins.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Last edited by blueman; 04-03-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

The Chiefs pretty much had the same schedule yet you said they are a real 12 win team even though they had one of the worst defenses. Ours was better than Thiers.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

lol..."on watch"...sure, I can live with putting him "on watch". Let's watch him.

Being better/worse than your wins is ridiculous, that's my point. ESPECIALLY in the NFL where it's so tough to win games and the margins are just so damn thin.

You can believe what you want as well. Me, I'll take wins. Sounds like you want a run defense and "real" wins...like what KC got. Those were "real" wins.
                      Charger 2018 rankings.

Offense
                      -Rushing 15.
                      -Passing 10.
                      -Scoring 6t.

Defense
                      -Rushing 9.
                      -
                      Passing 9.
                      -Scoring 8.

Maybe we need to take Josh Jacobs @ 28 !

The adage of modern defensive football is that it is the pass that must be defended first.

Move the chains offense, in theory,
                      stops opponents from getting in sync, and keeps your own defense rested.
                      Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-03-2019, 08:02 PM.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Ontario , Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The Chiefs pretty much had the same schedule yet you said they are a real 12 win team even though they had one of the worst defenses. Ours was better than Thiers.
                        They had the 19th hardest in fact. IMO I thought they were more dominant too. SB etc Not going to re argue this though

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

They had the 19th hardest in fact. IMO I thought they were more dominant too. SB etc Not going to re argue this though

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...roughest-ride/
                          You know that article is from February 2018 and based off the records off the 2017 season?
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X