• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    I have a hard time believing the Bolts expose Stick by putting him on the PS. Why waste the pick at that point?
    I wonder if he comes up with some phantom injury to protect the rights to him or if we have him on the roster.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I wonder if he comes up with some phantom injury to protect the rights to him or if we have him on the roster.
      Could he still practice?

i think he'll be on the 53 and either a ST active player or, more likely, a designated inactive while he learns/gets scout team reps.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Could he still practice?

i think he'll be on the 53 and either a ST active player or, more likely, a designated inactive while he learns/gets scout team reps.
        If a player is on IR, I don't believe they can practice but they can attend meetings - but I could be wrong about that. Just had to see him taking up a roster spot when he won't contribute during the season.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I have a hard time seeing Stick on the active roster just because he might run a gadget play .

and I never want to see them pull Rivers to see if he can get them a 1st down.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• ~sdc
            PURA VIDA
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

If a player is on IR, I don't believe they can practice but they can attend meetings - but I could be wrong about that. Just had to see him taking up a roster spot when he won't contribute during the season.
            You mean like Forrest Lamp last season?

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ~sdc View Post

You mean like Forrest Lamp last season?
              Can't tell whether you are joking or referring to two seasons ago as Lamp was not on IR last season.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

If they have him as FG holder... could he be on the active list, and then Tyrod as an "inactive"?

*Didn't they make that change a few years ago, that you could have an emergency QB marked as inactive, and then they could play due to injury?

I think that was the rule?
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                  If they have him as FG holder... could he be on the active list, and then Tyrod as an "inactive"?

*Didn't they make that change a few years ago, that you could have an emergency QB marked as inactive, and then they could play due to injury?

I think that was the rule?
                  Wouldnt make any sense to have our #2 inactive while activating the #3. They will figure it out. There will be a roster spot taken from someone because of Stick. Still think he can be on the PS. If other teams thought highly enough of him he wouldnt have been a late 5th round pick in a weak QB draft class.
                  Not sure why everyone thinks our PS players are gold to other teams.

Comment

• ~sdc
                    PURA VIDA
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Can't tell whether you are joking or referring to two seasons ago as Lamp was not on IR last season.
                    Last season Lamp took up a roster spot without contributing.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wouldnt make any sense to have our #2 inactive while activating the #3. They will figure it out. There will be a roster spot taken from someone because of Stick. Still think he can be on the PS. If other teams thought highly enough of him he wouldnt have been a late 5th round pick in a weak QB draft class.
                      Not sure why everyone thinks our PS players are gold to other teams.
                      Agreed

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ~sdc View Post

Last season Lamp took up a roster spot without contributing.
                        Ah, I get your point now. That is true, but he was also the primary backup. Geno Smith also took up a roster spot and did not contribute. Gotta have some backups ready, even if they never play.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Really excited to see how this kid responds in the pros...looking forward to seeing alot of him in pre-season. To me, the only for sure knock on him is his arm strength. For the most part, the arm you leave college with is what you have...but that isn't always the case. Brees is a great example of this. Average arm when he played for us, but he put several yards and a lot of velocity on his ball after picking up that core training, after he hurt his shoulder....hopefully this kid can further develop his arm too.

The ability to play at the speed of the pros, what I call processor speed, is something else we know little about because of his level of competition...but you can also say that his innate ability in this area was hidden due to his level of competition...so you can't really knock him for it....yet. I think that question will get answered pretty quickly in camp and preseason.

I love the kid's moxy, his leadership, winning mentality....what a boon it would be if he developed into our next starting QB? Sure...odds are against it...but you never know. Would be nice if we hit the jackpot.
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X