• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    I thought Stick showed a lot in the Cards game. Despite that early pick (rook mistake), I was really impressed the way he bounced back from that and drove the Bolts right down the field for that TD. His ability to scramble makes a huge difference. And his passing was mostly accurate. Still needs to learn to put more touch on the shorter passes, but that can be coached up. Good-by Kordell...
    I agree. Stick was pretty good out there outside of the pick. Hopefully this was a huge nail in the Kordell coffin, I am so burned out on that guy, he has not improved at all over the last couple of seasons he has been here. Just cut him already and stop taking time away from QB's who have a chance to play.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I agree. Stick was pretty good out there outside of the pick. Hopefully this was a huge nail in the Kordell coffin, I am so burned out on that guy, he has not improved at all over the last couple of seasons he has been here. Just cut him already and stop taking time away from QB's who have a chance to play.
      I truly do not get why he seems to be Lynn's pet project. I think it was very obvious to everyone here at the end of his first camp he is not ever going to be an NFL QB, yet we keep wasting time and roster spots on him at the expense of someone else.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I truly do not get why he seems to be Lynn's pet project. I think it was very obvious to everyone here at the end of his first camp he is not ever going to be an NFL QB, yet we keep wasting time and roster spots on him at the expense of someone else.
        It's possible Lynn did not want to throw Stick in right away against 2nd stringers - NFL players.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Lynn + Jones = Marty + Vanover.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Wow, I had forgotten about that. This does look similar. I just watched Lynn saying "I thought he made some nice throws".

Gee Coach let it go, he's not looking any better this year than he did last year.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

I sense Lynn is getting over his pet. Stick had one very bad pass, but for a first game rookie debut - alot of good to be seen there. He seems more decisive, faster thinker, and better athlete.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                I sense Lynn is getting over his pet. Stick had one very bad pass, but for a first game rookie debut - alot of good to be seen there. He seems more decisive, faster thinker, and better athlete.
                At least Lynn gave Stick more reps than Shim last year. It's almost like Lynn kept the lid on Shim because he was rooting for his pet project, Kordell, to finally break out...not...

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I think Lynn is a good coach it is time to stop wasting time with Cardale Jones we seen enough in 3 years he doesn't have the mental make-up, no pocket awarness, no down field vision. The only reason I can think of putting him in any games going forward is mop up time in the 4th quarter or the last pre-season game where we taking all starters out early in the first, and second teamer out in the early second , then give way to Easton Stick if we want to see more of him other wise send Cardale Garbage Jones out there and cut him when time expires at the end of the game.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

in Marty's partial defense, Vanover worked out for him......in KC

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Last night was The Tranquill, Peace, Stick Show.

Easton Stick. 49-3 as a starting quarterback and two championships as a starter. First-team All-American at QB and Top 3 Walter Payton Award finalist. Ridiculous.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                        Last night was The Tranquill, Peace, Stick Show.

Easton Stick. 49-3 as a starting quarterback and two championships as a starter. First-team All-American at QB and Top 3 Walter Payton Award finalist. Ridiculous.
                        Pretty sure we'll see him as a starter eventually. Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Pretty sure we'll see him as a starter eventually. Maybe I'm wrong.
                          Maybe someday. But Tyrod played even better - clear visual difference between pro and rook was apparent. As expected.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X