• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Very doubtful...he would have to show up and lay a real stinker throughout the preseason. Lot of teams liked him, he would get poached immediately...we aren't giving away a 5th round pick like that.
    We'll see.
    Our fans tend to always think other teams will poach our PS players. Other teams have some decent PS players too and ours isn't filled with gold.
    ​​​​​​Most teams have 4 QBs on them, one i heard with 5 and some will get cut. Our guy isn't tops on everybody's list.

It's either going to be Cardale who gets cut or Stick but Stick has PS options, Cardale don't. Maybe they keep three QBs which we rarely do.....or not.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-29-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
      glutton for punishment
      • Jan 2019
      • Lake Arrowhead, CA
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We'll see.
      Our fans tend to always think other teams will poach our PS players. Other teams have some decent PS players too and ours isn't filled with gold.
      ​​​​​​Most teams have 4 QBs on them, one i heard with 5 and some will get cut. Our guy isn't tops on everybody's list.

It's either going to be Cardale who gets cut or Stick but Stick has PS options, Cardale don't. Maybe they keep three QBs which we rarely do.....or not.
      Dunno... I do agree that many think our guys are going to get poached and many times they do not... but this is a 5th rounder and he is a QB. Add in the fact that he is a physical freak on the ground and had impressive air numbers, albeit against inferior competition and I am relatively confident some other NFL team who carries 3 QBs would roster him. Watching his game tape makes me giddy... dude looks like a video game character out there.... legs moving so fast and his deep ball looks legit. One thing that does pop out of the video however, is that he is rarely throwing under duress.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

Dunno... I do agree that many think our guys are going to get poached and many times they do not... but this is a 5th rounder and he is a QB. Add in the fact that he is a physical freak on the ground and had impressive air numbers, albeit against inferior competition and I am relatively confident some other NFL team who carries 3 QBs would roster him. Watching his game tape makes me giddy... dude looks like a video game character out there.... legs moving so fast and his deep ball looks legit. One thing that does pop out of the video however, is that he is rarely throwing under duress.
        Well I certainly have no problem cutting Cardale, he sux. But, we never carry 3 QBs but if they feel he will get poached then by all means keep him on the roster,.... but somebody else has to go. One of our WRs may be the guy that gets cut and we carry 5.... or a RB, TE ,OL etc
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-29-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

We'll see.

We are a top 4 team in the NFL. We have a lot of talent. Teams will be looking at our PS without a doubt.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

With this draft we definitely have one of the deepest teams if not the deepest, particularly on D. Just sick.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

You must be right, Bolto...Beathard traded for a no-name LB in round 6...a few picks later, it was Brady...wow...
              and history might have repeated itself.... to a degree.

we pick Pipkins and they go out and get Cajuste.

we take Tranquill and they select Stidham.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

and history might have repeated itself.... to a degree.

we pick Pipkins and they go out and get Cajuste.

we take Tranquill and they select Stidham.
                Or maybe you will be wrong. There's always that possibility.
                I didn't see anybody else saying Stidham could be better than Tom Brady lol

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
                  Stick will easily go to the PS and stay there.
                  tend to agree, as will be (really) surprised if he earns a roster spot (over Cardale), let alone supplant Tyrod as our No. 2

and re: his winning record.... does anyone remember the guy from Idaho that SDSU hired BF (before Fisher) ?? his record was thru the roof w/a miniscule of losses, and....

how'd he do ?? and how did Steve enjoy himself his first year inheriting his recruits for a season while he went to work at establishing his vaunted chapter in Aztec basketball ??

also agree that Rypien will be the (much) better QB.... not to mention if we had parted w/our fourth for Stidham.

will also be surprised if Kelvin Harmon doesn't turn into a (very) solid NFL receiver.

not sure why peoples are so willing to write off our (Desmond King historical) fifth rounder as worthy of a gambit ??

and re: the long ball.... isn't it the short and intermediate routes that make a passing game in the NFL ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

We're so deep now that this might be the year no UDFA makes the initial 53
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Or maybe you will be wrong. There's always that possibility.
                      I didn't see anybody else saying Stidham could be better than Tom Brady lol
                      easy cowboy, and.... where did I say that (o' master of digging up my past posts)

eye think I referred to him as the most Bradyesque QB I had seen, and yes.... think he's gonna be beyond worth a fourth rounder and a def NFL starter.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Matt Waldman's 30 minute breakdown of Easton Stick:

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          We're so deep now that this might be the year no UDFA makes the initial 53
                          I see a couple of really fast guys that I think have a chance.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X