• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Facyson has the prototype size for gusD. Is there someone else to be CB#5/ST ?
    He has size but that's it right now. They resigned Watkins for a reason and he doesn't have the prototype size. Facyson has to be exceptional to make this team imo. Got nothing against him but he sure is no lock imo. Watkins the better player right now and more versatile.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He has size but that's it right now. They resigned Watkins for a reason and he doesn't have the prototype size. Facyson has to be exceptional to make this team imo. Got nothing against him but he sure is no lock imo. Watkins the better player right now and more versatile.
      I have Watkins as a Safety only.
      I see us keeping 10 DBs.
      You like Arrion Springs, Boltj ?
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I see us keeping 10 DBs.
        You do, but we don't know how they plan to use him since he got hurt so early. He has more CB experience and they like versatile players.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

I see us keeping 10 DBs.
          Lynn, TT and Bradley have all repeatedly mentioned Watkins as being able to do both. In an ideal world I expect they won't shift him around too much.

Even if they do leave Watkins at S, it would be stupid to ignore the fact he can play both S and CB, when putting the roster together. It won't win him the job outright, but if things are close, it gives him a huge leg up. That and the fact that he is a very good ST player.

It was injuries that have forced him to play both in Philly. It is a big part of why he was not able to focus on just one position when he was there. That is the reason he is here now.

Every team loves players who add depth to the team. It won't win you a job outright, but it is critical to roster building.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

don't know a whole lot 'bout Watkins, but recall that Facyson is a darn fine CB, w/his major flaw/consideration being his health. personally think Watkins has his work cut out for him to make the 53, as again personally think Adarius Pickett is not far from a Jahleel Addae 2.0 and a player that this coaching staff liked a fair bit.

Facyson is more the prototype Gus D. type player w/both a coupla few lbs. and inches on Watkins, and.... nothing to say that Pickett doesn't have more upside than Watkins as well ??

ps. if you could have Jahleel as your backup SS, wouldn't that be a welcome addition to your roster, and.... recall not being overly excited upon the signing of Watkins in the first place ??
            Last edited by beachcomber; 05-31-2019, 06:14 PM.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Facyson on the roster did not stop the team from resigning Watkins. No brainer.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

http://www.fanaticalyankeenfldraftscoutingreports.com/nfl-draft-scouting-reports/category/jaylen-watkins

http://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/20/report-49ers-bringing-in-defensive-back-jaylen-watkins/

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jaylen-watkins?id=2543707
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

http://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-2018-prospect-preview-brandon-facyson-is-a-sure-tackler-on-the-boundary

http://draftanalyst.com/brandon-facyson

http://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/36422/brandon-facyson

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Thanks for the links beachcomber. Easy research.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Facyson on the roster did not stop the team from resigning Watkins. No brainer.
                      Nor did Watkin's injury last year. i would be very surprised if he doesn't make the team. If Pickett shows them anything, the Charges won't play him much preseason & they'll hide him on their practice team. Nobodies going to poach him.

Addae wasn't exactly a hot commodity as a free agent this spring.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Nor did Watkin's injury last year. i would be very surprised if he doesn't make the team. If Pickett shows them anything, the Charges won't play him much preseason & they'll hide him on their practice team. Nobodies going to poach him.

Addae wasn't exactly a hot commodity as a free agent this spring.
                        Very true and he had the most snaps of any defensive player so I guess the snap count theory is a bust. It is puzzling why Addae had the most though being the weakest link out there,....to which they said "Jaleel, you are the weakest link, Goo-Bye!"
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-02-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Well I think Feeney took every OL snap, quanitity does not equate to quality lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X