Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

On the eve of training camp, the Los Angeles Chargers are planning to add another running back to their roster as Melvin Gordon appears set to holdout in search of a new contract.

According to Matt Zenitz of AL.com, the Chargers are going to sign former Alabama and Louisiana-Monroe running back Derrick Gore.

Gore was a tryout player with the Chargers during the team's rookie mini-camp in May. Gore went undrafted after rushing for 1,247 yards and 12 touchdowns in two seasons for Louisiana-Monroe. Gore transferred after serving as a walk-on with Alabama his first two years in college.

With Gordon and the Chargers apparently nowhere close to the same page in regards to Gordon's contract requests, it would seem to be a long shot that Gordon will report to camp anytime soon. Gordon would be placed on the reserve/did not report list, which would free up a space for Gore's addition.

If Gordon indeed doesn't show up, Gore would join Austin Ekeler, Justin Jackson, Detrez Newsome, Jeremy Cox and Troymaine Pope as running backs on the Chargers roster for the start of camp. The Chargers are clearly planning for that inevitability.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Get pumped up..............

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• screeme18
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2019
          • Send PM

Jatavis Brown on the PUP and Okung on Non Football Injury list to start camp.

I hadn't heard anything about Brown.

I hope they give some idea of whats up with Okung. We don't really have a good backup plan there.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by screeme18 View Post

I hope they give some idea of whats up with Okung. We don't really have a good backup plan there.
            That sucks. And an undisclosed Brown injury may be why they signed Davis.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That sucks. And an undisclosed Brown injury may be why they signed Davis.
              It's probably the same injury from the last game against the Broncos. Broken ankle? Probably hasn't fully recovered yet. Good thing we signed Davis, drafted Tranquil, and White is healthy.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by screeme18 View Post

No sweat re Okung. We have a UDFA ready to take over

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It's probably the same injury from the last game against the Broncos. Broken ankle? Probably hasn't fully recovered yet. Good thing we signed Davis, drafted Tranquil, and White is healthy.
                  Does a broken ankle take 7 months?

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Does a broken ankle take 7 months?
                    No idea. Some people heal quicker than others and vice versa. Brown has always been injury prone. With that being said, he's not really my main concern since he was depth anyways. Going to have to hope that Okung will be okay, or that Tevi pulls a Dielman and lights it up his second year like the latter did.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Okung will speak tomorrow about his medical issue.

Thanks for the report, Ian.

:cuss:
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

This is a much bigger issue than MGIII holding out......
                        LOS ANGELES CHARGERS Russell Okung Might Miss Chargers Training Camp with 'Serious Medical Issue'

ROB GOLDBERGJULY 24, 2019

Gene J. Puskar/Associated Press
                        Los Angeles Chargers offensive tackle Russell Okung dealt with a "pretty serious medical issue" last month but is "doing better," general manager Tom Telesco said Wednesday, per Daniel Popper of The Athletic.

The issue could cause him to miss all of training camp.

Okung missed the Chargers minicamp in June, and his timetable for a return was unknown at the time, per Eric Williams of ESPN.

According to Charean Williams of Pro Football Talk, right tackle Sam Tevi moved to the left side in Okung's absence while Trent Scott filled in at right tackle. The squad would presumably remain with this lineup as long as Okung is out, although rookie third-round pick Trey Pipkins could also enter the mix.

The Oklahoma State product hasn't had too much of a problem with injuries as of late, missing just two regular-season games over the past three seasons. He has also started all 118 games he has played in his NFLcareer after being selected sixth overall by the Seattle Seahawks in 2010.

The 31-year-old is heading into his third year with the Chargers, earning a Pro Bowl selection in 2017.

Okung was a key part of the team's offensive success last season, anchoring a line for a team that ranked in the top 10 in both rushing yards per attempt and sacks allowed.

An extended absence could be devastating for a team with high hopes going into 2019.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• screeme18
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2019
                          • Send PM

Just a wild ass guess, reading between the lines.. when Okung speaks, we'll find he had something serious, possibly career and/or life threatening depending on severity, that sapped him of energy and strength, but also something the team considered too personal to really comment on. I don't know what.. something like skin cancer.

Comment

Working...
                          X