• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Um, lately? The sky is falling everywhere lol.
    Not with me. SB ring number one on order.
    Last edited by Panamamike; 08-05-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

217f060bd26ba3169e13410be20a025b.jpg
      Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Its like a pitcher who goes to the minor leagues to make adjusments or work on a new pitch. They will get rocked because they are trying to learn a changeup or curve. Yet all that is reported is the ERA and runs given up that game. You never here about these details. Its camp. You expect guys to struggle as they learn the better and proper techniques. Charger fans love to panic on this stuff. Lamp was a bust in year 2. Shit even Mike Willaims was a terrible pick because he was hurt. Melvin Gordon was . bad pick because he put the ball on the ground his rookie year. Joey Bosa isnt elite because he was hurt all last year and it showed. Very little thought about what is happening behind the struggles. Its just time to purchase the best in the league etc. Some seem to think our cap space is around 300M. Every guy that gets cut we should pick up. Because of their name. Doesnt matter what it costs. lol Win now and if you fail sacrifice the future.

I would say the majority of fans are this way. The majority of the fans here at the Blues are not.

TO BE FAAAAAAAIR!

As fans we don't have access to all the inside info so it's hard to speculate on anything other than what we see. Many of the above were reactions to the current data that we had (mw being being injured looked bad year one, mg looked really bad year one as well and it was hard to know if he would do better, and lamp didn't play for two years and still hasn't shown us anything) other than the JB not elite overreaction, that's garbage.

Fans also tend to overvalue players who have done well for a bit and don't see the behind the scenes drama for the same reason. It's part of the fun of being a fan, you get to root for your team and also worry about them, building that bond.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Budsman; 08-05-2019, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

TO BE FAAAAAAAIR!

As fans we don't have access to all the inside info so it's hard to speculate on anything other than what we see. Many of the above were reactions to the current data that we had (mw being being injured looked bad year one, mg looked really bad year one as well and it was hard to know if he would do better, and lamp didn't play for two years and still hasn't shown us anything) other than the JB not elite overreaction, that's garbage.

Fans also tend to overvalue players who have done well for a bit and don't see the behind the scenes drama for the same reason. It's part of the fun of being a fan , you get to root for your team and also worry about them, building that bond.
        Don't forget also a part of the classic over reactions lol

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

QB * PR, Tyrod

RB * Ekeler, Jackson, Derek Watt, Jeremy Cox

WR * Keenan, MW, Travis B, Artavis

TE * Hunter, Virgil, Culkin

OT * Okung, (Tevi), Trent Scott, Pipkin

OG * Feeney, Lamp, Schofield, (Quessenberry)

OC * Pouncey

NT * Mebane, JJ

UT * Damion Square, Broughton, Tillery

DE * Joey, Rochell

LEO * Supa Mel

OTTO * Uchenna, Egbule Emeke

MIKE * Denzel, Dzubnar

WILL * Thomas Davis, Kyzir White, Jatavis

SS * Derwin, AP, Adarius Pickett

FS * Rayshawn, Nasir

CB * Hayward, Desmond King, Michael Davis, Trevor Williams, Facyson

K * Badgley

P * Ty Long, Tyler Newsome

LS * Mike Windt

ps * QB Easton Stick, WR Andre Patton, OG Larry Allen, LB Dru Tranquill, CB Kemon Hall

(edit: forgot the both of Scott 'n Sam.... added in parentheses above)
          Last edited by beachcomber; 08-06-2019, 11:02 AM.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            QB * PR, Tyrod

RB * Ekeler, Jackson, Derek Watt, Jeremy Cox

WR * Keenan, MW, Travis B, Artavis

TE * Hunter, Virgil, Culkin

OT * Okung, Trent Scott, Pipkin

OG * Feeney, Lamp, Schofield

OC * Pouncey

NT * Mebane, JJ

UT * Damion Square, Broughton, Tillery

DE * Joey, Rochell

LEO * Supa Mel

OTTO * Uchenna, Egbule Emeke

MIKE * Denzel, Dzubnar

WILL * Thomas Davis, Kyzir White, Jatavis

SS * Derwin, AP, Adarius Pickett

FS * Rayshawn, Nasir

CB * Hayward, Desmond King, Michael Davis, Trevor Williams, Facyson

K * Badgley

P * Ty Long, Tyler Newsome

LS * Mike Windt

ps * QB Easton Stick, WR Andre Patton, OG Larry Allen, LB Dru Tranquill, CB Kemon Hall
            You are well short of 53...Stick and Tranquil will not be on practice squad...they make the 53...still leaves you a couple short, unless I miscounted.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• RobH
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Tokyo, Japan
              • University English Lecturer
              • Send PM

Also, I sincerely doubt that Dzubnar makes the cut. Especially if the young guys can play special teams effectively.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                Also, I sincerely doubt that Dzubnar makes the cut. Especially if the young guys can play special teams effectively.
                That one almost slipped under people's radar: Dzub ahead of Tranquil on the depth chart behind Perryman.

If Schofield beats out Lamp & Tranquil is waived (beat out by Dzubner),

all hell will break lose here!

:what:

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You are well short of 53...Stick and Tranquil will not be on practice squad...they make the 53...still leaves you a couple short, unless I miscounted.
                  LB.... can tell by your sig that would not be your first choice, and.... can't believe him on the ps is not within the world of possibilities.

did forget Quessenberry, albeit other than that think that coupon/trader Tom has some work to do.

two guys eye would keep my eye on are IOL Tony Adams (Miami) and DL Hercules Mata'afa (Minny), and not to mention the inevitable vet cuts.

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                  yeah, was a little disappointed myself when he made the grade with last year's 53, and for now.... am surmising he does it again.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Pretty sure that's 50. I would like to see tranquil make it and I suspect they go 5 deep at wr. Lots of time to go but not a bad first draft.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      Sometimes teams hope a 3rd rounder can actually play. 7th rounders are projects.
                      Ideally yes, our first three picks start and contribute their first year, while everyone else is depth. But sometimes you take the risk on someone with tremendous upside. And if history has shown us anything, our top three picks don't always contribute right away. MW and Lamp from the 2017 draft being the best recent example. Luckily, we've been able to get guys in the later round to pick up the slack.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

I think beach has 49...but he forget Qberry and Tevi, and I would figure Stick and Tranquil. That gets us to 53...then maybe dump dzub or Pickett for a 5th wr.

Thanks for the roster Beach...easier to edit yours, than make one for myself...:beer:
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

No shot tranquil is on PS i agree. 0% chance

Comment

Working...
                          X