Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

^^^THIS^^^^

A better Benjamin??? I have no words that would not be crude. Just wow.......
    I had a similar reaction. Other than that they were both WRs, there is almost nothing similar in their games. Charlie was a master technician who ran extremely precise routes, was a tough gritty player who never stopped grinding, never stopped pushing to catch a defender in a momentary lapse to take advantage. He caught everything in his radius, he wasn't fast but he was the picture of reliable.

Benjamin has little to none of those key qualities. He is just fast.

KA is much like Charlie- but imo is / can be better if he has the similar longevity. Given that CJ is a HOFer, that is high praise imo.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

It would not surprise me if Benjamin did not make the final 53. Benjamin is not productive and there are a lot of young cheap guys pushing for a spot.

if we have a surprise cut thread, Benjamin would be my pick.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stormbringer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2019
        • Here
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        It would not surprise me if Benjamin did not make the final 53. Benjamin is not productive and there are a lot of young cheap guys pushing for a spot.

if we have a surprise cut thread, Benjamin would be my pick.
        I agree. I think if Cantrell has a solid camp there's strong possibility that Benjamin is let go. Given how much Keenan works from the slot (greater than 50% of the time, I believe), we could see a lot of Williams and Cantrell outside with Allen slot. From what I've read, Cantrell was moved around a lot in college, so it would be an easy swap to move Allen outside and Cantrell inside (and vice versa) at the line of scrimmage. I haven't seen Benjamin show anything that isn't easily replaceable--for a much lower price.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Benjamin will be on the roster if healthy, his speed opens up the field for everyone else. His key catch vs KC set up the win there, key catch & TD at Pit started the comeback. Lynn won't give that up for an unproven player. KA, MW, TB are 3 of 4-5 WRs that will make the roster.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Id also trade Benjamin for an OT with an equal contract amount.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
              Benjamin will be on the roster if healthy, his speed opens up the field for everyone else. His key catch vs KC set up the win there, key catch & TD at Pit started the comeback. Lynn won't give that up for an unproven player. KA, MW, TB are 3 of 4-5 WRs that will make the roster.
              I totally agree with that. I'll add that it's going to be fun to watch all the young guys trying to win the #4 & 5 spot.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

The last couple of years all 7 of the drafted rookies have made the team. Can TT do it again? This is the best roster in several years so it'll be more difficult for the young guys to stick this year. It won't be long now before we begin to learn about all the new players. Let the fun begin!
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  The last couple of years all 7 of the drafted rookies have made the team. Can TT do it again? This is the best roster in several years so it'll be more difficult for the young guys to stick this year. It won't be long now before we begin to learn about all the new players. Let the fun begin!
                  Stick is vulnerable if they need a roster slot but it will be tempting to try to keep him. Broughton will have to beat someone out, I think. Tranquill & Egbule make the 'teams better, provide good depth. Picks 1-3 are basic locks unless they mess it up somehow.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Stick is vulnerable if they need a roster slot but it will be tempting to try to keep him. Broughton will have to beat someone out, I think. Tranquill & Egbule make the 'teams better, provide good depth. Picks 1-3 are basic locks unless they mess it up somehow.
                    I see Cortez not only making the 53 but contributing to our DT rotation. He has the best first step, explosion at the snap, and active heavy hands to make a difference on 3rd down.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I see Cortez not only making the 53 but contributing to our DT rotation. He has the best first step, explosion at the snap, and active heavy hands to make a difference on 3rd down.
                      Could be he bumps Mcgill off. May the best man win!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stormbringer View Post

I agree. I think if Cantrell has a solid camp there's strong possibility that Benjamin is let go. Given how much Keenan works from the slot (greater than 50% of the time, I believe), we could see a lot of Williams and Cantrell outside with Allen slot. From what I've read, Cantrell was moved around a lot in college, so it would be an easy swap to move Allen outside and Cantrell inside (and vice versa) at the line of scrimmage. I haven't seen Benjamin show anything that isn't easily replaceable--for a much lower price.
                        Cantrell is not at all like Benjamin, he wouldn't take a speed slot / WR3 position. I'll be interested to see his adjustment from yr1 but he's not taking Benjamin's spot
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Stormbringer
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2019
                          • Here
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Cantrell is not at all like Benjamin, he wouldn't take a speed slot / WR3 position. I'll be interested to see his adjustment from yr1 but he's not taking Benjamin's spot
                          Oh, I realize he's not like Benjamin. If (and that's a big if) he shows in camp, I think we'll see him outside primarily, in the big-bodied Tyrel Williams role when Keenan moves into the slot...which is quite often. But he was used in the slot some in college. I could see him used there around the goal line to take advantage of his size.

Comment

Working...
                          X