• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

He had a season ending bunion and is on IR. It wasn't just any bunion though.
    Must have been a real funky bunion. I didn't know that was the reason. Has he had it removed or shaved off?
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Interior DL didn't make a lot of splash plays, but they played a lot better today. Add in Watkins doing a better job of recognizing things, and then just playing complimentary football on O helped a lot too.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Interior DL didn't make a lot of splash plays, but they played a lot better today. Add in Watkins doing a better job of recognizing things, and then just playing complimentary football on O helped a lot too.
        I hope they leave Watkins in even when Teamer gets healthy.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

He had a season ending bunion and is on IR. It wasn't just any bunion though.
          Wow!.... that sucks..... wanted to see him eventually get onto the field.....

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Wussy View Post

Must have been a real funky bunion. I didn't know that was the reason. Has he had it removed or shaved off?
            He is on IR for a hamstring injury.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Wussy View Post

Sorry I was just being sarcastic because he is one of those guys who wants to be 100% before he plays.

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Sorry I was just being sarcastic because he is one of those guys who wants to be 100% before he plays.

I really hope that is not the case. Because if he's that way then you don't belong on an NFL football field. Hell half of the NFL players most likely have some nagging injury and still play.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Sometimes the personnel decisions flummox me.

eg Watkins to Safety.

Tillery, maybe slow in getting strength back in the shoulder,
                  is starting to make his presence known.

Square refuses to be demoted.

Sly is giving us a dose of what we need.

Get well soon JJ, Mebane to round out our rotation.

Nwosu NFL top tier in QB hurries.

Boss/Ingram...deadly.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Huge injury red flags with Adderley pre-draft...any time a player misses the combine due to one injury, then gets a different injury during his pro day--forcing him to cancel it...that should be enough to scare a lot of teams off...and apparently, it did...except for the good old Bolts...
                    Telesco likes to target players specifically with injury history and then fans get surprised when this team leads the league in injuries lol.
                    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Analytics types who study it have determined that long term, there is no particular skill via the draft.

not sure I quite follow you here, as don't think you're inferring that all GMs draft alike and that there is no difference in skill/talent evaluation between GMs ??

But percentage-wise NE misses on their picks as often as everyone else.
                      and is this a true statement ?? speaking for myself, NE came pretty close to running the table in last year's draft, and.... sure they lay an egg some years, but just look @my example of N'awlins drafting the both of Ramcyzk and Erick McCoy.... is that an organization's draft philosophy/know how, or is just something that the avg GM would do just the same as the Saints ??

As far as the D this year, it is just a lot of bad things coming together at once. We have dumped the previous DT and now we are suffering from inexperience. I think we have good prospects who flash enough to make me think we will be fine going forward, but we have some lumps to take before they develop.
                      we are also the result of decisions made over the offseason by our FO, namely deciding not to sign Danny Shelton for pennies on the dollar and invest heavily in Brandon Mebane, who some analytics types had us playing better w/him on the bench, and.... not sure what the definition of "fine" is here, and again speaking personally will not be surprised if Tillery is a journeymen talent DT, and given that many pundits were not overly keen on him, 'specially his run D.

The LB are a big part of the problem. Davis is showing his age, and is slow to adapt to the new D. He is putting up a lot of tackles, but he is a step slow, and is not making the plays at the line like he has for his career. The rest of the LB flash ability, but no one stands out.
                      this one befuddles me a bit, albeit things are starting to lean toward the chance that signing Davis wasn't our best get.... (personally was in favor of signing the both of Jon Bostic and Jamie Collins at the other two LB positions, 'specially given that we have both Kyzir and Jatavis there, and that was before we drafted Drue as well).

The big thing to remember is that we are not playing the same D that we have been the last few years. We are being stuck in a nickel D, which has plain made us much slower D that in the past 2 years. We don't have the same aggressive play at S, and that makes the middle of our D weak. Those are the players that can have an impact on any play, and teams can avoid our edge players, minimizing their impact.
                      not sure how having an extra DB makes us a slower D, and my take is that anytime we have D. King on the field, we are the better for it, and.... again befuddled as to why we are sticking w/Teamer @SS, and not playing Jenkins there w/Jaylen @FS ??

As far as Ingram goes, I wouldn't call him a blitzer. He is best as an inside pass rusher, but since we aren't blitzing, that label is poor. He is basically playing the old Joker/Rover rush position from the Pagano D. We are using him to move around and gain mismatches. Right now, it is forcing teams to adjust their blocking, and it is freeing up Bosa. However, in time teams will start to ignore the mismatches that Ingram has, and leave the extra blockers outside (more often) to stop Bosa, and Ingram's production will rise. But none of it matters much unless the DT can keep the LB clean and exploit single blocking in the pass rush.
                      call him what you want.... I was talking about him if and when he might be playing @LB, which far as I know if you rush from the second level, it is commonly referred to as a "blitz ?" do agree he is best as an inside pass rusher, and have volunteered that many times, and.... the last bolded part is the biggest crux of the matter far as I can tell/am concerned, as not sure our D is @optimal effectiveness w/Mebane and Square @NT, and why I was encouraged w/the signing of Sylvester Williams, and am hoping he gets to see the field more going forward.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Telesco likes to target players specifically with injury history and then fans get surprised when this team leads the league in injuries lol.
                        Didn't realize that players like Lamp and Hunter Henry had injury history. Likewise, we should have passed on Bosa and Derwin given their injury history.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Except,....we aren't leading the league in injuries.

Comment

Working...
                          X