• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I'm guessing that he's talking about Mike Williams. If folks were freaking out about pick #191, they need to find a hobby.
    No he is talking about Cantrell. I think he is saying now he is being talked up when there was no hoopla about him when he was drafted.

Only beachcomber seems to not like MW for some reason.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-04-2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
      I don't think you understand my position. My position is that there is no experience behind the top three WRs on our roster, all of whom have missed time due to injury in the past three seasons. Artavis Scott has been a PC player for two seasons and has never made it to the regular roster. Cantrell was elevated to the regular roster the end of last season but was never in a game. Geremy Davis caught two passes four years ago, none since. Maybe Cantrell steps up this season, I hope so, but do you want to have your insurance policy be a guy who has never caught an NFL pass? This is why I wish we had a 4th receiver with some experience, like an Inman. I just hope that the Chargers don't lose KA or MW for any significant amount of time, because the offense will take a hit without a replacement that defenses have to respect.

Tyrell btw caught two passes his rookie season and took one of those 80 yards to the house. It was pretty apparent what we had in him. Cantrell is not in that league.
      That's essentially the same problem that every team in the league would have if their top three WRs go out. I wouldn't mind Inman back. But I supposed the coaching staff want to continue to develop the guys they have (who may have higher upside than Inman), just like they did with TW when he was here and green.

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

I want a player to do something before talking him up and/or putting expectations on. Cantrell. Sixth round draft pick a year ago. Never caught on an NFL pass. Show us what you got Dylan.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I want a player to do something before talking him up and/or putting expectations on. Cantrell. Sixth round draft pick a year ago. Never caught on an NFL pass. Show us what you got Dylan.
          I'm not sure how much expectations people really have for someone who will likely be our 5th or 6th WR.

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm not sure how much expectations people really have for someone who will likely be our 5th or 6th WR.
            Cantrell is No. 4 on the depth chart. That makes a difference, because if Keenan, Mike Will, or Trav Benj go down, he becomes the No. 3 WR. For a team that runs a lot of 3 WR sets, you need a capable No. 3 WR. Not saying Cantrell is not capable....I think he's got really good potential....but it's not ideal to have a 6th round draft pick with NFL experience put in that position. Especially if you have Super Bowl ambitions.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Cantrell is No. 4 on the depth chart. That makes a difference, because if Keenan, Mike Will, or Trav Benj go down, he becomes the No. 3 WR. For a team that runs a lot of 3 WR sets, you need a capable No. 3 WR. Not saying Cantrell is not capable....I think he's got really good potential....but it's not ideal to have a 6th round draft pick with NFL experience put in that position. Especially if you have Super Bowl ambitions.
              As I said I wanted us to draft a WR but the fact they didn't, I'll assume says something about how they feel about the guys we have.

Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick so let's see what the guy has instead of assuming he can't play. You have to get experience somewhere and in a game is the best way.
              Brown had over 1100 yards in his second season and only started 3 games. Not saying Cantrell is AB but let's see what he can do. And I also like Scott so I think we got some players who can step up.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-05-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

We'll see if he stays 4 or Scott or Davis move ahead of him when the season starts as the staff seems high on both of them as well. If he holds onto the #4 spot he'll have earned it by showing something (and I am pretty high on him). It would be great to have experienced studs at every backup position, but that is just not realistic especially given our salary cap space. I'm not terribly worried about how much experience our #4 receiver has, even given the injury history of the players ahead of him.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Can anybody tell me what we got back from CHI for trading Inman to them. From what I can see, we got nada.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Can anybody tell me what we got back from CHI for trading Inman to them. From what I can see, we got nada.
                    Pro-footbal-reference says conditional 7th round in 2018. Only one that was drafted in that round was Justin Jackson.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Pro-footbal-reference says conditional 7th round in 2018. Only one that was drafted in that round was Justin Jackson.
                      Thanks for that. Looks like CHI got a free rental.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Thanks for that. Looks like CHI got a free rental.
                        They just recouped the pick they traded to Buffalo for Cardale Jones.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          They just recouped the pick they traded to Buffalo for Cardale Jones.
                          The Chargers gave up a 7th to BUFF and got a 7th back as a comp pick, #251. I still don't see where we got anything for Inman. Maybe it was a conditional pick that didn't pay out.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X