• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post

But is it because the guy is not a good teacher of technique? or is it that they are so stupid? or are they that bad athletically? I really don't know. But I can't believe that so many picks are that uncoordinated.
    Which picks the 6th rounder or the udfa at tackle? We have a 6th rounder, a udfa, a second, a third stringer and a journeyman. This isn’t a boat load of talent here.

Comment

• UglyTruth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2018
      • Send PM

Only Tom Telesco would draft a massive project in the 3rd round for the OL instead of a more ready player.

Seriously, how is Telesco not getting more shit for drafting
      Pipkins in the 3rd freaking round and looked like a poor man’s Jeremy Clary in pre season.

Pipkins was projected everywhere as a 6th rounder at best and even a strong UDFA candidate. Yet the Chargers burn one of their top 3 picks on it.
      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Do the Steelers fire Tomlin after they have an off season? We were 12-4 last year and weren't good for years before Lynn got here.

The only team that seems to be good every year is New England
        Hasn’t Tomlin taken the Steelers to two Super Bowls? Maybe once Lynn has that type of success, he’ll have the same leeway as Mike Tomlin.

- 69-74 record
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
          Only Tom Telesco would draft a massive project in the 3rd round for the OL instead of a more ready player.

Seriously, how is Telesco not getting more shit for drafting
          Pipkins in the 3rd freaking round and looked like a poor man’s Jeremy Clary in pre season.

Pipkins was projected everywhere as a 6th rounder at best and even a strong UDFA candidate. Yet the Chargers burn one of their top 3 picks on it.
          I saw mocks with him projected anywhere from the 3rd to the 6th round. Everyone knew he was a project, but he has such tremendous upside that I did not mind the risk on drafting him in the 3rd.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think all of the olinemen, aside from maybe Schofield are very athletic so it is not that. Pat Meyers is in his 3rd season here. Does anyone see any of our young offensive linemen developing at all? I sure don't. The only two decent ones we had were guys we brought in from the outside in Okung and Pouncey and now with them both hurt we seem doomed. I realize nobody expected Scott to start this year but he and Tevi just look overmatched and continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.
            Okung and Pouncey looked developed! Pat Meyers did a great job there.

Meyers will probably be gone at the season's end.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Okung and Pouncey looked developed! Pat Meyers did a great job there.

Meyers will probably be gone at the season's end.
              I doubt it because he’s been Rivers guy since his first year in college.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I doubt it because he’s been Rivers guy since his first year in college.
                There’s a chance Rivers is gone too (retirement or trade).

- 69-74 record

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

I saw mocks with him projected anywhere from the 3rd to the 6th round. Everyone knew he was a project, but he has such tremendous upside that I did not mind the risk on drafting him in the 3rd.
                  Most wanted the guy from Oklahoma or Florida (St.?) in this draft. They got Tillery who many here didn't like. They had a good RT available in the 4rth round last year; they went with a linebacker hybrid.

A few big holes on offense because they invested in the D the last 3 years; it hasn't done squat this year.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

There’s a chance Rivers is gone too (retirement or trade).
                    Rivers could retire after this season - who knows. But there is zero chance he is traded.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Rivers could retire after this season - who knows. But there is zero chance he is traded.
                      True. He doesn’t have a contract for next year. Maybe he wants to go out quietly.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Feeney was a third rounder who had second round slotting and first round love @times during the draft process, Lamp was a second rounder who was universally acclaimed as a first rounder in many draft circles, Pip apparently had a third round grade in some NE draft circles (?), Tevi was fifth rounder, and Scott the usual/commoner UDFA that most every team has along its Oline.

don't think either of (especially) Rivers, nor Myers is going anywhere, and ditto for our HC, DC and OC.... (they don't suck).

and Charge! how has your Dliner Solomon Thomas done for/in SF ??

and yes…. all (past/feng shui) indications point to PR getting hot sooner than later.
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

gonna need all 7 rounds of O-Line next draft, tonight was a nightmare.

We all have seen Rivers throw to guys off the street, but with no blocking not even Randy Moss could catch TD's.

Comment

Working...
                          X