• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Yeah, something is really wrong there. However, its all so young: Feeney, Lamp, Tevi, Scott, Pipkens - Jesus Christ. They have no veteran depth in the Oline & it has killed them.
    Blame Telesco & Lynn, although the Oline coach is not distinguishing himself. I was always a bit concerned about how he was a strength & conditioning coach for a long time.
    Maybe we get to see some groy this weekend but doubt it with Lynn's approach to personnel changes. I still don't like Feeney at center. We need a better solution

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Maybe we get to see some groy this weekend but doubt it with Lynn's approach to personnel changes. I still don't like Feeney at center. We need a better solution
      How about Q-berry?

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

How about Q-berry?
        I'm all for trying new things. I don't see Feeney as a center.

I wouldn't mind seeing what lamp can do at tackle too. Clearly what they're doing isn't working.
        ​​​​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

After this season Philip is a FA. He can sign anywhere he wants.
          Its a long commute from San Diego to Nashville.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

True but I don't seem him going anywhere. He wants to be close to his family and I doubt he relocates them out of SD area.
            I'd agree but now who knows. Maybe he is tired of this OL train wreck and thinks like some here....that his best chance at a SB is elsewhere.
            It is hard to imagine but his time is limited and maybe he is tired of the OL circus here.

He looked pretty down in that press conference

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

can't believe that chasing down the either of Tunsil nor Donald Penn would be in the Chargers best long-term interest ??
              and was Tillery a good pick ?? how is it that he is losing snaps to both Mebane & Square ?? McGary or Ford woulda been brave Telesco selections.

still think the biggest need on the Oline going forward, is @the OC
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                can't believe that chasing down the either of Tunsil nor Donald Penn would be in the Chargers best long-term interest ??
                and was Tillery a good pick ?? how is it that he is losing snaps to both Mebane & Square ?? McGary or Ford woulda been brave Telesco selections.

Pats make good with a free agent center, he gets injured, they put in his replacement & they still roll. Chargers rolled with a backup center (Mckow..?) in 2009, when Hardwick went down the majority of the season. Something is going on with this organization that is not good.

I wanted Cody Ford and initially hated the Tillery pick. I gave Telesco the benefit of the doubt.
                Last edited by powderblueboy; 10-14-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Tunsil, yes. Donald Penn is 36 - not exactly a long term solution.

Comment

• El_Tee
                    I’m No Noob
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Disney World, FL
                    • Send PM

*** THIS WAS POSTED UNDER VENTS, I DIDN’T SEE THIS THREAD ***

This is Telesco’s OL draft and FA analysis:

2013: DJ Fluker first round. Couldn’t make it work. Starting for a better team right now. Whiff.

2014: Chris Watt third round. Didn’t make it in league. Whiff.

2015: Not a single OL pick

2016: Max Tuerk third round. No longer in league. Whiff. Also Donavon Clark seventh round. No longer in league. Whiff.

2017: The infamous Lamp (second round), Feeney (third round), Tevi (sixth rounder as starting RT) draft. We could argue all day whether they belong on the team.

2018: Dan Quessenberry fifth round. Still on team. Whiff.

2019: Trey Pipkins third round. Total reach. Project. Probable whiff.

Free agents:

We overpaid for Orlando Franklin, one and done.

We signed Okung, he’s been solid when playing. Currently out and may be forced into retirement.

This was just info I could find, I’m sure I’ve missed something amazing that makes Telesco an OL draft god.

The purpose of this was to illustrate how Telesco’s MO is to build teams through the draft and rewarding our own. This is what happens when you skate on thin ice, overachieve in 2018 and decide that the status quo will be fine in 2019.

It’s obvious by a 6 year sample size that he hasn’t got a clue in evaluating and growing talent on the OL.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Tunsil, yes. Donald Penn is 36 - not exactly a long term solution.
                      you woulda given up that much draft capital for a guy that didn't exactly come roarin' outta the gates, and has a rather questionable set of intangibles/mindset ?? ….not eye,
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

you woulda given up that much draft capital for a guy that didn't exactly come roarin' outta the gates, and has a rather questionable set of intangibles/mindset ?? ….not eye,
                        I would not make that trade if I were a GM, but I would not have been terribly upset if TT had done it as Scott is not an NFL tackle at this point.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                          This is Telesco's OL draft and FA analysis:

2013: DJ Fluker first round. Couldn't make it work. Starting for a better team right now. Whiff.

2014: Chris Watt third round. Didn't make it in league. Whiff.

2015: Not a single OL pick

2016: Max Tuerk third round. No longer in league. Whiff. Also Donavon Clark seventh round. No longer in league. Whiff.

2017: The infamous Lamp (second round), Feeney (third round), Tevi (sixth rounder as starting RT) draft. We could argue all day whether they belong on the team.

2018: Dan Quessenberry fifth round. Still on team. Whiff.

2019: Trey Pipkins third round. Total reach. Project. Probable whiff.
                          13 * Star (still whincing over that one, and prolly forever will)

14 * ironically enough TT now has Scho from six picks later than Watt, and Jaylen Watkins six pix after that again.... personally liked Bryan Stork (GM'n ain't easy), and LB Carl Bradford.... fwiw Tre Boston was later that year, as was another player eye liked for us, Ryan Carrethers, and.... not to mention the once Great Marion Grice (who I liked quite a bit as well

15 * campaigned heavily for the Mariota swap and liked Cam Erving for us as part of a trade scenario :O

16 * Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin, Tunsil, Taylor Decker, and my personal fave Jason Spriggs.... would any of those been a better get than Joey, and not to mention post DJ (F!uker ?) would any of yah thought to get Dak that year, or again one of my personal faves that year.... Scooby Wright (but oh so wrong)

17 * right up there w/passing on Lotulelei for me as was heavily campaigning for this selection @7 overall (Ramczyk), albeit to be fair was equally entrenched w/Malik McDowell (big whoopsy mcdoodle there)…. woulda loved us some Kareem Hunt that year as well, and.... TT did land us a sensational round five talent/value in DK.

18 * things get interesting here, and wondering how honest are you w/yourself going forward.... would you of taken the any of Ragnow, Price or Wynn ahead of Derwin ?? (personally think two of the three might well end up being better selections than King James.... how far did Weddle get us ?) Austin Corbett and Braden Smith went earlier than most peoples thought they would that year and before we drafted in round two, and.... would you have opted for the any of Connor Williams, Brian O'Neill or Orlando Brown over Uchenna (and what if I told you that eye suspect all woulda been the better long-term selection for us rather than Nwosu ?) and would you have taken Tyrell (Crosby) over Kyzir that year ?? (again that might well pan out as having been a better long-term pick for us ?) would you of gone with Jamarco Jones over the Q in round five, and.... would thatta been the better get ??

19 * Jerry or Kaleb McGary, Greg Little, Cody Ford, Dalton Risner, Elgton Jenkins or Eric McCoy, and.... what if I told you even the first 50 picks are a crap shoot and that only 50 percent of those six Olinemen might be the better get than Tillery ?? and who's the better OT.... Pip or Yodny ?? and would you've opted for Isaiah Prince over the either of Easton or Egbule ??

Comment

Working...
                          X