• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Popper's plan is pretty much mine...he must be reading my posts!!

Of course...the trick is to add at least one upgrade via FA...Guard for instance...but you not only have to find a guy that fits us, but you have to be able to afford them...and they actually have to want to come here. If we are willing to pay them x amount of dollars, so will other teams, and probably the teams they are already members of as well.

Another issue is whether we will actually be able to add that blue chip tackle in the first round. Even if Rivers returns, we may not be able to pass up a QB, picking as high as we are...who knows what TT is thinking, really...

Fans make plans, and God laughs...
    Once again, pick up your quarterback after you get your blue chip tackle. I like the drafting of Wills....Thomas, of course, would be nicer.

Telesco's plan might be reduced to step 4 of Popper's plan.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The huge assumption is that Andrew Thomas, Tristen Wirfs, or Dedrick Wills are plug n play, or even scheme fits that interest our decision makers and staff.

It is a false premise that if we draft an OT, at 6, all will automatically be good.

Overinvest at Oline to the detriment of the whole team.
      Well....we tried underinvesting last offseason, and look where we are. I had hoped our youngins would step up...they didn't...and vets were injured, and it was a disaster. Is there a worse group on the team? WRs, DBs, LBs, RBs, pass rushers....all other areas of the team are in better shape than the oline, so why wouldn't we make changes there...the next worse area would be the dline...we should want to fix the worst areas of the team...guess that makes me a trencher...

The whole football world, pundits and fans, sees our oline for what it is...why can't you? Even TT said we have work to do there...I hope to god it isn't a reshuffle of what we have, plus another small school project...

It's a huge assumption that our decision makers and staff are interested in adding any type of skill player early in this draft, such as Jeudy or Dobbins...

It is a false premise that any pick made at 6 will instantly make this team good...but you sure as hell try for that to happen, or you shouldn't be running a football team.

If you want to make the team better now...as in next season...the oline needs serious investment. If your looking a bit further down the road...then I could see BPA type picks, which could be skill players.

I guess it's gonna depend on how long TT thinks he has to work on this...
      Last edited by Lone Bolt; 01-08-2020, 05:37 AM.
      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

8 to 10 million for Schofield for depth is too steep. Popper called him a fringe starter but he isn't that good.
        8-10 million on a backup guard
        a starting level guard’s contract in FA
        and re signing Rivers, presumably to his going rate
        oh and praying for health.

So what happens to Bosa? Henry? Any other FA?
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Well....we tried underinvestinglast offseason, and look where we are. I had hoped our youngins would step up...they didn't...and vets were injured, and it was a disaster. Is there a worse group on the team? WRs, DBs, LBs, RBs, pass rushers....all other areas of the team are in better shape than the oline, so why wouldn't we make changes there...the next worse area would be the dline...we should want to fix the worst areas of the team...guess that makes me a trencher...

The whole football world, pundits and fans, sees our ol Even TT said we have work to do there...I hope to god it isn't a reshuffle of what we have, plus another small school project...

It's a huge assumption that our decision makers and staff are interested in adding any type of skill player early in this draft, such as Jeudy or Dobbins...

It is a false premise that any pick made at 6 will instantly make this team good...but you sure as hell try for that to happen, or you shouldn't be running a football team.

If you want to make the team better now...as in next season...the oline needs serious investment. If your looking a bit further down the road...then I could see BPA type picks, which could be skill players.

I guess it's gonna depend on how long TT thinks he has to work on this...
          Oh I am itching to post this essay...

In 2019, we invested a third round draft pick in Trey Pipkins and gave him significant snaps. Before that, only Jonah Williams and Andre Dillard were deemed targets.

In 2020, I have proposed acquiring Joe Haeg ($/$$) and Ben Bartch (Round 4). Do you know who these men are ? TT and I do not believe in splash sightings.

I will go into even greater detail and take a deeper dive soon. For starters, you are misquoting TT. In the second place, there are many, many mocks posted by pundits and fans that do not have us taking an OT at 6.

Now lower your tone of voice at me. Go to some anger management courses. Most of all, go have some tacos with Daniel.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Oh I am itching to post this essay...

In 2019, we invested a third round draft pick in Trey Pipkins and gave him significant snaps. Before that, only Jonah Williams and Andre Dillard were deemed targets.

In 2020, I have proposed acquiring Joe Haeg ($/$$) and Ben Bartch (Round 4). Do you know who these men are ? TT and I do not believe in splash sightings.

I will go into even greater detail and take a deeper dive soon. For starters, you are misquoting TT. In the second place, there are many, many mocks posted by pundits and fans that do not have us taking an OT at 6.

Now lower your tone of voice at me. Go to some anger management courses. Most of all, go have some tacos with Daniel.
            A reach,and an acknowledged project with upside, he was never meant to see the level of action he did...I have high hopes for him...but hopes didn't get it done last year. Keep some of these hopefuls if you must, even give Tevi and Scott another camp...but this year let's make "hope they step up" the back up plan, and insure ourselves with and addition or two, FA or draft. Status quo is insanity...repeating the same thing over and over, expecting different results, yada yada yada...

I won't be needing an essay to convince...the oline is low hanging fruit because it's a no brainer..its easy to criticize....because the problems are obvious...no need to be clever and find the real, true, secret, hard to see problem...no reading of bones, no scrying of tea leaves...neglect the oline to the detriment of success next season. Simple.

I didn't misquote by the way...I paraphrased...I watched the presser same as you...he tried to down play it, but he definitely alluded/said there was work to do on the line.

And I will not lower my voice, CUZ IM NOT YELLING!!!!

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

TT said that there are things up front thar must be fixed, obviously. That is hardly status quo.

As you stated in another post, we may not be able to draft at OT at 6. Agreed. At 6, I would prioritize talent level and impact over PON.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Send PM

Agreed....doesn't have to be 6...but a high pick should be considered...and due diligence in FA...more than one way to skin a cat...but skin it we must.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Once again, pick up your quarterback after you get your blue chip tackle. I like the drafting of Wills....Thomas, of course, would be nicer.

Telesco's plan might be reduced to step 4 of Popper's plan.
                  I liked Poppers plan. Not sure Schofield at those dollars. One thing that needs to be accounted for, Okung and Pouncey are closer to the end. So this is just about drafting/signing two players, I think its at least one FA signing and two more in the draft.

As for Wills, Wirfs or Thomas - its damn time Telesco and Lynn get on the same page about the player they want. I know Telesco signed Franklin, he got Okung, Pouncey, but if Wirfs is the best prospect for the offense they want to run - so be it. Even if Thomas is supposedly higher ranked by McShay and Kiper.

My plan would be
                  1) Scott and Tevi - try them both at OG and if one sticks on the roster, swing guy at worst
                  2) Schofield is fine
                  3) Free Agency - need to get somebody else, Humphries, Scherff, etc
                  4) The Draft - preferably at 6 trade back, I don't know who - but maybe get an extra pick in round 3. and with those first four picks - OL, DL, WR and OL. I just don't want WR in the first round as there is a lot of WR depth. Get your booked OT
                  5) The roster - hopefully have TEN, yes 10 players on the active roster of which 9 are always active. Screw a 4th TE - get as much beef on the OL as possible

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

TT said that there are things up front thar must be fixed, obviously. That is hardly status quo.

As you stated in another post, we may not be able to draft at OT at 6. Agreed. At 6, I would prioritize talent level and impact over PON.
                    always take talent over need but just because TT doesn't get OT at the 6th pick - he also cannot wait until the 4th round or later. OT needs to be round 1 or 2 at worse

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I liked Poppers plan. Not sure Schofield at those dollars. One thing that needs to be accounted for, Okung and Pouncey are closer to the end. So this is just about drafting/signing two players, I think its at least one FA signing and two more in the draft.

As for Wills, Wirfs or Thomas - its damn time Telesco and Lynn get on the same page about the player they want. I know Telesco signed Franklin, he got Okung, Pouncey, but if Wirfs is the best prospect for the offense they want to run - so be it. Even if Thomas is supposedly higher ranked by McShay and Kiper.

My plan would be
                      1) Scott and Tevi - try them both at OG and if one sticks on the roster, swing guy at worst
                      2) Schofield is fine
                      3) Free Agency - need to get somebody else, Humphries, Scherff, etc
                      4) The Draft - preferably at 6 trade back, I don't know who - but maybe get an extra pick in round 3. and with those first four picks - OL, DL, WR and OL. I just don't want WR in the first round as there is a lot of WR depth. Get your booked OT
                      5) The roster - hopefully have TEN, yes 10 players on the active roster of which 9 are always active. Screw a 4th TE - get as much beef on the OL as possible
                      Wirfs has yet to declare and reported that he will return to Iowa for his Senior year.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

ninja has reported that Durant in round 4 is great value
                        vs the round 1 OTs !

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Wirfs has yet to declare and reported that he will return to Iowa for his Senior year.
                          Probably saw a few mocks of him going to Chargers, didn't want to be on a silent count 16 games a year....

Laughing so hard, I'm crying...no....really....laughing....( sniffle...)

Comment

Working...
                          X