• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Next year should offer a good LT class.

If Pipkens is not ready, they are in trouble.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It is easy to put lots of spin on this.

Andre Dillard--remember him ? LAC fans had a man crush and were crushed when we did not draft him. Why mention him ? He is Peters' successor at OLT in PHI. Dillard is a bust--and he has been trade bait. That's crazy-this is one year after taking him at 22 overall.

PHI must like the idea of a right side of Jason Kelce--Jason Peters--Lane Johnson, now that the great Barrett Brooks is hurt.

It's great to be talking a little football, X !

Eric Fisher: 6'7" - 304; Andre Dillard: 6'5" - 306; Trey Pipkens: 6'6" - 309; Jason Spriggs: 6'6" - 301

You have to be careful with these bulked up tight ends; It took years for #1 pick Eric Fisher to be a decent LT. Dillard will need time.
      Early indications are that Pip is taking well to NFL weight rooms and vitamin shakes.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Eric Fisher: 6'7" - 304; Andre Dillard: 6'5" - 306; Trey Pipkens: 6'6" - 309; Jason Spriggs: 6'6" - 301

You have to be careful with these bulked up tight ends; It took years for #1 pick Eric Fisher to be a decent LT. Dillard will need time.
        Early indications are that Pip is taking well to NFL weight rooms and vitamin shakes.
        Ha ha ha.
        I see what you did there.
        :lol:
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Lamp was a 2nd rd OT/G that played all his college ball at LT. He was projected at OG because of arm length. He was a pretty darn good LT and may open a few eyes if he gets a chance.
          Really, I won't assume anything about our OL given the changes in scheme, OL coach and personnel, other than it will be different.

Comment

• Classic
            Hall Of Fame
            • Dec 2014
            • Send PM

As long as that OL is not a 1st round caliber OL then Telesco won't take him. His confidence in 1st round OL was shattered by D.J Fluker. Get ready for carbon copies of Dan Feeney and Chris Watt in later rounds.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

As long as that OL is not a 1st round caliber OL then Telesco won't take him. His confidence in 1st round OL was shattered by D.J Fluker. Get ready for carbon copies of Dan Feeney and Chris Watt in later rounds.
              Remember how it was rumored that Telesco liked Garrret Boles at pick #7 & almost drafted him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Lamp was a 2nd rd OT/G that played all his college ball at LT. He was projected at OG because of arm length. He was a pretty darn good LT and may open a few eyes if he gets a chance.
                Really, I won't assume anything about our OL given the changes in scheme, OL coach and personnel, other than it will be different.
                I think for most Chargers fans - many years now : one of the main questions has always been "How will the OL be this year?" And I get last year Okung had the medical issue in June so well after FA so harder to get a player that can help; and than Pouncey got hurt. But again, this year. Granted, Turner and Bulaga on the right side should be better than Schofield/Tevi. So if that happens, thats a plus of course. Pouncey back at Center over Qberry - probably a positive but Qberry is good depth.

So that brings us to LG/LT. Right now its Feeney and Pip. I get the bar is low but can the guys they have just be better than Feeney and Trent Scott. Thats it. I am bullish or just a fan of 40+ years where hope springs eternal. #BoltUP

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think for most Chargers fans - many years now : one of the main questions has always been "How will the OL be this year?" And I get last year Okung had the medical issue in June so well after FA so harder to get a player that can help; and than Pouncey got hurt. But again, this year. Granted, Turner and Bulaga on the right side should be better than Schofield/Tevi. So if that happens, thats a plus of course. Pouncey back at Center over Qberry - probably a positive but Qberry is good depth.

So that brings us to LG/LT. Right now its Feeney and Pip. I get the bar is low but can the guys they have just be better than Feeney and Trent Scott. Thats it. I am bullish or just a fan of 40+ years where hope springs eternal. #BoltUP
                  And having sex with the 60's version of Raquel Welch should be better than having it with Kaitlyn Jenner.

Comment

• Portland1961
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hillsboro Oregon
                    • Construction Re-roof Estimator
                    • Send PM

Maybe the later 60's for Raquel Welch. I remember her from high school before she went to Vegas as a dancer. Work done there to improve her looks. But the high school version still better then Kaitlyn Jenner,

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

And having sex with the 60's version of Raquel Welch should be better than having it with Kaitlyn Jenner.
                      Barbarella Raquel on the beach! Yowsah

As for the Chargers OL - yes the bar was pretty low last year especially without Okung and Pouncey. Though QBerry did pretty well. But any improvement at all will be a drastic difference I do believe.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Feeney and Trent Scott can be better this year than they were last.
                        The question is: How effective will the OL group be with a new QB in a 2020 Steichen offense, new OL coach, new R/ side starters?
                        My guess is that Pipkins- Feeney- Pouncey- Turner- Bulaga will surprise in a good way.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Portland1961 View Post
                          Maybe the later 60's for Raquel Welch. I remember her from high school before she went to Vegas as a dancer. Work done there to improve her looks. But the high school version still better then Kaitlyn Jenner,
                          you're a Viking?

Comment

Working...
                          X