• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Like I have read on another post, when one of Okung or Pouncey is not in the game, the Chargers are 5-6 the last 2 seasons (17-15) When the two are not there, it is 0-6 ! 17-9 when they are in.
    If they have a last season in the tank, let them play it. If Pouncey is injured, Qberry can do the job. If Okung is injured, we are in trouble. Draft a LT.
    But when Poucey was out was it QBerry "doin the job" in the losses?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

But when Poucey was out was it QBerry "doin the job" in the losses?
      Well, let's take a close look at Q-Berry's stats. 9 starts, only 1 sack allowed. Not bad, though they don't list pressures here.

image.png
      http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/p...=31125&team=24

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Like I have said, Telesco and Lynn need to upgrade the OL and if they think its upgraded; go back again and look and add a player. And than again. I want MORE OL depth this year. Not what last year was.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
          • Feb 2019
          • Midwest
          • Local 150 operating engineer.
          • Send PM

What is amazing is how much effect just having one or both of either Pouncy or Okung in the game. And we know Okung was not 100%. Yet the difference was noticeable.

This is the biggest issue to figure out going into next season. Are these two gonna play and can they stay healthy.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post
            What is amazing is how much effect just having one or both of either Pouncy or Okung in the game. And we know Okung was not 100%. Yet the difference was noticeable.

This is the biggest issue to figure out going into next season. Are these two gonna play and can they stay healthy.
            But even if they are healthy - TElesco needs to prepare that this is there last year. Thats why I think at least THREE OL needed to be added and that includes keeping Schofield. One in Free Agency and two in the draft. I am fine if Tevi is on the roster as an OG or a back up - but not a starter. Telesco needs to do a better job and for me - if he goes overboard on OL - thats fine. Its past time.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post

OR.......

We could be active early in FA, if the players available merit it, and sign younger vets heading into their prime.

Example. Graham Glasgow (OC/OG) on a 4-5 year $9-$12 million annually and Jack Conklin on a 4-6 year $13-$16 million annually deals.

This would solidify 2 positions going forward with guys that logged 58 & 57 starts over their first 4 years.

We could then cut, restructure contracts, or trade Russ and Mike. Pouncey cap hit is not bad so he can easily be retained within our cap structure.
              Our starting Oline right now, Okung-Feeney-Pouncey-Lamp-Tevi, all have their contracts expiring in 2021. Horrible idea to go into the 2020 season like that.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

OR.......

We could be active early in FA, if the players available merit it, and sign younger vets heading into their prime.

Example. Graham Glasgow (OC/OG) on a 4-5 year $9-$12 million annually and Jack Conklin on a 4-6 year $13-$16 million annually deals.

This would solidify 2 positions going forward with guys that logged 58 & 57 starts over their first 4 years.

We could then cut, restructure contracts, or trade Russ and Mike. Pouncey cap hit is not bad so he can easily be retained within our cap structure.
                Our starting Oline right now, Okung-Feeney-Pouncey-Lamp-Tevi, all have their contracts expiring in 2021. Horrible idea to go into the 2020 season like that.

Pouncey and Okung are worth 18m of cap space at this time - meaning if they are waived the Cap will increase that much. It could be tough decisions to make but the Chargers cannot go in thinking they are good and health issues pop up. I get Okung came in June. But they need to be 100% at the time decisions made. It can't be - well its 80/20 he is good to go. It has to be 100% at the time

As you are correct -with 18m of cap space the Chargers could sign two names you mention. I have no idea why TElesco kept Benjamin, or what he saw in Mebane but this is not time for sentiment. Pouncey and Okung are good players and obviously - if both are healthy and you can bring back Schofield, add a player in FA and draft one - your OL is better. But if they aren't healthy, need to take the cap savings and do something about it.

Comment

• El_Tee
                  I’m No Noob
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Disney World, FL
                  • Send PM

Said it before, we spent ~$20m on Mebane, Tyrod, Benji, Davis.

Couldve gotten 3-4 upgrades on the OL. There were value bodies in the $5m-$7m range for sure.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                    Said it before, we spent ~$20m on Mebane, Tyrod, Benji, Davis.

Couldve gotten 3-4 upgrades on the OL. There were value bodies in the $5m-$7m range for sure.
                    who do you like this offseason ??

personally would spend that $20m on Whitworth ($7.5m) and Conklin ($12.5m)…. would also follow that up w/Quinton Spain @OG.

not gonna happen, and.... if Andrew gets beat out in camp you can cut him.... otherwise am pretty certain he'll sign for a similar term to Rivers.... 2 years that's really a one year swan song contract.

and guessin' you'd have to sign Conklin to a three year deal, albeit hopefully there would be a reasonable out after the second year.

would also jettison Feeney for a draft pick and not sure Scott sticks around ?? ….also don't see the merits in resigning an avg Scho ??

and just don't follow/get the hope & pray logic (or lack thereof) for Russ 'n Mike ?? why would you derail a season a second time in a row, knowing not only what you know from just this last season, but from the get go when you signed the both of 'em…. they were both notable injury concerns/risks upon signing initial contracts here.

do see Pip as our swing tackle, Groy as the backup OC unless unseated by a new arrival.... hopefully Lamp can figure it out @LG, and hopefully Q takes that proverbial next step @the OC ??

LT * Whitworth (name your better tackle if you're one of the AW complainers/ranters, and yes.... would love AT too)
                    LG * Forrest
                    OC * Q, Groy
                    RG * Q Spain, Sam
                    RT * Jack, Pip

my guy in the draft, Trey Smith, just announced he is returning to school, so as of now have no prospect that am backing in the draft.... outside of the improbable drafting of Thomas @6.

and yes, would invite Scott to camp.... just not sure he makes the grade ??
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Beachy, I saw Thomas mocked at pick 10 in a recent draft. Who knows.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

OR.......

I know you’re pretty involved with numbers/years so I trust your estimates fairly well
                        if we can really get a younger vet like Glasgow for 12/year max, I’d be on board
                        if we’re going to take risks with FAs, at least target guys young enough to be considered for an extension
                        imo most important OL position is C, it’s why I banged the table for Alex Mack before he signed with Atlanta
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Like I have read on another post, when one of Okung or Pouncey is not in the game, the Chargers are 5-6 the last 2 seasons (17-15) When the two are not there, it is 0-6 ! 17-9 when they are in.
                          If they have a last season in the tank, let them play it. If Pouncey is injured, Qberry can do the job. If Okung is injured, we are in trouble. Draft a LT.
                          This statement holds true for most Teams. They are our two best OL Players when healthy. If their is a great LT In FA I would make that upgrade. Not sure what going on with guy From Redskins. We also need a hit a home run on a RB. Chubb kinda RB. On defense LB should be the focus.

Then Rivers has a chance.

Comment

Working...
                          X