• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Ironically, since Lamp has the least experience on the line, he may have the most growth potential.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I love the roll out I think Bauer is mistaken. It puts a ton of pressure on the defense when there is the threat of the QB run. I think it is the offense of the future. Make the defense commit to stopping the pass or the QB run and do the opposite.
      Given the current OL, i also think it helps to not have the DL always know exactly where he will be standing. They are pinning their ears back far enough as it is. As a wise member posted the other day - NE was running a 3-on-5 jailbreak
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Hundreds of simulations at TDN has given me a much clearer picture than what most others have.

They have a solid big board.

Compare it to Pro Football Network, On the Clock, Drafftek, anybody you care to.

Add in NFL Draft Scout, Ourlads.

Do some leg work.

There are always missing pieces, especially this year.

It's going to be quite a Senior Bowl...and quite a ninja Top 150.

Don't give me shit for putting the work in.
        No sir, no shit givin, just not a fan of unrealistic simulators. Just a boredom thing for me

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Ironically, since Lamp has the least experience on the line, he may have the most growth potential.
          I want Lamp back more than Tevi. Even if he is just an option as a backup time OG/OT

I am good with Feeney back

I am also good with Turner - he is only 27. Maybe get in better shape. Cap hit is 11m

Cannot have an entirely new OL - but need some modifications/ But need 2 picks by Round 4 and maybe a third pick of the current 9 to be OL.

Comment

• eaterfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I want Lamp back more than Tevi. Even if he is just an option as a backup time OG/OT

I am good with Feeney back

I am also good with Turner - he is only 27. Maybe get in better shape. Cap hit is 11m

Cannot have an entirely new OL - but need some modifications/ But need 2 picks by Round 4 and maybe a third pick of the current 9 to be OL.
            I don't understand this line of reasoning. Why can't we have an all new offensive line. They all stink and it's the worst line in the NFL. I guess there's a risk it could be worse, but it has to be much smaller than the reward would be for replacing everyone with good players. Yeah, they might have communication breakdowns and let up a sack or two, but that's still probably better than what's happening now. If the guys can't play we're going to have to replace them anyway, why not get a jump on continuity with the new linemen? I understand if people are just saying it's impossible to bring in that many guys with the salary cap situation and the limited number of draft picks, but I don't like the continuity argument.

It's like the we need to hire a head coach with experience. We need a good head coach. Lynn has head coaching experience now. He's not magically going to better at clock management at his next job because of this. I really didn't understand why people were excited for Mike McCarthy. He's a bad coach, just because he was out of the league and had coaching experience before doesn't make him a good coach now.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I don't understand this line of reasoning. Why can't we have an all new offensive line. They all stink and it's the worst line in the NFL. I guess there's a risk it could be worse, but it has to be much smaller than the reward would be for replacing everyone with good players. Yeah, they might have communication breakdowns and let up a sack or two, but that's still probably better than what's happening now. If the guys can't play we're going to have to replace them anyway, why not get a jump on continuity with the new linemen? I understand if people are just saying it's impossible to bring in that many guys with the salary cap situation and the limited number of draft picks, but I don't like the continuity argument.

It's like the we need to hire a head coach with experience. We need a good head coach. Lynn has head coaching experience now. He's not magically going to better at clock management at his next job because of this. I really didn't understand why people were excited for Mike McCarthy. He's a bad coach, just because he was out of the league and had coaching experience before doesn't make him a good coach now.
              Bulaga will probably be RT for one more year because of his cap hit next year if released (might as well keep him)
              Turner is due to make 11m - can you replace him with a better player for that money (or less). This is also the Mike Williams question but he is at 15m

Lamp and Feeney to me are more for some depth - have to sign some guys

But yes, the hope is that the team focuses early in the draft on OL and two guys, rookies, start.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

I've only seen Lamp blow a couple of blocks this year. Consider that he was a OT in college and missed his first 2 years in the NFL, I think he has upside and I'm for keeping him. Tevi has been much better this year (something I never expected) so I'd keep him too - hopefully as a swing tackle. I'd like to see us land someone new at Center via the draft. I'm unimpressed with Turner, he sure hasn't played like a pro-bowl Guard and he's missed too many games due to injury. It seems we're stuck with another year of Bulaga because of his salary but we better have someone in the wings at RT. (Tevi?) I was surprised at how decent Toner did when he replaced Turner but $11M for a backup? - Goodbye

Considering everything I'm hoping for a great LT, C, and RG from the draft.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No sir, no shit givin, just not a fan of unrealistic simulators. Just a boredom thing for me
                  Great !
                  I need to continue with this obsession...lol.
                  Yes, we must circle back to realistic draft simulation ultimately.

:shifty:
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Great !
                    I need to continue with this obsession...lol.
                    Yes, we must circle back to realistic draft simulation ultimately.

:shifty:
                    Just lean on Ninja - !! :cheers:
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Who the hell else does he think he needs to block?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        I've only seen Lamp blow a couple of blocks this year. Consider that he was a OT in college and missed his first 2 years in the NFL, I think he has upside and I'm for keeping him. Tevi has been much better this year (something I never expected) so I'd keep him too - hopefully as a swing tackle. I'd like to see us land someone new at Center via the draft. I'm unimpressed with Turner, he sure hasn't played like a pro-bowl Guard and he's missed too many games due to injury. It seems we're stuck with another year of Bulaga because of his salary but we better have someone in the wings at RT. (Tevi?) I was surprised at how decent Toner did when he replaced Turner but $11M for a backup? - Goodbye

Considering everything I'm hoping for a great LT, C, and RG from the draft.
                        There will be some options in the FA market for IOL.
                        Also hope we acquire 2-3 via the draft as well.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

PFF updates (I know, I know...). Tell me where they are wrong.

Norton = 64.8 ($780,000) (0 dead cap)
                          Bulaga = 62.7 ($11 mil) ($14 mil dead cap)
                          Toner = 60.6 (RFA)
                          Groy = 57.7 (UFA)
                          Quessenberry = 56.1 ($990,000) (40,000 dead cap)
                          Tevi = 55.9 (UFA)
                          Lamp = 50.8 (UFA)
                          Pipkins = 49.6 ($1 mil) (400,000 dead cap)
                          Feeney = 45.0 (UFA)
                          Turner = 42.5 ($11.5 mil) (0 dead cap)

Comment

Working...
                          X